Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: In survey, Redskins ask fans for their level of confidence in team’s executives

Boss_Hogg

Fan Confidence Survey (Scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being “Not at all satisfied” and 10 being “Extremely satisfied”)  

278 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the direction the team is heading in (i.e. your long-term outlook, 2-3 years)?

2. 2. Confidence in team executives

3. 3. The team’s overall vision/strategy

4. 4. Team performance in 2017

5. 5. How would you rate the communication from the team

6. 6. How would you rate the direction the team is headed

7. 7. Sense that you are valued by the organization

8. 8. Customer service

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jon is smart enough to know that Bruce got him fired once and is in the process of getting Jay fired, so I’m thinking The closest Bruce gets to the raiders is an alumni Christmas card list. 

I'm thinking that these Tampa people, like our never ending list of Tampa failures, just can't get enough of each other. Jon Gruden likely endorsed Jay to Bruce and vice versa because they really think they had something going on there in Tampa and hey, we had Cousins who Jon already announced that he'd trade a first for.

Maybe the Raiders will throw us a couple picks for a Gruden/Allen package. Or maybe just Cooper, or a good OLman.

42 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I'm thinking that these Tampa people, like our never ending list of Tampa failures, just can't get enough of each other. Jon Gruden likely endorsed Jay to Bruce and vice versa because they really think they had something going on there in Tampa and hey, we had Cousins who Jon already announced that he'd trade a first for.

Maybe the Raiders will throw us a couple picks for a Gruden/Allen package. Or maybe just Cooper, or a good OLman.

I’m sure, but Jon’s not a dope.  For a while there he was the best coach in the NFL.  He brought the Raiders to respectability, lost an epic “tuck rule” playoff game, was traded to Tampa and won a SB with Dungey’s team.

the problem is that then Bruce got there and they started picking their own players, and never recaptured the success.  

Jon’s got to see it now.  He might have been too close to it while he was in Tampa, but watching his brother coach a tea that’s this poorly put together.... 

I’m pretty sure he knows what the problem is and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t think it’s Jay.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m pretty sure he knows what the problem is and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t think it’s Jay.

I'm pretty sure that he knows that he was the one picking the players in Tampa, just like Jay will be mostly doing that himself here. Unless RG4 comes around in the draft and Snyder and then Allen become fixated and decide to tell Jay how it is, like they did with Shanahan who supposedly had "full control" like Schottenheimer did and we saw what happened there.

I have no faith in Daniel Snyder.  The narrative that he's a fan who wants to win is tired.  If he truly wanted to win, he would have learned from peers like Robert Kraft.  He makes money win or lose.  As a fan who goes back to the days of Otto Graham as Head Coach,  I am tired of this bush league owner.

19 hours ago, Veretax said:

AS for cousins  Least Clutch skins QB ever.  Even Brunnel Had more clutch in him, on tired legs.

I know, the OL is beat up, and the giants have been all over him all game long, but you cannot throw a pick in the middle of the field when your team needs to hold onto the ball.  I'm ready to bring in a journeyman or let Colt lead the team for a year, if that's what it takes now.  This makes me want to just vomit them out right now.  We have a few good players, but we are no closer to being a strong team year in and year out, and even if they could by some miracle retain cousins long term (there is no point to franchise him at this point, its time to cut bait if you aren't going to negotiate long term)

Kirk could have played it safe.  With zero help from his Oline, running game, or sorry group of receivers he could have just taken sacks or thrown the ball in the dirt all day.  Punt on forth down and saved his reputation.  Instead, he tried to win the damn game and people like you want to kill him for it?  You deserve a QB like weak armed Brunnel or better yet a John Beck.  Kirk had nothing to gain from trying to win the game but he's a competitor.  You can't ever be clutch if you're too chicken **** to take chances.  You conveniently left out all the games where Kirk drove the team right down the field to score with the game on the line.  Often to be undone by the defense.  Who, by the way, could have won the game if they secured half the picks that Eli threw!  (It's a sad fact that our pass rushers and DL have better hands than our lb's and secondary)

Every analyst who knows more than you (Brian Mitchel, Matich, Santana Moss) commented on how pathetic the receivers were.  They gave Kirk nothing!  They played like they couldn't wait to get on the bus. 

1) Josh Doctson cannot seem to learn what I can teach a 10 year old.  On a hot or now route you NEVER allow the defender to cross your face!!!  That is the fourth time this has happened this year and this time it was picked.

2) Ryan Grant is just a route runner.  Not a baller.  When the defender caps your route on a fade the QB is going to throw short or back shoulder.  You have to keep your eyes downfield until the last second and as the defender runs passed you then you attack the ball.  Instead, Grant shows eyes and hands letting the db know that the ball is short and he allows himself to get boxed out.  No excuse for a guy who has been there 3 years and watched DJax score TD's on the same opportunity balls. 

