Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I will quit this team If they being in Bradford.  The guy just got cut for running his 3rd team

into the ground.  Hard pass.

Agreed. Bradford is straight up trash.

We need to bring in someone with a modicum of mobility. The OL is broken and we need someone who can escape pressure.

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Is there anybody who might know who is available for us to sign as a backup or maybe a link to available free agents?

I'm not looking for any more jokes I genuinely want to know who we might be able to bring in as a backup

100% serious suggestion: Tony Romo.  Let's get him that ring.

\

Very sad for Alex Smith. Hard to imagine him coming back from this at his age. I'm guessing the Redskins will come to an injury settlement with him in the offseason.

If the season were lost, I imagine the Redskins would sign some greenhorn to be the backup to McCoy. However, they need someone who can come into a game and actually win it, if needed. Not too many good options, unfortunately. 

Who was the guy the Redskins traded that late-round pick for this offseason and then cut? At least he would have some familiarity with the playbook.

My son had the exact injury that Alex Smith did, same two placement of broken bones, fibula, tibia.  He went into surgery the next morning after it happened.  It wasn't complex surgery but the doctor told me my son is lucky that he's so young because that same injury for an adult takes a long time to recover from.

My son's about 8 months removed from the surgery and he's still not running, it took him about 4-5 months before he was walking normally.  So sadly this isn't an easy surgery to bounce back from fast.  Wish the dude the best -- and sadly I have an idea of how this type of injury works, the physical therapy, whole 9 yards. 

If I recall Thompson's injury was just the fibula.  This one is worse than that because its both that and the tibia.  So the front the tibia (which is basically the shin) and back of the leg (the bone in back of the shin) in layman's terms. 

13 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Seriously, that is a real ****ty thing to say.  I have not seen anyone happy that Alex got hurt, and as one of Alex's biggest critics, I can say I am not happy to see him injured. 

I didn't see the game...did he get crushed holding onto the ball waiting for a deep route to develop? You don't think Gruden and Alex read this crud. You can't tell me the publicity didn't pressure them to take risks...I had a gut feeling listening to Gruden's talks that he would push Alex too far with a more than suspect OL against the Texans....just my intuition. People wanted Alex gone or better yet..NEVER here. Sorry Alex...you picked the wrong town

Just now, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I didn't see the game...did he get crushed holding onto the ball waiting for a deep route to develop? You don't think Gruden and Alex read this crud. You can't tell me the publicity didn't pressure them to take risks...I had a gut feeling listening to Gruden's talks that he would push Alex too far with a more than suspect OL against the Texans....just my intuition. People wanted Alex gone or better yet..NEVER here. Sorry Alex...you picked the wrong town

No.  It was immediate pressure, free blitzed and he went down awkwardly.

Remarkably similar to Joe T.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My son's about 8 months removed from the surgery and he's still not running, it took him about 4-5 months before he was walking normally.  So sadly this isn't an easy surgery to bounce back from fast.  Wish the dude the best -- and sadly I have an idea of how this type of injury works, the physical therapy, whole 9 yards. 

Given Smith’s age and game style, it honestly could be career ending.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My son had the exact injury that Alex Smith did, same two placement of broken bones, fibula, tibia.  He went into surgery the next morning after it happened.  It wasn't complex surgery but the doctor told me my son is lucky that he's so young because that same injury for an adult takes a long time to recover from.

I had the same injury when I was 22, rehabbing was a huge pain.  I still have a 7 inch steel plate in that leg at the ankle and they left in 2 of the 5 screws.

This thread is going to turn into the "How do we recoup some cap space" pretty soon, I don't see him coming back from that injury, especially since it was late in the season.

Archived