Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

He obviously doesn't suck.  But the superlatives that folks labeled him with aren't entirely inaccurate.  Honestly, I think a lot of his poor play coincides with his return from the concussion earlier in the season.  He's been abysmal on faceoffs and his defensive awareness isn't good by any means....

3rd line demotion is a good wake up call for him...especially if he is 100% healthy. 

I agree.  Both him and Oshie have been off since their concussions.  Maybe it takes a while to get it all back.  Maybe they were worse than the team lets on.

Awesome day for some sports, mimosas on the couch all day. Really hope they can get a win today to build some momentum, luckily it’s a struggling Chicago team who we usually beat. I don’t even remember the last time I saw the caps lose 5 in a row not to mention 6. 

18 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Caps in practice today:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Oshie

Vrana-Eller-Wilson

Burakovsky-Kuznetsov-Connolly

Stephenson-Dowd-DSP 

😯 What in the world is that crazy coach thinking?? 🤣 He's 2 games late, but I'll give him a pass on that.. 😜

It’s a dumb move but if people want to pretend Kuzy is the reason for the Caps struggles I will continue to laugh at their lack of hockey sense. It makes zero sense that 8-92-43 are not the top line 

Eller has been far worse, Oshie has done very little, Bura is a waste of $3 million, Connolly has been solid this season but has one goal and one assist in the last 12 games, Orlov has done nothing offensively, Niskanen has stopped contributing the last couple months, but let’s keep pretending that Kuzy is the problem and playing him fewer minutes is a good idea. 

Archived