16 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Agreed 

Richardson

Sims Jr

Davis

Harmon

Quinn

Mclauin

That's close to what will probably happen, but Doctson is going to make the team and Harmon is probably going to get cut unfortunately.  It's going to kill me if that happens.  I'd rather have Harmon than either Doctson or Richardson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

Crazy how we are relying on guys who didn’t even play much. McLaren, Richardson and Quinn had little run.

It feel like they're protecting Mclaurin. As for the other 2, they scare the hell out of me. Both Richardson and Quinn can't stay healthy. Both talented, but so is Jordan Reed. I wonder why the Skins are one of the most injured teams in the NFL. Reed, Richardson, Quinn and Thompson can't stay healthy. I don't expect this year to be much different. We should probably keep 11 WRs to be honest.  

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's close to what will probably happen, but Doctson is going to make the team and Harmon is probably going to get cut unfortunately.  It's going to kill me if that happens.  I'd rather have Harmon than either Doctson or Richardson.

Doubt they cut a rookie. I know he's a 6th rd pick, but I'd be surprised. 

Edited by desertbeagle85

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yea a lot of fans' camp crushes are gonna be hurt about some kind of wide receiver move. Either Harmon, RDavis, or Sims gets cut, most likely. Maybe both Sims'

But personally, I seriously doubt Harmon gets cut.

For one thing, I get the feeling Jay really, really likes him.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

19 minutes ago, dyst said:

Crazy how we are relying on guys who didn’t even play much. McLaren, Richardson and Quinn had little run.

Jay seems to be getting more and more content with "over-resting" guys at numerous positions, in preseason.

Not sure if that's the result of having huge confidence in their ability to skip preseason, or if he is that overly-worried about serious injuries in preseason.

Obviously, the exception to that rule is Jordan Reed. Which seems really ironic, because Reed, with all his experience, talent, and the fact that he had one of his most "active" years last year, doesn't seem like someone who needs a lot of preseason reps, compared to others who are skipping out.

• Like 2

Heard Cam left with splint on finger.   Do I smell something.   Smells like Stash.

I think Hask hits these receivers before they're normally ready.   That is how quick Dwayne reads.   Happened to Holtz last week.  Hask got ball out quick.   Holz was open.   Dropped.  Just wasn't ready.

When Dwayne gets chemistry with his receivers they will be lethal.

• Like 2

Hoffman on the Junkies this morning believes Josh Doctson worked his way back on the roster because of Cam Sims lack luster performance.  Also said Steven Sims being only a return guy will probably not make the 53 because of gunners like Robert Davis, etc.  They'll try to stash him on PS.

49 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Hoffman on the Junkies this morning believes Josh Doctson worked his way back on the roster because of Cam Sims lack luster performance.  Also said Steven Sims being only a return guy will probably not make the 53 because of gunners like Robert Davis, etc.  They'll try to stash him on PS.

If the Skins are shopping Doctson, and IF they can get anything for him, I think we may be once again squandering an asset here if they keep him.

But there's no guarantee either of my ifs have actually happened. So I'll leave it as an if/then hypothetical.

But IF my hypothetical were to be true, then man... our asset management issues really have been coming to light more and more.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Cut Cam Sims, keep David Sims Jr.  Keep Davis and Harmon too.

Steve... It's Steve Sims Jr. :D

It's crazy how dude seemingly came out of nowhere. For at least the first week of mini-camp, I thought that was Cam Sims. lol
But after last night, you kind of have to keep him because it looks like he's actually more valuable than Cam Sims now. Crazy how the fourth pre-season game still matters.

13 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Agreed 

Richardson

Sims Jr

Davis

Harmon

Quinn

Mclauin

So a WR corps with literally one guy who's shown that he can play in the NFL. And who also gets hurt almost every year. 

In order for that roster to make sense the Skins would have had to have pulled off something unprecedented and almost simultaneously hit on 1 mid round, 2 low round, and 2 undrafted rookie WRs. 

3 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Idk, I thought of Antonio Brown

seeing Sims last night. He has distinguishing juice.

lol so far I've now seen McLaurin, Harmon, and Sims compared to AB on this message board. Not giving you a hard time, but everyone wants to be the one to find that super duper gem. That's like when people compare late round QBs to Tom Brady because they had a few nice plays in training camp or preseason. The chances are really really slim. Generally, if you get a serviceable WR out of a mid or late round pick you've basically succeeded with that pick. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So a WR corps with literally one guy who's shown that he can play in the NFL. And who also gets hurt almost every year. 

No matter how you shape up our cuts, we're going to be extremely weak in WR NFL experience.

Unless we pick up a cut,  or trade for a veteran.

You wanna keep Brian Quick ? :)

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

That's unfortunate.  Cam didn't flash last night for sure, but...I'd rather have him than Doctson.  At least Cam has some upside.  We know what Doctson is.  I'd rather just see if any of these guys can step up and contribute, I'm not interested in seeing Doctson anymore. 

IMO, this is the most interesting group on the roster by far.  Too bad it's hindered by Doctson and to a lesser extent, Richardson.  I don't think Richardson is anything, either.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

No matter how you shape up our cuts, we're going to be extremely weak in WR NFL experience.

Unless we pick up a cut,  or trade for a veteran.

You wanna keep Brian Quick ? :)

Well, having P Rich and Doctson as the only guys on the squad with real NFL experience is having a weak NFL receiving corps when it comes to experience. 

Cutting Doctson and keeping only P Rich means we would have an almost legendary lack of experience in our group. Especially if (when) Richardson gets hurt again. 

12 hours ago, Newera said:

Heard Cam left with splint on finger.   Do I smell something.   Smells like Stash.

I think Hask hits these receivers before they're normally ready.   That is how quick Dwayne reads.   Happened to Holtz last week.  Hask got ball out quick.   Holz was open.   Dropped.  Just wasn't ready.

When Dwayne gets chemistry with his receivers they will be lethal.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Holtz. He is the guy who I saw pushing Sprinkle for a spot. he looks better in the passing game. I can't speak about the running game because it was nonexistent for the most part this preseason. But the guy I was pushing for to get more reps was Donald Parham who pulled in a beautiful deep ball from Haskins. I think he has the potential to be another Vernon Davis. But the thing is that he's probably too small (6'8 and 230) right now. If he could pull a JHC and bulk up to 250 or 260 that could make him a real threat. I still think he can be a PS candidate. And to me I think Holtz vs Sprinkle is for a roster spot. I don't think either one shold be on the PS.

14 hours ago, Jericho said:

Months of rankings undone by one pre-season game?

One regular season snap (and injured in it) undone by 3 drops in his final game to decide his roster slot? Certainly seems possible.  Maybe 4 drops would convince you, or 5, or? He could be a lock and he can literally do no wrong but then I wonder why he played so much last night.

Regardless, consider how Jay wants the group constructed. Does he want all tall boys? Or does he want a  Tyreek Hill type of players.

Edited by RandyHolt

12 hours ago, Newera said:

For Sims, that would suck so bad...his first 2 years in the league on IR.

Then again, a lot of Redskin careers seem to start that way. You can laugh or cry about that one.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository