Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

I’m surprised DSP didn’t wait to see what offers might come in. Only cause I don’t begrudge any athlete from capitalizing on their success and cashing in. Especially non-super stars

Edited by Hersh
2 hours ago, Hersh said:

I’m surprised DSP didn’t wait to see what offers might come in. Only cause I don’t begrudge any athlete from capitalizing on their success and cashing in. Especially non-super stars

He was on his 4th team in 2 years.  Maybe he is happy being wanted.

Just cause he’s got a cool nickname like DSP doesn’t mean he’s gonna fetch a king’s ransom.  I think $1M is a fair offer and with any luck (for him), he will get a lot more than that next offseason.

He floundered on the first line last season though.

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don’t think he would have made a kings ransom but the point is I wouldn’t have blamed him for trying to get a multi year deal for financial security. 

Got you.

Im super stoked to try out this new Pro Stock Kuznetsov stick tonight.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That will be sweet. Let me know how it goes 

My only worry is that it’s gonna be too tall and I’ll have to cut it and increase the flex (one is an 80 flex the other is an 85 flex).  My buddy is bringing them to my game tonight, so hoping there’s at least time to tape them up... and he doesn’t forget them at home.

Never tried a pro stock before and my preference was Kuzy because it looks like he’s got a nice toe curve, then Burakovsky.  Lucky for me, the lefty’s are still cheap.  I was shocked at the price ($90 each).

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

He turned down other offers to stat here....says a lot about what he thinks of the org. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Is the NHL less of a two team league than the NBA or is it an illusion created by the fact that the NHL's Warriors and Cavs play in the same division?

The NHL has had 11 different Stanley Cup champs since 2000. The runners up in that time frame were 16 different teams. It's definitely NOT just the Caps and Pens. 

Edited by Hersh
34 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The NHL has had 11 different Stanley Cup champs since 2000. The runners up in that time frame were 16 different teams. It's definitely NOT just the Caps and Pens. 

I'm not even sure how one could say it is the Caps and Pens anyways considering the Caps had never passed the 2nd round of the playoffs until this year.

Or the fact that an expansion team made the Stanley Cup finals this year too.  There is also that.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Yup...it's one of the few sports where I think each of the playoff teams has a legit chance of winning the cup. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Is the NHL less of a two team league than the NBA or is it an illusion created by the fact that the NHL's Warriors and Cavs play in the same division?

The NBA has been more a one team league for the past two seasons  Rockets had an outside shot of beating the Warriors this year had Paul not gotten hurt but probably the Warriors still win in 7.  

In the next 2-3 years, only team I can see seriously challenging the Warriors is the Celtics.   Or maybe LeBron forms some super team again.   Of course, this is all dependent on the top 3 not getting hurt (for the Warriors or their challengers), which changes the equation.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

The past 3 years you knew whoever wins that seasons wins the cup. As an outside observer without having the emotional pull you could see quite clearly in the context of a series the Caps were head and shoulders better than every team but the Pens and visa versa when the Pens won their Cups. It's more or less the only series where either team needed their goaltenders to come up big to win the series. I don't see it changing in the next 2-3 years either that series should decide the cup winner.  The NHL isn't immune to a lack of parity ot just had a good stretch for a while. Wasn't there a stretch in the 90s with essentially the same 2-3 teams ending up playing for the cup? 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • ixcuincle changed the title to 2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread