Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It would be hilarious if the result of his ego trip to the White House resulted in charges from 3 decades worth of criminal activity from his foundation. One can only hope. 

I mean, Eric said it straight up, Trump's life got worse when he won.

He had played fast and loose for decades and had just enough plausible deniability and thick enough corporate veils to survive, but the game is over.

Mainly it stems from his misconduct during 2016.  It's not that everyone is now gunning for him bc he's Pres, it's that he did so many illegal things in 2016 that people couldn't help but notice, and those threads led to the 3 decades of stuff.

It's unfortunate that the USA had to and has to go through this, because it's fairly likely there's a decent parable in here somewhere.  Trump is basically Icarus, if Icarus was a massive total jerk and nearly destroyed Greece while doing his flight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Edit: And personally I'm cool with the non ban. Know thy enemy, they say. 

Only reason I agree with you is because he agreed to go quietly and this didn't take very long. 

We weren't getting his point of view on different topics, we were getting a broken record.  If I want that, I'll go to their forums, not wait for them to come to ours.  There's a difference between having a fringe take on things causing it hard to find a middle ground vs compromising isn't the point.  Saying he wants to ban all immigration period is a non-starter, and having just one person like that kills threads like a virus, I don't want multiples.

One of my biggest concerns is as we get closer to a majority-minority country is that once white people become just another minority group, white supremacy will start to meld with whites feeling left out, marginalized, and losing control of the federal government.  Addressing that issue needs to happen now, a place like Tyson's Corner and middle of nowhere Kansas are almost like different countries, people that haven't even reached white supremacist level yet are already saying we're not real Americans.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Why are they being sued anyway instead of charges filed?

I'm sure its in the article, but that was my initial reaction as well.  If I steal a candy and get caught, I'm probably in the back of a patrol car.  

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/3vk26x/chappelle-s-show-tron-carter-s--law---order----uncensored

• Like 1

People like VOS are going to destroy the country. The GOP is on a crusade to suppress any morals or principals. Blind allegiance to party and triggering the libs is all that matters. Case in point... here you have a typical Trump supporter decrying fictional, disproven, right-wing tabloid allegations about the misconduct of one non-profit that does a lot of good throughout the world because it has the name "Clinton" in it, while in the very next breath, proving that he doesn't give one flying **** about the misconduct of non-profits as he effortlessly dismisses the very real, out in the open, smoking gun evidence that is slapping him in the face because that foundation happens to have the word "Trump" in it. He then tells you straight up that Trump and his base find it amusing and energizing when they are exposed for being the liars, cheats, and conmen that they are.

Anyone who thinks they need to try to understand these folks or that you can reason with them or that you need to be nice to them needs to cut the crap and quit deluding themselves. They're villains. They're also assholes. Straight up. You don't even need to bother arguing with them. Once they've opened their mouths, their weakness was exposed and any need for arguing was over.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think laws governing non-profits are mostly federal. The NY AG refered this case for criminal charges to the IRS and FEC.

I have a non-profit that I run on the side and to get our 501c3 certification (tax exempt), we had to send a pretty lengthy application to the IRS called Form 1023.

You set out our your corporate bylaws and agree to abide by a long list of regulations that explicitly prohibit self dealing and political activity like it’s outlined in the NY lawsuit because you are tax exempt.

Trump really is an awful person at every level and it’s kind of amazing that he’s never bothered to hire more competent lawyers.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

And this comes from the guy whose profile picture depicts the man who oversaw the first major wave of public school integration.

Wow.

Also seeing as I'm multiracial, this takes on another layer of awfulness. Nice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

One thing I love about being multi-racial is I get to see with clear eyes how ****ing dumb it is for a person to base their identity on skin color. I get to side-step all that bull**** and just focus on my identity being based upon my choices, principles, and behavior.

God, what a dumbass mental construct that stuff is and these snowflake, persecution-complex having bigots just eat that **** right up.

• Like 4

What's interesting to me is that if all these lawsuits against Trump were happening while he wasn't President I have no doubt 90% of the population would believe he was guilty of all of it. Let's say in alternative universe he had lost the election and he was merely still just a rich a-hole....I can almost guarantee a lot of the people who support him now and cry out "fake news" about anything  related to Trump breaking the law, would be part of the "of course he is guilty" choir had he never entered the political arena. 

