Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

22 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

65 and 72 can both go via trade. They offer nothing, and are replacement level players. 

Both of them have a habit of b.s.ing through the regular season, but making contributions in the playoffs.  I doubt we'dget much value for Bura, but #72 might get us some good value but really who's gonna step up to replace him.  Im okay with #72 in the playoffs, but if we trade him, that means Orpik and some minor-leaguer get a lot more icetime in the playoffs.  That doesnt sit well with me, so Im inclined just to put with #72's lollygagging his way through the regular season -- it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Hey guys, looking for advice. Moving out of the DC area to Charlotte NC. Need to figure out how I'm going to watch my Caps. My new cable provider has an NHL package for $99 for half the season. I'm not sure if it includes the playoffs or not. They keep advertising at the games that we should watch on Hulu, but I have Hulu and can't figure out how that works. Any and all advice appreciated. Go Caps!

As Hersh mentioned, the playoffs are covered by NBC. (Round 1 is pretty spread out, so you'll need local NBC as well as NBCSN and possibly CNN and MSNBC for "all" 8 series in round 1..) Not sure on Hulu/Center Ice but if it was me, for half a season.. https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/  

19 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Something is wrong with OVI. He just seems so sluggish lately and doesnt appear to be having fun like he was earlier in the season. 

NHL regular season is long.  Too long.  Hell I get tired just of just watching the games, I can imagine players inevitably get a little bored, especially when their teamis doing fine and the the high from winning the cup is starting to wear off.  He's fine, and until recently he was playing the most complete 200 ft hockey Id ever seen from him -- Ill look the other way until after the all-star game.   

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

In Raleigh I have the NHL package on direct tv. I’m pretty sure playoff games are on various nbc channels which is not part of an nhl package 

40 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

As Hersh mentioned, the playoffs are covered by NBC. (Round 1 is pretty spread out, so you'll need local NBC as well as NBCSN and possibly CNN and MSNBC for "all" 8 series in round 1..) Not sure on Hulu/Center Ice but if it was me, for half a season.. https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/  

Thanks guys. Sounds like I should be fine for the playoffs. I'm gonna see if I can get them to pro-rate the regular season package even further.

Are the Nashville fans chanting Holtby even though Copley's playing? They sound so similar but it really sounds like Holtby.

45 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Wait -- CNN?  As in Anderson Cooper, 24 hours-of-the-same-3-stories CNN?  When did this happen? 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Both of them have a habit of b.s.ing through the regular season, but making contributions in the playoffs.  I doubt we'dget much value for Bura, but #72 might get us some good value but really who's gonna step up to replace him.  Im okay with #72 in the playoffs, but if we trade him, that means Orpik and some minor-leaguer get a lot more icetime in the playoffs.  That doesnt sit well with me, so Im inclined just to put with #72's lollygagging his way through the regular season -- it is what it is.

72 is Boyd. He’s never played in the playoffs. He is a black hole on the ice

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

Wait -- CNN?  As in Anderson Cooper, 24 hours-of-the-same-3-stories CNN?  When did this happen? 

The playoffs will be on various NBC networks. NBCSN, USA, CNBC, MSNBC, whatever NBC owns. They won't be on CNN. On days they play, you just look for the network covering the game. I live out of market and it's not hard to find. 

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

72 is Boyd. He’s never played in the playoffs. He is a black hole on the ice

Oops.  Wrong number.  Ill give you a trophy if you can guess who I was referring to from the description in my post, lol.

1 minute ago, Redskin4ever said:

The playoffs will be on various NBC networks. NBCSN, USA, CNBC, MSNBC, whatever NBC owns. They won't be on CNN. On days they play, you just look for the network covering the game. I live out of market and it's not hard to find. 

Holy Sh--- USA  CNBC???  I would never even have guessed.  No wonder I can never find hockey games on TV anymore...

Archived