Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

50 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

I remember a lot of Caps fans were angry when we picked Wilson at #16 in 2012. We had 2 picks that year, we hit the jackpot with Filip Forsberg at #11, and then people were hoping we'd take Teuvo Teravainen with the #16. When Wilson was selected at #16, no one knew who he was, and everyone thought it was a reach.

Turns out Wilson was THE best pick (for the Caps) of that draft. 

I was on board with Wilson from the start.  I remember telling folks on here that he was just what we were in need of; a power forward who could one day fill Knuble's role on the the first line opposite Ovechkin.

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

He’s way better than Knuvle ever was on this team.  Kuz/Willy/Ovie > Backy/Knube/Ovie and it’s not close.

Huh? I love Wilson just as much as the next Caps fan, but OV/Nicky/Knuble was a line that ran roughshod over the rest of the NHL.

Lets not downplay Knuble's role on this team. 

11 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I remember a lot of Caps fans were angry when we picked Wilson at #16 in 2012. We had 2 picks that year, we hit the jackpot with Filip Forsberg at #11, and then people were hoping we'd take Teuvo Teravainen with the #16. When Wilson was selected at #16, no one knew who he was, and everyone thought it was a reach.

Turns out Wilson was THE best pick (for the Caps) of that draft. 

Unfortunately, he was mismanaged his first couple of years in the league.  He really found his footing under Trotz, and I think he has all the tools to be a 20+ goal scorer and be around or over 50 points per year when he's in his prime.  Not to mention, the leadership he brings to the table as well.  He's the perfect guy to have on this team with how the landscape of the league is changing. 

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Unfortunately, he was mismanaged his first couple of years in the league.  He really found his footing under Trotz, and I think he has all the tools to be a 20+ goal scorer and be around or over 50 points per year when he's in his prime.  Not to mention, the leadership he brings to the table as well.  He's the perfect guy to have on this team with how the landscape of the league is changing. 

He's the perfect protection for the top line players. 

I agree about the mismanagement the first two seasons. Most of that goes on the organization but some of that also goes on the league and their dumb age rules for the minors 

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I love DSP but some team will probably overpay for his services based on his small sample size hot play in the postseason.

I think the Caps have a HUGE advantage here because DSP says he felt at home here.  The Caps were his 4th team in 2 years (SJ, Montreal, NJ, DC), and he was bought out in NJ.  There is enough good will on both sides to find a nice contract number, just like they did with Connolly.

Yea...I think DSP stays and they reach a 2/3 year deal with him.  He proved his worth in the playoffs.  Dude came up big in a number of spots, and frankly, I don't know how some of these series would have turned out without him showing up when it mattered. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Apparently the equipment sale is today.  Hoping my buddy can come through with a stick for me.

They have it slotted at different times based on seniority. It's annoying because I can't make my assigned time slot and they won't let us go any other time until the general public sale on Saturday. This year there will certainly be a rush on equipment. May not be worth the circus.

^^^How is the quality of your stuff pjfootballer? I was looking at that same gear but was hesitant of the quality without actually being able to touch it. Would the flag/banner hold up outside? 

1 hour ago, Kurd Cudins said:

They have it slotted at different times based on seniority. It's annoying because I can't make my assigned time slot and they won't let us go any other time until the general public sale on Saturday. This year there will certainly be a rush on equipment. May not be worth the circus.

^^^How is the quality of your stuff pjfootballer? I was looking at that same gear but was hesitant of the quality without actually being able to touch it. Would the flag/banner hold up outside? 

My buddy grabbed me two Kuznetsov sticks. $90 a piece.  Not a bad deal.

34 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Wow, considering what a good stick goes for brand new, that's surprising.

Yeah, one is a Tacks and the other a Ribcor.  I’ve got a game Thursday so hopefully it’s not a waste.  But yeah, at that price, I think I’ll be happy.

The quality of the flag is pretty nice I got one to hang in my basement.

So today I got a shipment email from Monumental Sports about the puck with the team pic on it and I have a tracking number.

Then like 5 hours later I got an email stating the item has been delayed.

So yeah....

At least my other hat shipped.  Now all I'm waiting for is one more shirt.

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

My buddy grabbed me two Kuznetsov sticks. $90 a piece.  Not a bad deal.

Damn it. That's a really good deal. May have to make it out on Saturday to pick up the leftovers. Want to order one of those flags but I frankly don't want to give nhl shop any more of my money. I've ordered a ton of stuff since the cup and something has gone wrong with about half of the orders, and that's not even including the fact that everything was unnecessarily delayed to begin with. Horrible experience and inflated prices.

9 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Damn it. That's a really good deal. May have to make it out on Saturday to pick up the leftovers. Want to order one of those flags but I frankly don't want to give nhl shop any more of my money. I've ordered a ton of stuff since the cup and something has gone wrong with about half of the orders, and that's not even including the fact that everything was unnecessarily delayed to begin with. Horrible experience and inflated prices.

Order it from Amazon. Prime shipping is free and will be at your door in 2 days:

https://www.amazon.com/WinCraft-Washington-Capitals-Stanley-Champions/dp/B07DM3197S/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1530100458&sr=8-13&keywords=capitals+stanley+cup+champions+flag71ykweLOKbL._SL1200_.jpg

NHL shop has been a joke.. Hat I ordered took 3 weeks to ship. Now I have to pray they sent the right one and that it's got all the logos on it.. Seen some that were missing the Caps logo.. lol Just said Stanley Cup Champions with a big blank spot in the middle, where the Caps logo should be.. :huh:

I think they'll probably lose Beagle or DSP.. Hope they can keep em' both but it'll take some doing.. 

NHL deal with Fanatics has been horrible as far as I'm concerned.

Not just the delays and incorrect orders, but the quality of many of the shirts and hats they've been granted exclusive rights to for the championship have been mediocre at best.  I have a $25 Stanley Cup Final Adidas shirt that is much better quality than the Fanatics branded crap I have received.  The only nice thing I've seen them make is the official Championship hat, but as noted above some people were receiving that with no Caps logo on it.

SMH

Archived