Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

keep going back to an article i read after the Herrera trade about how he doesn't get as many strikeouts as his stuff suggests he should and it has shown since he put on the uniform

good play from Difo to end it, no way Murphy would have made that play in his present condition. that switch worked for the manager. I've killed him many time, I must give him credit when he gets one right

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

good play from Difo to end it, no way Murphy would have made that play in his present condition.

First thing I said too.

Good series of plays by Difo there late. Insurance sac fly + unassisted double play.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think it was the right move for you guys...one of two "right" moves in my mind. 

I could have bought into the case to sell completely and I can buy into standing pat (I think if the Phillies and Braves hadn't cooled off over the past two weeks there would have been a massive firesale). 

The one thing I'm glad wasn't considered was buying. I don't think you guys are in a position to throw prospects away in a season like this. To me, the team as currently constructed is just as likely to get hot and catch the Phillies as a team with 2 additional vets added at the deadline. 

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Most of the people complaining just want the shiny new object.

Benefit of the doubt that this is a football message board and I constantly see people trapped in that 16 game mentality.  Out of 162 games, most of the games that matter dont happen until August.  Remember when we were asking if Mets were for real? Anyone ask that last night?

3 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I'd argue that after last night, winning today was a higher pressure situation.

Things are a longshot now.....but at least it seems like they are pushing harder the past few days and Bryce is warming up a little. 

It's a setup to get hot at the right time versus skating through our division like it doesn't matter like I seen us do before.

The Reds and Cards are both around or well below .500, so I want to think we can take those series. At this point in the season, we have to win that Atlanta series outright or at least split. The Cubs series is the most challenging and expendable one, but we can't really afford to tread water at all right now. The time to mess around is over, which is what Rizzo tried to convey.

Is it just me or is there more fire in this team since Kintzler and Kelleys removal from the roster?

7 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

this team is slowly heating up!

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Uh oh...I'm starting to believe again

Me too...in this team AND the Redskins. We are completely ****ed.

If we take 3 off the Braves, I'll be all in. The Mets and Reds are pretty awful. In fact, we started off this trainwreck of a season by demolishing the Reds over and over.

Buuuuuut...I am open to having my heart broken again. That is progress.

Archived