It says a lot how politics have morphed Trump into a good human being to half this country.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What's interesting to me is that if all these lawsuits against Trump were happening while he wasn't President I have no doubt 90% of the population would believe he was guilty of all of it.

Maybe all part of the master plan...

It says a lot how politics propaganda have morphed Trump into a good human being to half this country.

Fixed

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

What's interesting to me is that if all these lawsuits against Trump were happening while he wasn't President I have no doubt 90% of the population would believe he was guilty of all of it. Let's say in alternative universe he had lost the election and he was merely still just a rich a-hole....I can almost guarantee a lot of the people who support him now and cry out "fake news" about anything  related to Trump breaking the law, would be part of the "of course he is guilty" choir had he never entered the political arena. 

It says a lot how politics have morphed Trump into a good human being to half this country.

Yup, he's their franchise player in this tribal game. An underdog bully, ready to be the wrecking ball to these coastal "elites". Or at least that's the con.

When you don't know much about how government runs, especially the effort needed to keep it afloat, it makes it easier to take it for granted. To treat it like a game. So many of these people have zero outside awareness of the things at stake.

16 minutes ago, visionary said:

This seems to be such a consistent pattern with Trump and his cohorts (including his offspring): once something is discovered and looked into more heavily, it's always amazing just how damn comprehensively corrupt they were and how extraordinarily incompetent they were when they tried to hide any of it (when they even bothered to try).

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Big deal.  Any crimes the President, his families or allies may have committed; he will just pardon them all. 

State crimes, Trump can only pardon Federal crimes.

Then the pardoned person admits guilt by accepting the pardon, and also can't utilize the 5th amendment because there's no threat of prosecution.

Double edged sword.

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Rich people crimes are treated differently.

added for Larry

like misshandling classified material or destroying evidence :)

Edited by twa

Maybe someone can clearly explain this here.  I asked in the Trump cabinet thread.

In regards to the NY AG suing Trump, can someone explain why?  I mean if what he did was illegal, why sue him instead of indicting him?  If what he did wasn't illegal but just immoral, why is the AG involved?  

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

One of my biggest concerns is as we get closer to a majority-minority country is that once white people become just another minority group, white supremacy will start to meld with whites feeling left out, marginalized, and losing control of the federal government.  Addressing that issue needs to happen now, a place like Tyson's Corner and middle of nowhere Kansas are almost like different countries, people that haven't even reached white supremacist level yet are already saying we're not real Americans.

One of the reasons I made the society playing out thread.  Violence is coming I think.

4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

People like VOS are going to destroy the country. The GOP is on a crusade to suppress any morals or principals. Blind allegiance to party and triggering the libs is all that matters. Case in point... here you have a typical Trump supporter decrying fictional, disproven, right-wing tabloid allegations about the misconduct of one non-profit that does a lot of good throughout the world because it has the name "Clinton" in it, while in the very next breath, proving that he doesn't give one flying **** about the misconduct of non-profits as he effortlessly dismisses the very real, out in the open, smoking gun evidence that is slapping him in the face because that foundation happens to have the word "Trump" in it. He then tells you straight up that Trump and his base find it amusing and energizing when they are exposed for being the liars, cheats, and conmen that they are.

Anyone who thinks they need to try to understand these folks or that you can reason with them or that you need to be nice to them needs to cut the crap and quit deluding themselves. They're villains. They're also assholes. Straight up. You don't even need to bother arguing with them. Once they've opened their mouths, their weakness was exposed and any need for arguing was over.

Same to you.  And no way to I see this all getting fixed with bloodshed.

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

New York State A.G. Underwood made referrals to the IRS and to the Federal Election Commission as an offshoot of this suit for possible criminal prosecution. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Maybe someone can clearly explain this here.  I asked in the Trump cabinet thread.

One of the reasons I made the society playing out thread.  Violence is coming I think.

Same to you.  And no way to I see this all getting fixed with bloodshed.

The lawsuit was filed in civil court. A spokeswoman for Underwood said she did not have jurisdiction to seek criminal charges in cases involving nonprofits.

They are referring their findings to the FEC and IRS.