Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: In survey, Redskins ask fans for their level of confidence in team’s executives

Boss_Hogg

Fan Confidence Survey (Scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being “Not at all satisfied” and 10 being “Extremely satisfied”)  

278 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the direction the team is heading in (i.e. your long-term outlook, 2-3 years)?

2. 2. Confidence in team executives

3. 3. The team’s overall vision/strategy

4. 4. Team performance in 2017

5. 5. How would you rate the communication from the team

6. 6. How would you rate the direction the team is headed

7. 7. Sense that you are valued by the organization

8. 8. Customer service

I just cannot believe the Eagles have not lost more games this year.  I hope their playoff run ends very soon.   If I was a Skins player, it would really bug me that we did not make the playoffs and the Eagles are limping along in the playoffs.  Also if you compare the General Managers both Allen and Howie Rosen are the same type.  The difference is Howie hired a football guy to be the Assistant General Manager and Allen fired his football guy who was also a good scout.

The difference is that the Eagles are still a playoff team without their franchise qb. The Redskins are no better than the Browns without ours.

They hire Schwartz and find personnel men. We fire Haslet for Berry and fire the only legit personnel men. Phillips, Schwartz, who needs those guys? 

We got George Allen's son. :headbang:

14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

The difference is that the Eagles are still a playoff team without their franchise qb. The Redskins are no better than the Browns without ours.

They hire Schwartz and find personnel men. We fire Haslet for Berry and fire the only legit personnel men. Phillips, Schwartz, who needs those guys? 

We got George Allen's son. :headbang:

I'm not so sold on Schwartz as being this good DC. He was HC of the abysmal Detroit Lions teams that went 2-14 a couple years, and wasn't even a HC or DC last year, he was doing something with the league. Its smoking mirrors with Schwartz, and Philly will be exposed.

He's not a bad DC, but he's not really good either, just watch.

On 1/14/2018 at 11:20 AM, veteranskinsfan said:

I just cannot believe the Eagles have not lost more games this year.  I hope their playoff run ends very soon.   If I was a Skins player, it would really bug me that we did not make the playoffs and the Eagles are limping along in the playoffs.  Also if you compare the General Managers both Allen and Howie Rosen are the same type.  The difference is Howie hired a football guy to be the Assistant General Manager and Allen fired his football guy who was also a good scout.

The Eagles have been a much better team in recent years. Chip Kelly won double digit games two years in a row and was a win away from the playoffs in 2015. It wasn't like they had no talent, despite Kelly getting rid of a couple big pieces. And once they hit on the QB, it all fell into place.

I have very little confidence in this team's ability to build a roster when I look at guys on playoff teams making an impact. Look at Poe in Atlanta, and Dareus and Campbell in JAX. Free agents we could have pushed hard for. Oh, what's that, Bruce Allen? They play in a 4-3 and we play a base 3-4? Well, that didn't stop the team from signing Haynesworth in 2009. 

Also, isn't it about time we switched back to a 4-3? Our defense has been lackluster since going away from it. And if you look at this year's playoff teams, 8 of the teams use the 4-3, including all 4 of the teams that are playing in the conference championship games. We've never made a real wholehearted attempt at being good at it, since we've never drafted a pure NT with any potential, and only brought in a couple guys known for playing the position like Terence Knighton. Whenever the subject comes up, the team will minimize it by saying they play in so many looks that they really only use a base 3-4 about 30% of the time. So that tells me they'll never really have a "personality" when it comes to defense because they don't commit to anything. In addition, it looks like teams are starting to once again look to build strong running games, and I think a good 4-3 has always been the better match for taking on a good running game.    

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:40 PM, BraveWarrior said:

I have very little confidence in this team's ability to build a roster when I look at guys on playoff teams making an impact. Look at Poe in Atlanta, and Dareus and Campbell in JAX. Free agents we could have pushed hard for. Oh, what's that, Bruce Allen? They play in a 4-3 and we play a base 3-4? Well, that didn't stop the team from signing Haynesworth in 2009. 

