Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

8 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Mr. Litman, 

Could you explain to me how a $100M bond secures that someone will pay a $500M judgement?  

• Thanks 1

Let's be honest.  If this doesn't happen it goes to SCOTUS and they will say "the bond is too high and it implicates 8th amendment issues....".   Of course a strict constructionist/originalist would follow the law.... but they get to pick and choose which laws based on who wins or loses. 

Let's send the check in and forget to sign it!
 BUT they'll get it by the deadline, and then by the time they figure it out and send us a new bill, we bought at least a month before they can cut the lights off!

And then ..  get this.. here's the best part. ..  we do it AGAIN.
Say, that's pretty clever..   if you're a trailer park alcoholic who can't hold a job and you're trying to keep the microwave going for another month so Raylene can feed your 5 kids some damn nuggets so they's shut up!

Man, **** THIS ****ING LOW RENT ****WAD OF A GUY. 

~Bang

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

@TheGreatBuzz

Yes.  I was about to post it. 

1) The company isn't licensed in New York Stste. 

2)  The AG questioned, and it appears the company doesn't have required cash on-hand reserves. 

The AG is giving another 10 day deadline....

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@TheGreatBuzz

Yes.  I was about to post it. 

1) The company isn't licensed in New York Stste. 

2)  The AG questioned, and it appears the company doesn't have required cash on-hand reserves. 

The AG is giving another 10 day deadline....

Heard on MSNBC (I think) that generally the bond amount would need to be no more than 10% of the issuing company's cash on hand. In Trump's case, the bond amount is something like 127% of that company's cash on hand.

I could have all that wrong, by the way lol...

Here is a news article:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/letitia-james-seeks-information-trump-bond-collateral-rcna146525

WASHINGTON — New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a notice on Thursday seeking more information about former President Donald Trump's bond for the civil fraud case, which was issued by Knight Specialty Insurance Company.  KSIC is not admitted in New York, and James "takes exception to the sufficiency of the surety to the undertaking" given to Trump without a certificate of qualification being issued to the company, James said in the filing.  James asks that Trump's team or KSIC "file a motion to justify the surety bond," or provide further information about collateral provided by the former president, within 10 days.

Another article says there will be a hearing on April 22.  Who knew the guy guilty of fraud would try to post a fraudulent bond?  

• Haha 2

ECLIPSES are signs. An event that can be predicted DECADES, CENTURIES in advance. 

Holy ****, elected leaders of this country are living in the ****ing STONE AGE. I see some of the GOP go along to get the ratings and votes by latching on and playing up the extremism, but she BELIEVES THIS ****. I guaranTEE you she believes an eclipse is an evil omen from the ****ing Sky Fairy.

In the past, we have had threads about some weird ass **** in th Congo dealing with witchcraft belief, murders over it, arrests,, we usually have put them here with a sense of wonder, as in how does this exist now?
I've asked "How do you DEAL with people who are SO COMPLETELY out of touch with the modern world? How do you drag them up?"

MTG is exactly the same. Here. In the so-called "first world".

And now I see the appeal of stoning these people to death.

~Bang on her head with ****ing granite.

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Seems to me this might be wishful thinking. I haven't seen a due date for the paperwork & proof they can actually pay the $175M. 

Letitia James to Begin Claiming Donald Trump's Properties: Lawyer

An insurance company will not be permitted to post a $175 million bond for Donald Trump while he appeals a fraud judgment, a former federal prosecutor has said.

Eric Lisann was reacting to a separate comment by another lawyer, Dave Kingman, who wrote that Knight Specialty Insurance will not be able to post the bond for Trump.

Kingman wrote that, as a result, New York Attorney General Letitia James will be able to begin enforcement proceedings on Donald Trump's properties.

A New York court has rejected Knight Specialty's paperwork and said it wanted to see more information on its financial backing. The company filed new paperwork on April 4.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-bond-new-york-fraud-trial-letitia-james-attorney-general-arthur-engoron-1887833

Alina Habba Removed From Case

Alina Habba has been replaced by her "dear friend" Armen Morian as the attorney representing Allen Weisselberg, a former chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, in an ongoing legal case, according to an April 7 court filing.

In recent times Habba has emerged as a prominent Trump associate, representing the former president in a number of his legal cases and becoming a regular at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. Morian is another longstanding Trump associate.

On April 7 Weisselberg sent a notice to change attorneys form to Judge Arthur Engoron, who presided over the civil fraud case brought against Trump and a number of his associates by New York Attorney General Letitia Jones.

Speaking to Newsweek Habba said the change in Weisselberg's representation was mutually agreed confirming they'd departed on good terms, and described Morian as "a dear friend."

Click on the link for the full article