Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

This is soul crushing.

It's a lot to put on one rookie to say that he makes or breaks the teams season, but I've felt like that all along, well before he got injured.  This team has so desperately needed a running back like Guice for quite some time.  If we didn't know there was no chance to make a playoff run before now, it's absolutely certain that there is no chance.

I feel awful for Jay Gruden... this is devastating for him and could be the undoing of his time here.  I have to imagine he was really looking forward to an offense with Guice in the driver's seat.  Now, he has to put a happy face on and pretend that he's not dreading watching "Fit Rob" and Byron Marshall in the offense.  Neither of whom could do anything remotely close to what Guice can do.  This news is just ****.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We'll get a good look at a similar situation with Dalvin Cook returning this season.

The chance of a player being the same is one in a million.

The only guy I can remember coming back just as good was AP and he broke the 2000 yd mark.

Dont bank on it for Cook or Guice

That's awful.  Guice to me by a mile was my main source of optimism about the season. 

I've not been optimistic that injured guys are more likely to be healthy from one season to the next from a law of averages stand point -- because usually its the reverse, injured guys tend to be more vulnerable to more injuries.  Guice wasn't even one of the injury concerns I had.  Now to me its can Jordan Reed stay healthy.  Chris Thompson saying he still feels pain upon being touched and doctors tell him he won't be truly 100% until November -- doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I need to decompress a little I guess :) to feel a bit more positive.  but yeah for me Guice was by far my main hope for this season. 

18 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

How is an injury with someone who has been at the facility for a month a reflection on training staff?

Yea its just bad luck. There is a evil witch in some forest somewhere putting a “bad luck” spell on the team.

Good summary for me.  Looks like we can't catch a break.  Schedule looks potentially brutal again.  Guice out for the year.   Thompson might not be 100% until November.   I don't mind Kelley or Perine as backups but as the #1 guys -- got my doubts to say the least.  I think I actually like Johnson and Bibbs over them.  At this point I am guessing they all make the roster now sans Bibbs. 

Grant PaulsenVerified account @granthpaulsen
FollowingFollowing @granthpaulsen
More

Derrius Guice has done everything right. Worked hard, looked like a stud, signed 1 million autographs, been a model citizen. Lost for the season. The #Redskins continue to not be able to catch a break.

I'm probably gonna take some time away. Just as football season was drawing me back in, this happens. My interest and excitement for this season just took a major ****ing hit. Can't even stomach thinking about the season right now. Being a Skins fan is the worst. 

Archived