Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: In survey, Redskins ask fans for their level of confidence in team’s executives

Boss_Hogg

Fan Confidence Survey (Scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being “Not at all satisfied” and 10 being “Extremely satisfied”)  

278 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the direction the team is heading in (i.e. your long-term outlook, 2-3 years)?

2. 2. Confidence in team executives

3. 3. The team’s overall vision/strategy

4. 4. Team performance in 2017

5. 5. How would you rate the communication from the team

6. 6. How would you rate the direction the team is headed

7. 7. Sense that you are valued by the organization

8. 8. Customer service

On 12/22/2017 at 7:35 PM, bobandweave said:

Team offense direction is about as bad as I can remember in my 40+ years of being a fan.

QB situation trash. Who is the QB next year? Who knows?

WR situation trash. Who is the starting receivers next year? Who knows?

TE situation trash. Counting on a guy who can’t stay healthy and a 34 year old is awful

RB situation not good. Perine was meh. Best RB hurt. No interesting backups

When your paying the 3rd most in the league for a TE who has missed a full combined season in the past three years and you embarrass the organization the way they handled the only franchise QB any of us has seen since forever in the media like they did and when you let your two 1000 yard receivers go and replace them with the biggest bust in free agency in the league then there is no team direction

A ranking of 1 is too high

QB: I would normally agree however I think that we would have finished 7-9 this year with just about any QB.  I hope Kirk stays but I wont be upset if he leaves.  The reality of the situation is that we have a guy that set franchise records for us. With a capable back up.  Our situation is not that bad even if we dont resign Kirk.

WR:  Did you miss the Zorn years and most before that?  the WR talent on this team is pretty darn good. Yes it was better last year and we should have kept Garcon but we have guys that can make plays.  And young guys looking to make the next step.  Just get rid of Grant!

TE:  I dont know what your taking about.  We are loaded at the position.  Yes Reid is injury prone but we have Davis, Paul and Sprinkle who I think is going to be VERY good. I even liked that they split Niles out as a WR a few times.  I think he is very Garcon like. 

RB: I wont give you this.  Injuries are a part of every team however.  We have the best 3rd down back in the league.  Perrine was meh but most 1st year running backs fade down the stretch.  I think he will win the starting job easy next year and we draft another back to put in the stable.  The problem with the running game is scheme though and our LG....that guy sucks. 

And I dont feel appreciated by the team.   

The Front office, in particular, the owner needs to take lessons from the Lerner family.  Shortly after the Nationals were eliminated from the MLB playoffs - the Lerners et all signed a letter addressed to the fans thanking them for their support. Despite the disappointment following a 97 win year, the letter had an upbeat, encouraging tone to it.  Sure it's PR, but the Nat's front office does it well. The Skins? Really?

On 1/6/2018 at 8:25 AM, celticsalmon said:

The Front office, in particular, the owner needs to take lessons from the Lerner family.  Shortly after the Nationals were eliminated from the MLB playoffs - the Lerners et all signed a letter addressed to the fans thanking them for their support. Despite the disappointment following a 97 win year, the letter had an upbeat, encouraging tone to it.  Sure it's PR, but the Nat's front office does it well. The Skins? Really?

The Redskins are just inept at PR, branding, and maintaining their image.

They are easily one of the 5 worst run organizations in all of professional sports.

You guys’ plans are similar to mine. My plan would be to get, in order of importance:

Figure our what the ? our training dept. is doing wrong. I know injuries are up leaguewide, but we seem to be perpetually plagued by a higher than average injury rate. Admittedly it could just be my biased eye though.

Ditch Capt. Kirk and bring in a guy I think has a lot of latent talent due to being in crappy offenses - Tyrod Taylor. If he’s not available, any half decent game manager will do for now.

Unless one of the better QBs is still there, I’d use our first pick on the Haloti Ngata clone NT. Alternately, we could use some of Kirk’s cash on Dontari Poe. If we get Poe, I’d use that first pick on a speed rusher - still a glaring need in our arsenal. With one or both of those two pieces, our DL could go from decent (with Allen) to a really dominant group.

I’d use our 2nd rounder on the best RB available. Hopefully a good one 3 down-type back will still be there.

From there, I’d definitely shore up the interior of our OL. I wouldn’t be against another RT because I haven’t been exactly wowed by Moses.

Finally, if we’re not on board with a stats analysis team, we’re definitely doin’ it rong.

3 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Ditch Capt. Kirk and bring in a guy I think has a lot of latent talent due to being in crappy offenses - Tyrod Taylor. If he’s not available, any half decent game manager will do for now.

Unless one of the better QBs is still there, I’d use our first pick on the Haloti Ngata clone NT. Alternately, we could use some of Kirk’s cash on Dontari Poe. If we get Poe, I’d use that first pick on a speed rusher - still a glaring need in our arsenal. With one or both of those two pieces, our DL could go from decent (with Allen) to a really dominant group.

so your plan is to "ditch" the guy that can generally pass the ball pretty well and purposely go after the guy that unabashedly sucks at the position? 

moving on from KC we'll most certainly need to do something but tyrod taylor couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat.....without another ship on the ocean....on a clear day. people want to gripe about cousins not showing up in big games.....

38 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@The Sisko Tyrod Taylor is hampered by a crappy offense? Or does Tyrod Taylor make offenses crappy?

