Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

13 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Kuzy with the late tying goal!

since when did we do seven nation army? Lol

Since the 90s. 

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

That was definitely a penalty on Backstrom. Don’t know why the complaints. Also, not sure I'd mock Kuzy’s celebration when your team choked in the first round of the playoffs last season against the Caps 

The complaints come from the fact it wasn’t a penalty in regulation, and they call it in OT. There were trips, hooks, and slashes I’m the 3rd period they let go. 

11 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Since the 90s. 

The complaints come from the fact it wasn’t a penalty in regulation, and they call it in OT. There were trips, hooks, and slashes I’m the 3rd period they let go. 

Makes sense since I didn't see most of the game. Uneven officiating is frustrating. Having said that, I continue to not like Backstrom and Ovechkin on the ice together in OT. 

28 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Can anyone explain how Holtby left the game with an injury to his eye after being high-sticked, and a double-minor was not assessed?

Is there a reason it should be a double minor if there is no blood? I couldn't tell if he was bleeding and I don't know the rule beyond blood. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Is there a reason it should be a double minor if there is no blood? I couldn't tell if he was bleeding and I don't know the rule beyond blood. 

The rule is that a double-minor is to be assessed if it causes injury.  Drawing blood is one form of injury that is easy to identify.

Kuznetsov isn't offering much at the moment either.. None of the centers are offering anything. Jaskin needs a sweater and 92 needs to center the 3rd line for a game or two. Kid hasn't looked right since he got his bell rung. Division too tight to be going this cold.. Hope they snap out of it here soon. 

21 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Kuznetsov isn't offering much at the moment either.. None of the centers are offering anything. Jaskin needs a sweater and 92 needs to center the 3rd line for a game or two. Kid hasn't looked right since he got his bell rung. Division too tight to be going this cold.. Hope they snap out of it here soon. 

Step away for the night. 

Just now, GoDeep81 said:

lol. Is it sacrilege to demote Kuzy? 

Top line centers don’t get put on the 3rd line unless they are double shifting cause the 2nd or 3rd line center is hurt mid game. Especially ones with 37 points in 39 games in favor of a center with 20 points in 45 games.

12 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Relax. Its the ups and downs, the flows of a season.

I couldn't care less whether we win the division or not. Once you enter the playoffs its a clean slate.

Nah, I don't care about the division either.. (thought only being +5-6 points from a playoff spot is concerning, given our recent play and the teams below us) But I just want to see some better hockey and the status quo doesn't seem to be working. Not to mention, Eller had some of his best games filling in for Kuz.. I also don't feel that putting Kuzy out with Connolly and Burt or Stephenson is somehow a bad thing. Let him play a little more defense and maybe find his legs. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't.. But Reirden needs to shake it up somehow. Eyes will be peeled tonight against Nashville.. And don't get me started on Orpik and Niskanen.. Both showing their age (In a bad way) 

Hey guys, looking for advice. Moving out of the DC area to Charlotte NC. Need to figure out how I'm going to watch my Caps. My new cable provider has an NHL package for $99 for half the season. I'm not sure if it includes the playoffs or not. They keep advertising at the games that we should watch on Hulu, but I have Hulu and can't figure out how that works. Any and all advice appreciated. Go Caps!

Archived