Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

300 million in the bank.  A franchise that is good and stable and likes him.  If Bryce was smart, he'd stay.  No other franchise is going to treat him with the kid gloves and tolerate his injury issues and inconsistency like us.  Or celebrate his heroics.  He'll be a monstrously expensive mercenary to anyone else.

13 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I dont think Bryce minds playing the role of expensive merc

I think the opposite. His heroes from Baseball history all played their entire careers for one team. 

Boras doesn't mind playing the role of expensive merc. I think Harper might be conflicted about jumping from team to team if nobody is going to give me a contract that will last a decade now.

He’s gone guys. The Lerners, Bryce,

Boras, his teammates, etc have known that for years. “Just enjoy him while he’s here.” 

They did a nice job of talking a good game and pretending they wanted to get an extension done. But it was mostly just for show. 

He’s gone, and the Nats will be fine. Maybe better off with the additional flexibility they have to improve other positions. He’s gone, and I’m ok with it. 

6 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

He’s gone guys. The Lerners, Bryce,

Boras, his teammates, etc have known that for years. “Just enjoy him while he’s here.” 

They did a nice job of talking a good game and pretending they wanted to get an extension done. But it was mostly just for show. 

He’s gone, and the Nats will be fine. Maybe better off with the additional flexibility they have to improve other positions. He’s gone, and I’m ok with it. 

This is how I feel.

Well, i do think Harper would have liked to stay here his entire career, but we're just not in the same operating budget as teams like the Dodgers.

We're still an all around well run franchise that has pieces in place to make more runs. I don't think losing Harper is a death knell at all and acquiring him guarantees nothing. I mean last I checked, we aren't exactly swimming in pennants.

Archived