Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Case in point lol. You dropping logic on these fools is one of the best parts of this. These inferior posters with their inferior (but equally useless) opinions. How dare they!

This is a funny stance coming from someone that approaches political threads in the tailgate the same way only more passive as to not come off holier than thou.  I'm not even saying I disagree with you on much of it.  Just saying you should know that sometimes people are devoid of logic and delusional in the way they see things due to their allegiance to their party or team.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've actually turned the suffering in on myself.  Like an ascetic Christian monk.  Being a permanent loser is the Sports Gods' will for us.  We have to embrace our losing as the righteous punishment for some distant sin and believe it to be a test of faith in our reward in the hereafter.

I think someone has picked up my torch. I can leave Extremeskins in capable hands now.

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

If you tag Cousins and he signs, you are locked into that if he doesn't get traded. And the cap hit is immediate.

In other words, it's impossible to tag him now as I'm not sure the cap space even exists.

Only way a tag make sense (again if its even possibly) is if there is a team working with us and Kirk (yeah I know it requires everyone act like grown ups which is asking a lot of our FO).  

IF a team like Denver wants Kirk and Kirk wants a team like Denver it would make some sense for them to not risk a team like the Jets waving a boat load of money in front of Kirk.  For Kirk, he wants to be wanted and its "not about money" right?

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Comparing this to McNabb is low hanging fruit at this point.  McNabb's work ethic was awful, he showed up to camp bloated and unmotivated.  Andy Reid being willing to trade within the division should have set off red flags.

Alex Smith has cons to his games, but he isn't McNabb 2.0.

He might be Brunell 2.0 but that's not going to help us in the long run any.

Oh the same people traded for McNabb is still here so forgive me for being pessimistic.

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

It's funny how a I careless about kirk, but fuller. Man this trade has dan written all over it.

Just like when we traded for Portis. Not only did we trade the best CB in the league, but we also traded a pick. Should've been player for player. 

We traded Bailey because he wasn't going to sign a long term deal.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

^

Look at this. Look at what Dan Snyder has done to this poor guy :(

This could be you, or someone you love

Steve is captain of his own ship...and he sails that vessel through boiling oceans to craggy, foreboding shores.

Meanwhile, I’m in the pool with a mojito riding an inflatable Pegasus raft.

#sunshine

5 minutes ago, Unbias said:

We can debate if Smith will succeed, if a 3rd was good value or if Fuller was in the long term plans. 

The weirdest thing is the timing. Why now? I've only been able to think of a few reasons: 

Last night they said 6 teams were pursuing him and Cleveland was making a strong push to get a deal in place so that created a huge sense of urgency.

It is truly hilarious to see people try to find the silver lining and justify trading for Smith until we found out that Fuller was part of the deal, then there was no stopping the hate train. You can pinpoint the exact moment when our collective minds snap.

The Redskins won't see a dime from me until Dan Snyder no longer owns the team. I don't care if that's by sale or death.

And **** his little dog, Brucie, too.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is a funny stance coming from someone that approaches political threads in the tailgate the same way only more passive as to not come off holier than thou.  I'm not even saying I disagree with you on much of it.  Just saying you should know that sometimes people are devoid of logic and delusional in the way they see things due to their allegiance to their party or team.

Oh so you trying ta get one of these judo chops too huh??

But seriously we are very much the same person which is why I always want to argue with you hahaha

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Last night they said 6 teams were pursuing him and Cleveland was making a strong push to get a deal in place so that created a huge sense of urgency.

Who said this? Was this a Scheftner report or was it something KC said to create urgency? 

Let's assume that's true. Then we are left with one question - Is Alex Smith someone you want to get in a bidding war over?

So pull a Norman move. Tag Kirk...get offers..wait until the draft...if no GOOD offers..withdraw the tag and let him go. At least make a play. Kirk playing hard to get = Skins playing for keeps to. Doesn't cost us to do that..potential gain of picks and Kirk has to wait until AFTER teams have drafted

Anyway..I for one am GLAD this BS is OVER

The more time goes by, the more upset I am about the Fuller piece of this. I mean seriously. Dude was rated the #1 slot corner in the entire league, and on a cheap rookie contract nonetheless. You want to let KC go and roll with Alex Smith? Fine. I don't like it, but can stomach it and see what happens. But trading Fuller AND a 3rd rd pick just doesn't make any sense. It really feels like we're back to the days of the McNugget and Haynesworthless deals.

17 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Because this deal isn't "official" until March 14th when the NFL's new year begins. Which means, in a technical sense, it hasn't happened yet.

They really can't talk about something that officially hasn't happened.

We may have to wait for their reaction.

I get that part but everything else is crazy. 

If the redskins can't comment how are so many details of the deal known. 

Like full compensation and the extension for smith. 

How is this possible without a word from the office. 

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

Who said this? Was this a Scheftner report or was it something KC said to create urgency? 

Let's assume that's true. Then we are left with one question - Is Alex Smith someone you want to get in a bidding war over?

It was either shefter or rapport. I saw it as well

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

This move is very Grunfeld-like.  Screw it up on the front end and then take credit for salvaging something from it.  

Dont forget screwing up while fixing it. Very important piece to keeping the **** flowing in this town. 

2 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

So pull a Norman move. Tag Kirk...get offers..wait until the draft...if no GOOD offers..withdraw the tag and let him go. At least make a play. Kirk playing hard to get = Skins playing for keeps to. Doesn't cost us to do that..potential gain of picks and Kirk has to wait until AFTER teams have drafted

In your scenario you have to hope Kirk doesn't sign the tag. 

You just gotta remember this is the team that when wanting to move up 1 pick to get Orakpo called Denver and offered a pick to move up.  Denver told them to chill they weren't taking him.  To this day I don't know why they didn't take that pick.  Must just feel so sorry for us, it would be like bilking a handicapped kid.  Way to often we bid against ourselves.

6 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Can we do that ? That is rather savvy and that isn't really our M.O 

1 minute ago, SprintBomb said:

In your scenario you have to hope Kirk doesn't sign the tag. 

Tag = 28 Mil...I am SURE we could still get interest in a Trade at THAT $$. Kirk is expecting 30 Mil...We just work with interested teams on matching an offer and HOPE to get some picks. Even if he signs the tag...we can still deal

7 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Anyway..I for one am GLAD this BS is OVER

The problem with that is if Kirk signs (which he would), then you can't pull it from him. 

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Steve is captain of his own ship...and he sails that vessel through boiling oceans to craggy, foreboding shores.

Meanwhile, I’m in the pool with a mojito riding an inflatable Pegasus raft.

#sunshine

That's what the nurses and orderlies have you thinking.  You're in the institution with the rest of us, they're just giving you stronger meds.

Archived