ixcuincle

How bout Jakob Varna and his power move for the goal

And Nashville gets a quick goal back

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Finally, a day game that's not blacked out! I gotta get my chores done!😀

On my tv its blacked out on NHL network but is being shown on CSN DC 

Someone somewhere needs to straighten this nonsense out 

20 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Starting to wonder if Ovi is playing through an injury. Obviously didn’t expect him to keep scoring at such an insane pace but you have barely heard his name the last few games. 

Side note 5 penalty free periods against the caps going back to the last game. 

Oshie is an anchor on that line.  Wilson needs to stay on the top line, IMO.  He provides a spark and I have a feeling that Ovechkin will get going again.  There is no way he's playing thru an injury right now.  Any thoughts of that should have been squashed after he took that run at Hartman in the closing minutes of the game yesterday LOL

On 12/31/2018 at 2:20 PM, SkinsFanRob said:

Starting to wonder if Ovi is playing through an injury.

Ding!

Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin has informed the NHL that he will not attend the All-Star Game in San Jose later this month, after fans voted him the Metropolitan Division captain. Ovechkin said he wants the extra rest, with the league’s all-star break bleeding into the Capitals' bye week, which would give him more than a week off. But the decision has a cost: Ovechkin will be required by the league to miss one game either immediately before or after the All-Star Game. Washington plays in Toronto before the break and hosts Calgary after it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/02/alex-ovechkin-skip-nhl-all-star-game-will-be-suspended-one-game/?utm_term=.0760723c6ca6

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

he's also got a 5 month old at home... 

Good point.  All things considered, I don't think one can really criticize Ovi for the move, it's really smart.  The more I think about it, I'd be more upset if he did play.  It's also on the west coast, so add 2 5 hour flights to the list of reasons not to do it.  

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Is it just fan vote?  That would explain it.

I think only the Captains are fan votes. Not really sure why he made it cause Caps have more than one player so he wouldn’t fill that requirement of one per team.

Last player in is also a fan vote taking place now 

44 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don’t understand how Holtby made the team. Unless it’s a reward for the playoffs and not about this season. His overall stats still suck for this season even though he had been better until last game.

Holtby and Lundqvist are the tenders. Who else in the Metro are you taking over Holtby? Nobody in Philly, Jersey, Carolina, Pittsburgh, or Columbus that has played enough is demonstrably better.

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Holtby and Lundqvist are the tenders. Who else in the Metro are you taking over Holtby? Nobody in Philly, Jersey, Carolina, Pittsburgh, or Columbus that has played enough is demonstrably better.

Yea, pickins are slim in the Metro.  Bob's stats aren't better than Holts.  

Archived