There is not a chance in hell that Taylor succeeds in a Gruden offense.  Dude is butt as a passer.

It is sort of a chicken and egg situation. I didn’t mention my stragedy. I’d pair these players with a more run-centric approach. Therefore, I’m not expecting him to be much more than a game manager. He historically isn’t a turnover machine so he could work. If as I suspect, he’s got some upside, it would be gravy. I wouldn’t see him or any of the game manager types to be the long-term solution. I agree that we are going to have to get a franchise QB at some point though.

1 minute ago, onedrop said:

so your plan is to "ditch" the guy that can generally pass the ball pretty well and purposely go after the guy that unabashedly sucks at the position? 

moving on from KC we'll most certainly need to do something but tyrod taylor couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat.....without another ship on the ocean....on a clear day. people want to gripe about cousins not showing up in big games.....

Again, I’m setting the bar relatively low. I expect my QB to be able to take a hit without coughing the ball up every time. Aside from the not showing up for key games, I’m not prepared to watch us pay him a boatload of dough to go out and throw interceptions and give up sack fumbles in the games that matter. Kirk is just good enough to be a starter but not good enough to really carry a team. If we’re going to pay him what he wants and the market demands, he’d better be Aaron Rodgers. Sorry, but he’s just not that and never will be. I’d take a cheap Taylor or even Colt Limp Arm McCoy for a year or two until we could draft a replacement. I get it. As a fan base we’re so starved for a good QB we’ll jump at the chance to overpay an average talent. Desperation moves just aren’t a path to success. 

21 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Again, I’m setting the bar relatively low. I expect my QB to be able to take a hit without coughing the ball up every time. Aside from the not showing up for key games, I’m not prepared to watch us pay him a boatload of dough to go out and throw interceptions and give up sack fumbles in the games that matter. Kirk is just good enough to be a starter but not good enough to really carry a team. If we’re going to pay him what he wants and the market demands, he’d better be Aaron Rodgers. Sorry, but he’s just not that and never will be. I’d take a cheap Taylor or even Colt Limp Arm McCoy for a year or two until we could draft a replacement. I get it. As a fan base we’re so starved for a good QB we’ll jump at the chance to overpay an average talent. Desperation moves just aren’t a path to success. 

if setting the bar low anyway why change personnel at all? if you're going to suck you may as well do it with guys that have been together.  better, how much of your money is invested in the QB project either way?......same as mine, absolutely NONE. the truth of the matter is none of us truly understands how contracts can be structured and the cap can be juggled. not a single one of us. so why do some feel the need to play junior GM and worry about the money as if theirs is also on the line somehow? its asinine, and it does not make one (not you specifically) appear to have a deeper understanding of the inner machinations of the modern game. as i am sure some believe it does.  plus, we have one of the better cap guys in the business right?

we have NO SAY in any of it anyway. stick with what little we as fans, even the most savvy, can comprehend....who is good and who is truly dreadful. tyrod taylor, even if he paid us, should get nowhere near any team trying to get better.

Basically I can surmise from the plans on here that everyone wants to set us up to go 4-12.  Im not sure I see Cousins as great, but lets be honest, this team was bad this year outside of Cousins.  We had no running game, we had a bad defense, bad special teams, and a poor receiving core.  The only bright spot and reason we werent 3-13 or 4-12 was the QB play.  You cant ditch him and not get another good QB in, or you will find out quickly just how trash the rest of the team was.

You say 4-12, I say without Cousins the 2017 Redskins likely went 2-14 or worse because Colt would have gotten injured and we'd have had to drag in somebody worse than who the Cardinals or Texans had to start and we'd have been positively reminiscing of Zorn and Spurrier.

11 hours ago, Peregrine said:

You cant ditch him and not get another good QB in, or you will find out quickly just how trash the rest of the team was.

I NEVER root for the team to lose.

That said, I think the silver lining of losing Cousins and replacing him with McCoy is that there’s nowhere for anybody to hide.  The team will suck.  

And Dan, if he has any stones and intelligence (this is very much in doubt, btw), will show Bruce the door, and hire a real football executive.  

That person can determine Jay’s fate

I actually think it was pretty impressive that Cousins was able to go 7-9 with the apocalypse of injuries the team suffered but I don't see any plan for the future with or without Cousins.

What's Jay Gruden's offensive philosophy at this point?

What's the plan for the draft.

The team isn't even winning the offseason anymore.

It's hard to be optimistic when Cousins would rather play for the 0-16 Browns than stay in town.

I'd like to be wrong.

I'd like to see what Gruden could do with a roster that could stay healthy and a FO that wasn't run by morons.

The truth is there is no discernible difference between most head coaches in the NFL. You have maybe one or two truly phenomenal coaches(Bellicheck, maybe McVay might be in that list, that's basically it) and a couple guys who are true doofuses in over their heads(guys like Pagano, McAdoo etc.)but most coaches are more or less the same and their success is based on their roster and FO support.

The eagles winning last night felt like a huge redskins loss for me I just felt sick to my stomach....We are the (us fans) are the only thing I have confidence in for this franchise at this point and I will continue to take low blows for this team regardless of the idiots that run it I just hope ffs that they can get this ship in the right direction. 

Archived