Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought one of the reasons Steven Sims made the roster was to return kicks and punts.  He flashed during the last preseason game.  I am not sure how up to date that depth chart is that you saw but I don't believe Quinn is going to start the season on teams, anywhere.

Simms was listed as the kick returner, Quinn the punt returner. It's an up-to-date one, it lists our waiver wire pickups.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Simms was listed as the kick returner, Quinn the punt returner. It's an up-to-date one, it lists our waiver wire pickups.

Given how frequently Quinn is hurt, I wouldn't put him out there on punts. Maybe kickoffs since pretty much every kick is a touchback.

• Like 1

With Doctson gone and the team still cutting Cam Sims and now Robert Davis, I guess the team isn't too high on either guy to expose them to waivers. Doesn't mean they don't have uses or can't develop from the practice squad, but it also suggests they're really not too worried about losing them either. Which isn't super surprising, but maybe a dose of reality on exactly where these players stand with the team.

29 minutes ago, Jericho said:

With Doctson gone and the team still cutting Cam Sims and now Robert Davis, I guess the team isn't too high on either guy to expose them to waivers. Doesn't mean they don't have uses or can't develop from the practice squad, but it also suggests they're really not too worried about losing them either. Which isn't super surprising, but maybe a dose of reality on exactly where these players stand with the team.

I’m pretty surprised Davis got cut, i thought he looked good this preseason and finally getting healthy. 

Doctson was slow. Cam and Davis got size and a little speed. They can get open in pre-season. I know that's not saying much, but was really looking forward to seeing them in action during the regular season. Now, just hope Davis can clear waivers and return to the active roster or PS. 

Don’t question the coaches they know more than we do, blah blah blah. 

With that said, HTF does a cut who flashed in preseason like Davis get cut while Apke survives. 

I won’t lose sleep cutting any of our receivers but Davis is surprising given he was our best wide out during the preseason.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Taylor Jacobs agrees with this take.

As does Marco Mitchell.

Except, those guys were going up against the likes of Santana or whatever we had then no?

Can’t say that about McLaren, Quinn, Harmon or Richardson. On paper that is a laughable crew. Again, on paper. Hopefully on the field they perform.

Edited by dyst

Watch Davis get snatched by Indy.  Another kick in the nuts after learning Reed will officially miss time.

Who is Philly going to pin on our BEST Wr?  TMc of course.  If it is that 5'9 corner I would love to see Jay attack him physically and start looking for a mismatch to give a WR an edge.

It's one thing that in Jay's unpredictability makes himself predictable. He spreads targets around a lot, post Garcon.  Everybody gets 5 targets and in doing to keeps Ds guessing. But holds himself back by not exploiting mismatches and  DICTATING to the D and playing off pending obvious adjustments.  Example throw 3 straight times at TMC on a RCB. Say he sees soft coverage on 2 straight plays. Next play they WILL move up the corner.  Pump fake and go deep. If they double, hit PRich on the post after the free bites the pump.

My bold prediction is that all 5 WRs get exactly 5 targets each.

Edited by RandyHolt

20 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I think Harmon may actually be the most pleasant surprise of all (if he sees the field.)  I see a little clutch hands/Garcon toughness in him.

What a TOTAL STUD Garcon was. Of course kick in the coconuts gets injured on his #88 88 yard TD in what had to be one of our best season opening games of all time.  That dude was tough as nails and pretty ****ing mean.  He would have made a good RB or safety. 

To your thinking Garcon wasn't as much of a deep threat as I thought he would be.  I am heavily wasted swayed by seeing Harmon looking good deep in preseason so...

If TMC and Harmon become our DJax Garcon Lite, I predict Harman will get deep more than Garcon. And TMC will get more tough routes than DJax did or should.   Its a wee bit premature but we can wish. Man oh man we suck ass developing WRs so finally throwing picks at the problems and actually letting them learn HAS to be better than what we have done previously.  

Edited by RandyHolt

9 hours ago, nuposse87 said:

Davis actually has some promising potential...yet we cut him. Not sure what a guy like Quinn has done to remain on the roster. Outside of being one of Gruden's favs apparently. 

That and being the only receiver besides Paul Richardson to take any NFL snaps whatsoever.

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Not really.  Two of the receivers that fans thought would make this team a week ago aren't on the roster.  Reed is hurt again, no surprise there, and not only does holding a roster spot for him effect him and impacts others as well.  Ask Robert Davis.  Reed is not the beast a lot of people portray him to be. Heck if you look at his career, he has played in 67% of the games.  That's right, in 1 out of 3 games on average he was on the sidelines.