Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

He hasn’t been right since he came over. I’m not sure he ever looked good with the Nats. Nats should sue for their prospects back. Worth it to find out if the Royals knew something was up with him physically. 

His velocity and stuff has been there, it just doesn't result in strikeouts like one would think. His k/9 rate has dropped the last couple of years. He's hittable despite the electric arm

I'm usually not one for analyzing body language, but he pitches like he's nervous as ****. Its like he's waiting for **** to go left

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm not giving up on the season in early August, but we really needed that one with Scherzer on the mound. 

That was just unfortunate. Wieters ripped that ball. We have to take one of the remaining two. Get Stras back, get Doolittle back. Call up Austin Williams and The Killer.

I got to see The Killer record a save in person over the Dodgers last season shortly before injuries started piling up for him. It was that game where Puig got pissy after being struck out and charged the mound. Koda must look like Goliath standing up there. lol

Braves weren’t allowed to play on Monday bc they would go under the number of days off in the yearly schedule.  They are losing other day due to other rainouts and this was the only solution is to have a double header yesterday.  It’s part of the players association agreement 

12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

If we split this 4 game set, that's a win. Especially when we're starting 2 AAAA pitchers and Gio.

It's close to a push, I'll grant you that. But you will have gone another half-week without gaining any ground on one team you're chasing and possibly losing ground on another. Whenever you're the team chasing, holding serve is not a win. The timeline has shrunk (even slightly) and you won't have made a dent in the deficit. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's close to a push, I'll grant you that. But you will have gone another half-week without gaining any ground on one team you're chasing and possibly losing ground on another. Whenever you're the team chasing, holding serve is not a win. The timeline has shrunk (even slightly) and you won't have made a dent in the deficit. 

When you're starting those three, keep it close until Stras and Doolittle get back. 4.5 is not insurmountable in a month. We play the Phillies a bunch more too.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

When you're starting those three, keep it close until Stras and Doolittle get back. 4.5 is not insurmountable in a month. We play the Phillies a bunch more too.

I'm not claiming a split ends the season, but you can't view it as a win was my only point. It's a very, very slight loss because you've gained no grown and moved slightly further down the timeline. 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm not claiming a split ends the season, but you can't view it as a win was my only point. It's a very, very slight loss because you've gained no grown and moved slightly further down the timeline. 

Its realistic. We have 9 games against the Phillies. Those are most wins. The Braves have a brutal, brutal schedule, worse than ours. Just dont lose ground when you're starting 7th and 8th starters.

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Oh duh, I should have realized that. I agree with you...

My thought is keep the Braves close right now, beat Philly, while the Braves have to play all but about 2 series against winning teams. Trailing 2 teams is difficult. 

I think wins against the Braves are valuable for being wins, but not more valuable for being wins against the Braves.  As noted, the Braves schedule is brutal.  The Nats are fine wrt the Braves, but they need wins against anyone to catch the Phils.  Gotta find a way to win one or both of these next 2.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

My thought is keep the Braves close right now, beat Philly, while the Braves have to play all but about 2 series against winning teams. Trailing 2 teams is difficult. 

Yep. Meanwhile we also really need the Phillies to start losing. They have a cupcake schedule remaining. :-/ 

Archived