Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

36 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

You can't say you're going for the NL East title then not bring in any immediate help. the rhetoric doesn't match the actions

This is what I'm baffled by. If you're mediocre and not playing well enough to make a run, staying pat isn't going to do anything to improve your chances. This team is a mess this year and we did absolutely nothing to improve it in the short or long term. 

I wouldn't mortgage any part of the future to try and save this team.  I'm also fine with not selling a whole bunch **** off because they aren't going to get much for players on expiring contracts and next year they have a solid core and a ton of payroll to reallocate so there is no reason to burn it down.  They can challenge for the division this year if things change in a hurry, meaning Harper turns it on, Murphy continues to hit like he's healthy, Soto doesn't hit a wall, Stras comes back and has a second half like he did last year and Gio and Roark stop sucking miserably.  A lot of ifs, but they are all revert-to-the-mean stuff.  Then they need ATL and Philly to falter just a little bit, which isn't out of the question.  

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

should be #DoSomethingLerners

Rizzo is so clearly handcuffed here

you can't say you're going for the NL East title then not bring in any immediate help. the rhetoric doesn't match the actions

It does, not far enough back to sell free agents, nor close enough to go for rentals.

40 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i've become numb to the single game outbursts

tonight feels good, but I want a string of W's before i get sucked back in

I've been talking a lot on not giving up today so feels good seeing this, but your absolutely right.  I want to see more 6-4 last 10 instead of 4-6 last 10.  This is going to happen.

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

Showed up to one game this season. 

Yall owe me. 

Season tickets. You owe us.

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So my Dad and I go to a game every year for his birthday. We were at Max's 20 K game. Last night, we were in the Diamond Club for his 70th. We should go more often...

Season tickets. Do it.

Archived