Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

You had to wear a shopping bag for seven of those ten days didn't you? 🤔

image.png.468bcdcd1725e0c9546ee7098bdd65bf.png

One of the boys came home with different pants on, I asked him about it and he said the ones I gave him were too small. I don't know where the other pants came from, I didn't ask.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m imagining the scenario is everyone did their part to put it all together and spent days if not weeks waiting for the final signature. Only to have Trump literally wait until the last minute to sign, right up against a deadline, causing such and oversight

one that probably in a regular business dealing not subject to such scrutiny slips by. Only to be discovered when he doesn’t pay them back, they go to enforce the contract, which then creates leverage for team Trump to litigate or refuse to pay. Ultimately ending in him not paying or paying a significantly reduced amount as a settlement. 

his people are known for creating and abusing such situations. There’s a list miles long of small contractors claiming they never got paid because they couldn’t afford to go after him on the contract. 

See, this makes total sense lol...for instance, doing stuff like a literal last-minute filing HAS to be for more reasons than "whoops" or general incompetence.

Either way, I'm hoping it backfires stupendously.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

One of the boys came home with different pants on, I asked him about it and he said the ones I gave him were too small. I don't know where the other pants came from, I didn't ask.

He's your kid.  Isn't he?  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Damn pleaseblitz. Why they got to do you this way. 

Can we keep the trial stuff to the Trump Trial thread?  This thread is for his civil fraud case.

Edited by China
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

NY AG asks Trump civil fraud judge to declare $175M bond ‘without effect’

The New York attorney general’s office has asked a judge to void the $175 million bond former President Trump secured to put off paying the larger monetary damage award in his civil fraud case.

State lawyers said in court filings Friday that the former president and his co-defendants — the Trump Organization and its top executives, including his two eldest sons — failed to prove the surety Trump used to obtain the bond actually has the money to back it.

They also say the defendants did not show that “sufficiently secure and ascertainable” collateral backs the bond.

“Based on the foregoing, the People respectfully request that the Court deny Movants’ motion to justify the surety, declare the Bond to be without effect and order that any replacement bond be posted within seven days, along with such other and further relief the Court deems necessary and appropriate,” lawyers with New York Attorney General Letitia James’s (D) office wrote in a 26-page filing.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

Not sure why Trump should keep getting do-overs. First he had his bond reduced, then his bond company isn't qualified and he gets more time to straighten it out and they still can't get it right. Tell him to pay immediately or the DA will start seizing assets.  

• Like 5

Yeah, I'm under the impression that, in order to get a stay on a court's ruling (that he owes this money), the person appealing has to show
1)  That irreparable harm will occur if the ruling is enforced, while being appealed.  
2)  And that the appellant has a reasonable chance of winning the appeal.  

Now, I can kind of see how the first might be true.  That, if the AG begins attempting to place tax liens on Trump properties, this could cause foreclosures and other sudden forced sales.  It could trigger Trump being forced to sell properties, at well below market value.  (Or at least, people will CLAIM it's well below market value.)  

I have no clue how a judge can rule that the second part is true.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not sure why Trump should keep getting do-overs. First he had his bond reduced, then his bond company isn't qualified and he gets more time to straighten it out and they still can't get it right. Tell him to pay immediately or the DA will start seizing assets.  

I would imagine that the state and AG would prefer getting the money instead of going through the hassle of seizing properties and bank accounts and trying to (I guess) sell off real estate to get the money. If so, then one more week won't hurt if he's somehow able to indeed come up with a solidly guaranteed bond (or just pay the entire thing in cash). I'm also unsure if giving defendants several attempts to get things right is the norm or not. It very well may be. It may not just be because he's Trump...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

image0.jpg?ex=66390a21&is=66269521&hm=8e

This is why Trump is such a bad businessman.  He's putting up $175 million in cash to the insurer (bonding company) rather than just paying the bond himself.  Now he also owes the bonding company a fee which is several million dollars.  Not sure why he didn't just pay the bond himself and save the cost of the fee.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, China said:

This is why Trump is such a bad businessman.  He's putting up $175 million in cash to the insurer (bonding company) rather than just paying the bond himself.  Now he also owes the bonding company a fee which is several million dollars.  Not sure why he didn't just pay the bond himself and save the cost of the fee.

Something fishy going on here.

• Like 3

@China

@LadySkinsFan

@PokerPacker

Except that's not what is happening.  He's paying some percentage of $175M, so that his $175M can earn him interest.  

If the bond fee is 4%, it's "only" $7M.  Let's assume his appeals last 2 years.  If his brokerage account is in a 4% money market fund, he will gain $14M in interest over those 2 years, thus making him money.

Since the DA and Court agreed that Knight gain control of that account, seems like they will just keep his cash in there.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@China

@LadySkinsFan

@PokerPacker

Except that's not what is happening.  He's paying some percentage of $175M, so that his $175M can earn him interest.  

If the bond fee is 4%, it's "only" $7M.  Let's assume his appeals last 2 years.  If his brokerage account is in a 4% money market fund, he will gain $14M in interest over those 2 years, thus making him money.

Since the DA and Court agreed that Knight gain control of that account, seems like they will just keep his cash in there.  

That 14 million won't last a few months, let alone 2 years, with all the legal fees he's racking up. Once group (if I remember correctly), raised about 3.5 mil for Trump and it was reported that all of that went to legal fees...for just the month of March. It wasn't even stated if that paid off the legal fees. I don't see a guy campaigning anymore, I see a panicked worker trying to raise money to stay afloat.

• Thumb up 1