3)  Last pick totally on Kirk.  But did you want him to win the game or keep dumping off to Bibbs (the game's leading receiver) and punt?  Even if Kirk throws that last ball in the dirt with Tyler "turnstile" Catalina at LT did you really think the offense was going to drive the length of the field, score a TD and a 2 pointer? 

Who was working for Kirk to get open yesterday?  Not Crowder.  How can a Duke graduate continue to hook up short of the first down marker!?!?!  How many times did you see Crowder or any other receiver running wide open and Kirk missed them?  Davis has beaten teams on that seam pass all year long.  But yesterday he decides to break off his route towards the FS in the middle?!?! Why?  Because he didn't want to be there!  He couldn't get his hands out of his pocket warmer long enough to do anything.  Did not want to be there in the cold.  Kirk and Bibbs were the only two players on offense that were there to win the game.  Kill him for it if you want but personally I like the fact that a QB who had nothing to gain and everything to lose tried to win a game.  That's the kind of attitude the whole team needs to embrace. 

Interesting that the "Direction of the team" question was asked twice, just in a slightly different way.

THE biggest issue with this organization is it's lack of leadership, vision and a clear cut direction.  You can argue from a very strong point of view that they have exactly NONE of these currently.  The FO has jobbed this fanbase for a long, long time.  They have tried the tactic of appealing to a large portion of the fanbases' sense of nostalgia.  They've tried the big, splashy FA route multiple times.  They've tried the big trade in the draft for QB.  And all while cycling through head coach after head coach.  They hire a real GM with a drinking problem (we know now his was never really the GM) and, shocker it doesn't end well.  We could go on, and on about how inept this FO is -- It's almost unbelievable how bad they really are and that they're actually running an NFL franchise.  

They are in a really, really bad spot right now with the Cousins situation still hanging over their head.  A big part of me wants Dan to blow it all up, but,...then what?  How are we suppose to trust that the FO can fix things after that when they can't manage the current situation correctly?  It would be a disaster.  Jay Gruden got the HC job because he's friends with Bruce for F-sake!  What good HC would come here?!?!  None.  

It's perplexing to me that as bad as the FO is -- with the rash of injuries the team had,...they managed to win 7 games.  Now, take away a good portion of the injuries and they might win two more games,...maybe three?  Who knows right,.....

I watched only a handful of Skins games this past season.  The least amount since I became a big fan many, many years ago.  I would be considered a bad fan at this point -- and that's ok.  The organization has done nothing to keep my loyalty.  Next season there will be even less time devoted to football.

I'm not mad at the direction this team is heading to, we wanted to build through the draft and we have, we just need to nail down the QB whether it be Cousins at a much lower price than he is asking or start looking for his replacement. Although the latter would mean more sucking and probably revisiting the Grossman/John Beck redskin days. Last few years draft (Allen, Ionnadis, etc...) were good and we need to keep adding more players. 

Bottom line we need to keep building our defense, make a decision on QB and add a key pieces like RB and LG etc... 

1 hour ago, SamoaSkinz said:

I'm not mad at the direction this team is heading to, we wanted to build through the draft and we have, we just need to nail down the QB whether it be Cousins at a much lower price than he is asking or start looking for his replacement. Although the latter would mean more sucking and probably revisiting the Grossman/John Beck redskin days. Last few years draft (Allen, Ionnadis, etc...) were good and we need to keep adding more players. 

Bottom line we need to keep building our defense, make a decision on QB and add a key pieces like RB and LG etc... 

You can draft like Bobby Beathard but without a QB in today's game you have no chance. Pay attention to what happens in the playoffs.  

Everyone knows Allen and his cronies are power-hungry guys who have no idea how to run a professional football team, and they've proven it on other teams as well.

A little nugget of info that some may have not come to grips with; the Redskins are not in the playoffs, once again. The last 2 OCs for this team { Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay } ARE in the playoffs. Oddly enough, against each other.

When a coach or assistant comes to this team, and does well, there's NO effort to do what they can to keep him here, they just lift their chins and say be off with ya, so until changes, and major changes, are made in the FO, this team isn't going anywhere.

@skins island connectionI get what you're trying to say, but Kyle Shanahan is not in the playoffs. 

There are so many other things to blame the guys upstairs for outside of losing guys like Kyle and Sean.  Kyle was a casualty of his dad's regime.  Sean was simply hired to be a head coach in another area code.  I hate just about everything Dan Snyder stands for and Bruce makes my skin crawl, but I'm not really sure what they could have done to avoid those guys leaving the building.  I will say that I don't believe either of them are competent enough to know that those guys would actually go on to be successful though.

