Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

12 hours ago, c slag said:

Kinda wish Jay Beagle was still a Capital

Yeah, he’s one of those guys you want to root for and see him succeed. I wish he was still a Capital, but at the same time I’m glad he was able to get paid. I know salary caps are designed to keep top contracts down, but It also means the grinders will have to leave the team that made them to get paid. He is definitely one of the few players that have left the Caps that I want to see do well. 

On 2/5/2019 at 7:40 PM, c slag said:

Don't understand how that was a goal falling in off the top of the net like that but I'll definitely take it

Pretty sure they only stop play if the puck comes to rest on the net, not just bounces off.   Otherwise they would have to stop play any time a wide shot and brushes the net.

As for the high stick, they reviewed the play and it appears Kuznetsov's stick never came in contact with the puck, which is good because it was over the crossbar and would have nullified the goal.  

I’ve never felt comfortable with a 3-1 lead, we lost a game when we were up 5-1 in regulation this year. Being up 3-1 is the worst lead in hockey, Copley made some good saves last night but let a soft goal by him to go into OT. It was a fun game last night, Kuznetsov has gotten his mojo back lately. Wilson WRECKED Cole, **** was awesome.

14 hours ago, Hersh said:

Didn't they have this same problem a couple seasons ago? 

5 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

Yeah but we a couple seasons ago we would always come out on the losing end.  I want to say we set some sort of a record for surrendering 2 goal leads, it was BBAADD

Yep, thankfully were not losing (too many) points due to it so far. I wasn't feeling good at all about going into a S/O with Copley vs Varley last night.. Nice that Kuz seems to be coming back around! 

The longer this season goes on the more obvious it becomes letting Barry go was a mistake. As much money as ted brings in he let a Stanley cup winning coach walk over a few mil. Yes I know there were already stipulations in Barry’s contract if we won a cup. I don’t care. They should have paid the man. 

Teams play and decision making is suspect.. Not sure what he's thinking with 3 seconds to go, at the other end of the ice. Apparently the NHL will let us keep the stolen point. 🤣 Still, seems like the last month + every time we make a mistake it's in our net.  Got to tighten up!!! 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

how close are we to not making the playoffs? Could we seriously be kept out of the playoffs all because of that losing streak and now that we probably can’t afford to lose much more games?

They are firmly in the playoff hunt. They are 2nd in their division. They are 5 points up on the first team missing the wild card. So unless they have another losing streak they should be fine. Obviously, another losing streak means they probably didn’t deserve the playoffs. But they aren’t in any trouble if they take care of business.

Archived