Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

Terry Mclaurin is on a 4 year deal at less than 4mil in total. Would be odd having a 15-20mil per season receiver across from him with less or similar production.

I know we went for Cooper, but I bet Rivera has been shocked at the quality of Terry this season.

• Like 1

These next 4 games or more are big for Steve Sims Jr, Isaiah Wright and Cam. They have opportunities to cement their status for next year if they can make an impact. I am pulling hard for them and I believe in each of them. I especially think Steve Sims can be a difference maker if he can improve his focus and hang on to the damn ball. These guys should torch SF's secondary this Sunday if Alex has time. Buffalo lit them up. AGG returns this week too from what I read. 

If these kids can produce and show they belong it's more money and picks we can invest in other positions....

• Like 2

We have an excellent WR1 and an excellent TE2 that may be our TE1 in the future and and potentially a very good RB1. That is it. The rest is a bunch of hopefuls. That's not good enough any more.

I assume we will be running a bunch of 2wr 2 TE 1 RB sets, if not 2 RB, 2 TE, 1 WR sets with Turners style of play calling.

At WR we need to address that aggressively. They tried last year, so I assume they know that. I'm guessing one of our 3rds or a 4rth will be a pick. That seems like a trend.

I would be aggressive addressing TE also. Very. I think Moss and Thomas give us something to build on, but I'd wager that 3-4 round range will be a TE also and possibly a FA target. Hunter.

I'm assuming we start the season with McKissic and Gibson as locks, but Barber while doing what we are asking, is an easy upgrade.

• Like 1

Trying to temper my optimism a bit with Cam.

Because I remember having similar feelings about a similar one-handed catch, made by another young player (or two)...

But he soon faded.

I believe Cam is different. Just trying not to get my hopes up too high.

And then there was this guy, too

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Wow, Maurice Harris.....what ever happened to him? 

as for cam sims, i feel like he’s made a lot more game changing plays, and more good plays in general, than Maurice Harris did. Cam is starting to be more consistent than Harris. At least to me 

EDIT: he signed a reserve/futures contract with the saints back in January, and saints released him in August 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

I'm still not sold on Cam just yet. Not seeing any kind of development in the areas that matter for him.

Even in the last game:

-The vast majority of his receptions were made bringing the ball into his body, instead of attacking it with his hands

-Made little to no separation in man coverage

-Had another dropped pass

-The team still does not design routes to take advantage of his size like we do w/ Thomas (I suspect due to his reluctance to use his hands)

He is a big guy, so he has been good at breaking tackles for a while, but until he can improve 1 or 2 of these other issues, he is a poor #2 and a shaky #3. He's just the best we have right now.

Maybe AGG can bring something more later on.

If there is any confidence that Wright could succeed in beating man D, I would love to see more snaps come his way. He would not break the tackles Cam would, but he would be more likely to present a target that Alex is more willing to throw too. 

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

I am happy Cam has contributed but I think his hands are always going to be a problem.  Looking at the Pittsburgh game, even the catches he did make looked awkward and he never seems to catch the ball smoothly.  He is not a rookie either.  If he hasn't learned these skills yet, its hard to imagine its going to click anytime soon. 

Gandy Golden looks to have really great hands and I can't wait to see what he can do.

16 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

I am happy Cam has contributed but I think his hands are always going to be a problem.  Looking at the Pittsburgh game, even the catches he did make looked awkward and he never seems to catch the ball smoothly.  He is not a rookie either.  If he hasn't learned these skills yet, its hard to imagine its going to click anytime soon. 

Gandy Golden looks to have really great hands and I can't wait to see what he can do.

Cams hands are not my issues Steve Sims hands on the other hand bother me. He doesn't have trouble fielding punts and yet he seems tto have trouble with his limited targets. Last year he led the team in drops with 4 on 56 targets. He is tied for 1st with two drops this season.

From college tape I thought an undervalued physical trait was his initial burst or short area quickness in relation to his size. The team lacks this at WR spot number 2. A big ask in year 1 but hope he can be a guy that can use his size for slants and outs to compliment his jump all ability. 

• Like 1

Conversations at an NFL camp between coaches and assistants

"Hey Coach, we got this QB named Thomas. Doesn't quite have an NFL arm, but boy, can he run and then dish out big hits to defenders, as well !"

"Can he catch the ball"

"Lemme see........Yep, he can catch a ball"

"Stick him at Tight End"

The rest is history.