On 1/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, ThomasRoane said:

Kirk could have played it safe.  With zero help from his Oline, running game, or sorry group of receivers he could have just taken sacks or thrown the ball in the dirt all day.  Punt on forth down and saved his reputation.  Instead, he tried to win the damn game and people like you want to kill him for it?  You deserve a QB like weak armed Brunnel or better yet a John Beck.  Kirk had nothing to gain from trying to win the game but he's a competitor.  You can't ever be clutch if you're too chicken **** to take chances.  You conveniently left out all the games where Kirk drove the team right down the field to score with the game on the line.  Often to be undone by the defense.  Who, by the way, could have won the game if they secured half the picks that Eli threw!  (It's a sad fact that our pass rushers and DL have better hands than our lb's and secondary)

My statements were made in the 'heat' of the moment, after watching some film and listening to some commentators, I'm pretty much convinced its the wide receivers fault on that last INT (I think it was Doctson).   However, my point does stand, there's an element of Kirk's game that feels strong, but he will never be like Tony Romo, Eli, or Brees when it comes to willing the team back from a large deficit.  Now this year we had too many injuries and this game was meaningless after injuries early on.   I accept that, however, my unfortunate feeling remains.  I like kirk, I think he can be a good long term QB, I'm just not sure we are there as a team at all, and that makes me think Kirk would be wasted on our team and should be let to move on if that's what he wants.  I don't know what to expect, if he's back, great I'll root for him just the same, I'm not a complete negative nancy on Kirk, but since that Saints game, the season has just been depressing, we were a terrible team that last month.  Do I really need to say more?  I'm having to justify in my mind why any player should be kept, except that no one cuts the entire team.

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

1 game in 2015, maybe 1 game this year.  The guys I mentioned seemed like you knew they were going to make a run at a come back.  Now with both Eli and Romo you knew they could throw a pic and have even further to get out of debt on the score board, granted, but you knew they'd shrug it off and keep battling.  I'm not convinced Kirk recovers, in fact if giants score on that last drive, and we get the ball back, I'm not sure cousins doesn't INT for #4.

5 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Everyone knows Allen and his cronies are power-hungry guys who have no idea how to run a professional football team, and they've proven it on other teams as well.

A little nugget of info that some may have not come to grips with; the Redskins are not in the playoffs, once again. The last 2 OCs for this team { Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay } ARE in the playoffs. Oddly enough, against each other.

When a coach or assistant comes to this team, and does well, there's NO effort to do what they can to keep him here, they just lift their chins and say be off with ya, so until changes, and major changes, are made in the FO, this team isn't going anywhere.

Kyle Shanahan is the HC of the 49ers now and he'll be watching the playoffs like the rest of us, though I have no doubt they'll be SB contenders before we come close.

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@skins island connectionI get what you're trying to say, but Kyle Shanahan is not in the playoffs. 

There are so many other things to blame the guys upstairs for outside of losing guys like Kyle and Sean.  Kyle was a casualty of his dad's regime.  Sean was simply hired to be a head coach in another area code.  I hate just about everything Dan Snyder stands for and Bruce makes my skin crawl, but I'm not really sure what they could have done to avoid those guys leaving the building.  I will say that I don't believe either of them are competent enough to know that those guys would actually go on to be successful though.

6 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Kyle Shanahan is the HC of the 49ers now and he'll be watching the playoffs like the rest of us, though I have no doubt they'll be SB contenders before we come close.

Yes, I'm still thinking of Kyle in Atl. Well, his influence is still on the team, but still the overall image of the Redskins FO being competent enough to make efforts to keep young idealistic OCs sucks; yes its true that OCs envision being a HC, but geez, Sean is in his 30's, and there has to be some way the FO could at least keep him around for a few more years until the team has a balance and trending upward. He leaves, Gruden calls time-outs that give opponents the advantage, and the predictable offense is back with a vengeance.

23 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They should have fired Jay and Barry and hired Sean and Wade.  

Hiring Joe Barry and then having your defense stink is a fireable offense.  You should be held accountable for hiring the DC with the worst resume in the history of the NFL.  

Of course, Bruce was also in favor of another Tampa guy, and there’s no accountability.  So that wasn’t going to happen. 

Reports from NBC Mid Atlantic that HBO is pushing for the Washington Redskins to be the next team for "hard Knocks"

This makes sense really; HBO wants drama, dysfunction, and fail. And with this ragtag team of executives (Bruce and Dan) running things, they'll get what they want. 

- No true GM or football minded people on staff

- Team is run by an angry small man and his party planning sidekick

- Controversial name

- Delapataded training facilities

- Run down stadium

- Letting a x3 4,000 yard passer leave because of...hurt feelings over the previous head coach

tenor.gif?itemid=4452103

Archived