Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

8 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

9.7 mil left to sign Wilson and Beags, maybe even get Orpik back.

Let's put Wilson on the high side at 4.5

That would leave 5.2 for Beagle/Orpik....

I wouldn't blow the budget on either guy, but there is crazy flexibility with the cap right now due to the deals that GMBM is handing out.  Caps are in GREAT shape. 

On 6/28/2018 at 9:49 AM, Hersh said:

That will be sweet. Let me know how it goes 

Couldnt use either of them.  My teammate brought them to the rink last night, only problem... they’re a ****ing mile long.  I’ve got to cut it at least 6 inches.  Hope it doesn’t make it too stiff but there’s also a detent in the shaft like it’s meant to be cut to a certain length.

We will see,  game on Sunday morning.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Couldnt use either of them.  My teammate brought them to the rink last night, only problem... they’re a ****ing mile long.  I’ve got to cut it at least 6 inches.  Hope it doesn’t make it too stiff but there’s also a detent in the shaft like it’s meant to be cut to a certain length.

We will see,  game on Sunday morning.

Is Kuzy that much taller than you or does he just use an unusually long stick?

3 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Let's put Wilson on the high side at 4.5

That would leave 5.2 for Beagle/Orpik....

I wouldn't blow the budget on either guy, but there is crazy flexibility with the cap right now due to the deals that GMBM is handing out.  Caps are in GREAT shape. 

You have to factor in Bowey and Boyd/Gersich. Whoever the 7th dman and or 13/14th forwards are, they will cost. Currently only Walker is factored into that amount. We could go with only 13 forwards to start the season.

19 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

You have to factor in Bowey and Boyd/Gersich. Whoever the 7th dman and or 13/14th forwards are, they will cost. Currently only Walker is factored into that amount. We could go with only 13 forwards to start the season.

Ahhh...forgot about them.  Let's put Wilson at 4 million, that leaves 5.7 for Orpik/Beagle/Gersich/Boyd/Bowey. 

Personally, I don't think the team will retain Beagle, so he's out of the picture. 

Let's put Orpik at 2 mil, 3.7 for Gersich/Boyd/Bowey, who will all command less than 1 mil.  MUCH less than 1 mil.  There's some flexibility there with the roster.  GMBM did a masterful job creating an environment where players are willing to take less to stay in town. 

26 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I doubt Tom Wilson makes $4.5M.

Realistically, I have him between 3.5-4....I went high with 4.5 as a worst case scenario. 

Welcome to the head of the table coach Reirden! And I stand corrected.. Forget they needed to sign Beagle and it appears he's probably gone.. :(  If he does go, I wish him the very best!! Stephenson going to have some huge shoes to fill.. That motor, forecheck, PK and especially 50+% faceoff win percentage looms large.. 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Let me be the first to say that we need to fire Reirden.

Nuh uh.  That's cheating.

You have to say why so that when we actually decide we need to fire Todd we can decide if you get credit for calling it or not.

27 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Nuh uh.  That's cheating.

You have to say why so that when we actually decide we need to fire Todd we can decide if you get credit for calling it or not.

His message has gotten stale. It's no longer connecting with the players. It was a good run but it's time to move on and take the team in a different direction.

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Seems like he won every big faceoff. If he gets paid, I'm happy for him. He should get a hero's welcome standing O upon his return to Cap One.

I would say every face-off in the 5 on 3 in Game 2 vs Vegas.  If they didn't kill those penalties, that series may be totally different looking back.  Beagle was a classic grinder in his time here.  Us fans will always appreciate that 

Archived