Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

22 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

I'd always prefer homegrown talent, but if we wanted to bring in a veteran...what are people's thoughts on Corey Davis as a #2? This would be predicated on a reasonable deal, of course.

I was thinking the same thing. He won't break the bank, but he really seems to be beginning to turn the corner and blossoming. Big Physical guy and would be a great compliment to Terry. 

I'd be surprised if Corey Davis comes cheap. He'll probably command a decent amount of cash.

The Jags have young WRs with contracts up. I'd take a look at Dede Westbrook/Keelan Cole. (Conley is a FA too) One of those guys have to be the odd man out of that offense due to volume. 

18 minutes ago, Mooka said:

He'll probably command a decent amount of cash.

We have plenty of that.

I mean, if THIS guy was the one to buy the Washington Team, and not the Dallas team, I'd be concerned about the lack of funds for a guy like Davis.

But his plan is to buy the Dallas team, with his jar of coin change.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, xxprodigyxx said:

I'd always prefer homegrown talent, but if we wanted to bring in a veteran...what are people's thoughts on Corey Davis as a #2? This would be predicated on a reasonable deal, of course.

I mentioned that a while ago when everyone was clamoring for the big named receivers. I think him, Terry and Harmon could be a solid three group.

With Alex distributing the ball to a lot of different receivers, I think it has let a lot of different guys show they are better than we thought they were.  Of course, we're in a nothing left to lose kind of situation and it remains to be seen if they can be counted on when it matters.  In any case though, I've been really pleased with them lately.  It bothers me some though that McKissic had so many targets earlier and since then it has tailed off considerably.  I understand all the questions from us about it but last thing I want is for the FO, coaches, etc. to be thinking about those stats.  Since he had a zillion targets in one game it has seemed to be reduced considerably that that makes me wonder why.  Maybe that one game was an outlier but still makes me wonder.

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm dreamin. It's late night and about that time to dream

At this point it’s almost impossible to put together a wish list of receivers since we have no idea who the QB is gonna be. It sucks especially for FA next year because we probably won’t make a receiver splash without knowing.

• Like 1

I must say Cam Sims really showed me something tonight.  I haven't seen him play that much (I've missed a bunch of games this year), and man he is much faster and agile than I thought.  Big and strong, great hands.  He's 6'5 and only 24 years old.  Hopefully can contribute for years to come and become that solid #2 WR that we need.  I'd still like to add a WR in the offseason either via free agency or the draft.

• Like 3

Sims with the catch and run to get out of bounds and get us points to end the half really changed the tenor of the game and set the stage for the comeback in my opinion. Really impressed with how he has been playing. Helping to take pressure off of Terry. 

• Like 4

McLaurin is a gem, but what the Pittsburgh game really showed is we need more consistency out of the rest of the WRs.  You don't need 3 elite players at the position, but you need consistency.  Pittsburgh basically doubled McLaurin on every single play and dared any other WR to step up.  Luckily Cam Sims did, but going forward at least for this season I won't be surprised to see the rest of the opponents do the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Did he, though?

Based on their most recent performance, and coming off the 2019 season, yes.

Sims was coming off a great rookie season, considering he was undrafted and the low expectations that he far exceeded. Both as a receiver and returner.

34 receptions, 4 receiving TD's, 1 kick return TD, and I believe another TD was called back. Meanwhile Cam Sims had 2 catches last year, and zero the year before, and that's it.

Steven was penciled in as the slot receiver and kick/punt returner for 2020, with high expectations based on his previous performance, while at that time, Sims was a borderline player, barely hanging onto a receiver-thin roster, with 2 disappointing seasons to start his career.

Before the season, there was no indication that Cam would break out and exceed Steven Jr.

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Based on their most recent performance, and coming off the 2019 season, yes.

Sims was coming off a great rookie season, considering he was undrafted and the low expectations that he far exceeded. Both as a receiver and returner.

34 receptions, 4 receiving TD's, 1 kick return TD, and I believe another TD was called back. Meanwhile Cam Sims had 2 catches last year, and zero the year before, and that's it.

Steven was penciled in as the slot receiver and kick/punt returner for 2020, with high expectations based on his previous performance, while at that time, Sims was a borderline player, barely hanging onto a receiver-thin roster, with 2 disappointing seasons to start his career.

Before the season, there was no indication that Cam would break out and exceed Steven Jr.

Steven drops half the passes thrown to him.