Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

I'm kinda nervous about Corbin. But the reaction to that signing was fantastic from Phillies and Yankee fans:

Phillies and Yankees fans before signing: We will get Corbin. We will get Corbin. Top FA! We will have a great rotation! Blah Blah Blah!

After: Pfft. Overrated. One good year!

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

sooo.... Cano and Ramos are going to make you a 90+ win team?  In THIS division? lol. 

They lost 85 games last year, with an epic season from deGrom, players like Jeff McNeil and Brandon Nimmo playing way above their heads (they had .350 and .360 BABIPs, respectively). Cabrera had a very good season at the plate, something Cano will have a difficult time surpassing. He's also 36 and will start to decline. Wheeler took a step forward, but Syndergaard continues to be the most overrated pitcher in the game. Matz makes Strasburg look like an iron-man. They're going with Ramos and d'Arnaud behind the plate--both are highly injury prone, Wilson has declined, defensively, and d'Arnaud sucks something awful. They're trading Plawecki, who they should probably keep. He's healthier and MUCH better defensively than d'Arnuad.

But yeah, that'll totally transform an 85-loss team into a 90+ winner. Just like the 2015 Padres and Giants last year.

Id like another lefty option in the rotation, even if hes a development and a 2nd half of the season call up.  Stras will likely miss some time at some point so maybe limit Ross and keep him down til June?

I like the rotation, but its not young....  Were clearly making a push for the next 2 seasons... 

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

Sanchez makes the same money as Tanner but we got that fireball reliever from the Reds.  hes gonna be good

We also have control over Sanchez for 3 seasons if you include the club option... Tanner is going into his last year of control.   A decent season and he'll likely want more than the $9.5 w/ incentives were paying Sanchez.  

I've seen Anibal Sanchez when he's on and his stuff can be filthy, but it doesn't happen that often.  Putting aside financial considerations, I'm not sure this is really an improvement over what we already had, but hopefully he'll recapture 2013, or whatever year it was where he put it all together.

13 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I've seen Anibal Sanchez when he's on and his stuff can be filthy, but it doesn't happen that often.  Putting aside financial considerations, I'm not sure this is really an improvement over what we already had, but hopefully he'll recapture 2013, or whatever year it was where he put it all together.

I’m not as high on the signing as others here either, but it did make good business sense for the Nats. Roark was in the last year of his deal and had been declining. Team now controls Sanchez for three years and hopefully will get at least equivalent performance from him this year (for less money). 

Basically the Roark to Sanchez swap, to me, considering ONLY 2019 expectations: meh. But like I said, it does make sense. 

I think we still need another rotation arm.

35 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Looks like Harper will be going to LA.  they dumped Puig, Kemp and Alex Wood to the Reds for Homer Bailey.   There was a stat that Sanchez has had his best years along side Max 

Saw a dodgers beat reporter indicate earlier this week that he heard an internal rumor that they had tentatively agreed to terms with Harper, but they needed to move some internal pieces before they could actually go through with it. This trade absolutely supports that notion.

Archived