Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I don't know about the NFL, but most teams have rules about the time frame between trades on one player.

Conceivably, if you have the cap space, you could do something like that. But you have to be willing to live with Cousins on the roster next year if nothing happened.

Or work a trade like the Pats did with Garoppolo ..they did that in the last part of the season. No WAY Kirk would want to sit as a backup in 2018. His Market would DROP in 2019

Chiefs fan, here.  Just a heads up for you guys.  There will be some new people probably joining here that claim to be ex-chiefs fans joining here to follow Alex Smith.  They followed Smith to the Chiefs from the 9ers.  They are miserable humans and they will make you guys miserable too.  It will be an Alex Smith ball washing extravaganza in here.  They never relent or go away.  The chiefs boards can't wait to be rid of them, maybe even  more so than Alice.  I hope you guys like checkdowns and dissapointment.  

3 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Alex Smith allows you to keep the team competitive and not lose the locker room due to lack of confidence in the QB. 

The guys some are suggesting as the guys theyd rather have instead of Smith are laughable. Bradford, Keenum, Colt, Bridgewater. All those guys would force you to play the rookie you were planning on grooming and bringing along slowly like we've seen happen way too often.

Alex Smith is in the EXACT same Tier as Cousins. Oh Smith has never done much in the playoffs? News flash neither has Cousins, and those 3rd tier "stop gap" names you're suggesting certainly haven't either.

What he does provide is stability and an end to the Circus that constantly surrounded Cousin's contract saga. He easily has 2 or 3 years of good QB play left in him and if anyone thinks Kirk would have signed for what Smith did you're on drugs.

Sure it sucks we lost Fuller, you have to pay to get a pro bowl caliber QB, regardless of age. 

Finally, a voice of reason. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, MahomesII said:

Chiefs fan, here.  Just a heads up for you guys.  There will be some new people probably joining here that claim to be ex-chiefs fans joining here to follow Alex Smith.  They followed Smith to the Chiefs from the 9ers.  They are miserable humans and they will make you guys miserable too.  It will be an Alex Smith ball washing extravaganza in here.  They never relent or go away.  The chiefs boards can't wait to be rid of them, maybe even  more so than Alice.  I hope you guys like checkdowns and dissapointment.  

Most of the people here are miserable already, rightfully so. The rest are blind homers. They will fit right in. 

2 minutes ago, MahomesII said:

We can handle it.

We've got Bruce Allen !  no one, and I mean no one is worse than him...

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Another Redskins head scratcher.  We should be used to them by now.  We are who we are.

Beef up the defense and let's roll.  We can win games with Smith.  Kirk was never gonna sign here and who can blame him.  

I'm gonna go have a drink.  

Kirk was definitely never going to sign here. I feel bad to those whom this part of the trade comes as a shock. The loss of Fuller and a high pick, though... that's a tough pill to swallow. That's not a good start to "beefing up the defense." Good young cornerbacks don't grow on trees. They sidestepped for an older Cousins and made the defense worse. I can see how that equals more wins next season. :kickcan:

1 minute ago, bradboyd80 said:

So if we tagged KC, and he signs, would a new team in a hypothetical trade be able to restructure? Or would he have to play on the tag?

This entire scenario is so stupid. But I'm stupid so I'll play.

Ok. If in Neverneverland, the Skins tender Kirk, he would immediately sign. The tag amount would immediately hit the cap. And he would be the Redskins "property" for year. If nothing else happens, he gets the tendered offer and the money is on the cap. The Skins would have no more cap space in that world.

Now, the Skins could trade his rights to another team. If that trade happened, the team would owe him the tendered offer and control him for one year. No team would do that, because teams aren't run by morons like Zoony.

Conceivably, the new team could offer a deal to Kirk and he agrees and the deal goes through for some compensation. Why the Skins would want to take risk and why Kirk would want the Skins choosing his destination is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, MahomesII said:

We’ve been a disappointment since 1992. Nothing new.

And we had the original Captain Checkdown with Jason Campbell. Again, nothing new.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't know - unless you think he won't be productive at the end of this run (at 39 in a league where late-30s isn't unusual for a QB at all), I don't think it's a problem. Five years is an eternity for a team...

Smith will be serviceable. He will be competent. He's not winning us a Super Bowl. The 49ers and the Chiefs didn't think he was valuable enough and they went w/ other players that were drafted. 

This is the typical way the Redskins do things. Give up on their own guys to bring in rejects from other teams. 

4 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Or work a trade like the Pats did with Garoppolo ..they did that in the last part of the season. No WAY Kirk would want to sit as a backup in 2018. His Market would DROP in 2019

Garoppolo was under contract.

If Kirk signed a tender, it's a one year deal. If you traded him midseason, the team that traded for him would control him for six or seven games. And then he's a free agent.

None of you know what you are talking about. Just saying.

1 minute ago, pjfootballer said:

And we had the original Captain Checkdown with Jadon Campbell. Again, nothing new.

We've been dissapointed since the 70's.  Mahomes is the first QB drafted by the chiefs to win a game since Todd Blackledge.  

1 minute ago, pjfootballer said:

And we had the original Captain Checkdown with Jason Campbell. Again, nothing new.

And his predecessor, Admiral Checkdown with Mark Brunell. I feel sick having those two names in a post of mine. I thought those dark days were long gone. Throw in Colt Brennan, too.

But yes, we're used to people who value players over the team on this forum. Even garbage players.

1 minute ago, Reaper Skins said:

Hey now, show the man some respect and spell his name right.  Its Jaden CANDLE

It's actually Simple Jason.

1 minute ago, Hunter_R said:

And his predecessor, Admiral Checkdown with Mark Brunell. I feel sick having those two names in a post of mine. I thought those dark days were long gone. Throw in Colt Brennan, too.

But yes, we're used to people who value players over the team on this forum. Even garbage players.

But theses guys will drag down every conversation in the place with talk about Smith.  These people will turn EVERY single conversation in the place into an excuse for Smith.  Not an exageration.  

4 minutes ago, MahomesII said:

But theses guys will drag down every conversation in the place with talk about Smith.  These people will turn EVERY single conversation in the place into an excuse for Smith.  Not an exageration.  

Good thing we have mods on this site ;) there’s a thing called BAN, so if they get annoying they’ll be gone :) 

7 minutes ago, MahomesII said:

If they were still accessible, I would show you the absolutely gigantic threads on Jason Campbell. He got new forum rules created because he was so divisive (and we were right about him, sorry Campbell Defense Force). We're ready for the Smith Squad.

You could actually search for the RG3 threads. Also bloodbaths.

17 minutes ago, MahomesII said:

Lulz.  “MahomesII”...I love it.

Whats it like to have Andy Reid as your coach?  That must be excruciating.

Archived