Also, isn't it about time we switched back to a 4-3? Our defense has been lackluster since going away from it. And if you look at this year's playoff teams, 8 of the teams use the 4-3, including all 4 of the teams that are playing in the conference championship games. We've never made a real wholehearted attempt at being good at it, since we've never drafted a pure NT with any potential, and only brought in a couple guys known for playing the position like Terence Knighton. Whenever the subject comes up, the team will minimize it by saying they play in so many looks that they really only use a base 3-4 about 30% of the time. So that tells me they'll never really have a "personality" when it comes to defense because they don't commit to anything. In addition, it looks like teams are starting to once again look to build strong running games, and I think a good 4-3 has always been the better match for taking on a good running game.    

I was under the impression that they were running some form of hybrid 4-3 defense already, but maybe now.

I've been wanting them to switch back to a true 4-3 for awhile, but why stop there? go with what is starting to trend and run a nickel defense as the base D. With the league going pass happy and QBs starting to run more and more, going with a 4-2-5 with 1 or 2 of the DBs being safeties would give the defense more flexibility in not having to switch out so many players between downs and the safeties and mask or scheme with LBers and pull stunts off the line like blitzing or just showing blitz.

But everything is still on hold until we see exactly what Manusky can do, but he should be on a short leash if he doesn't show improvement. Then Allen and Snyder can look for another ex-Redskin to bring in to bolster the nostalgia effect.

5 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

We’ve never been good at the 3-4. I’ve been wishing to go back to the 4-3 since Shanny left. 

Worst decision we ever made. If we would have kept that defense with his running game he may have still been here. 

39 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

This franchise under Dan Snyder sucks. The Eagles went to a Super Bowl, bottomed out and have gotten back to a Super Bowl again while Dan snyder’s franchise has jacked off and won 1 playoff game 

Eagles got close to another in 2008 while we were playing grab ass with Jim Zorn. 

1 hour ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

This franchise under Dan Snyder sucks. The Eagles went to a Super Bowl, bottomed out and have gotten back to a Super Bowl again while Dan snyder’s franchise has jacked off and won 1 playoff game 

You’d think by now he would know that he’s brining a water pistol to a duel by retaining idiots like Vinny and Bruce.

Yet, it doesn’t seem to click.  I personally think Allen is selling him a bill of goods, and Dan WANTS to believe it, so he does.  

Snyder "wants to win Super Bowls", yet, all he's done since owning the team is make lots of money while ignoring the fact that the team is the 2000s version of the St Louis Cardinals in the NFCE.

Maybe the rest of the fans will wake up one of these days.

8 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I always wonder if it really even bothers him... knowing that all of the owners in the nfl dont respect him, and his organization is the whipping post for better organizations.  If it were me, id be embarassed...knowing that im just a little **** among all my peers.  Guess he doesnt care.

The quick turnaround of the fecals should tell you how bad and irrelevant our team is. 

Jeff Lurie may be a grade A+ asshole, but he knows how to run a pro football team. He realized he made a mistake with Chip Kelly and quickly took the steps to fix it. He swallowed his pride, accepted the embarrassment, took the L, and moved on. 

Meanwhile at Danny's pit of misery...https://ourtowndc.com/bruce-allen-redskins/

Party like its 1974 Bruce

clown shoes

8 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Maybe the rest of the fans will wake up one of these days.

And do what? Revolt?

If Snyder is nothing more than a greedy money-grubber as you imply, then he doesn't need or care about us fans. He would've set-up business affairs so that he doesn't need to depend on us and our ticket purchases and merchandise sales. He would focus more on other revenue streams.

Especially if Washington D.C. is the "transient town" everyone here suggests it is, he doesn't need Redskin fans total loyalty. He can just have those non-Redskin out-of-towners buying everything at the stadium. I mean, if all he cares about is the money.

I personally don't believe that because I've seen the man's reactions when the Redskins do something great or win. He is as giddy and joyous as any fan would be.

He wants to win. He just sucks at putting together a team that can do it.

Just now, zoony said:

Why does this matter?  Serious question.

I mean, i want to own a luxury yacht and winter in Monaco

Because their is a difference between someone who really wants to bring Super Bowl glory back to Redskin Nation, and someone who is only in it for the money, and doesn't care about Super Bowl glory at all. That's a distinction that has to be made.

Many want to imply that Snyder only cares about money, and the "he wants to win" is just a bunch of phony blather.

I don't buy that. I've seen enough of him to know he wants the Redskins to be a champion.

Snyder may never get it when it comes to building a champion, and Redskins Nation will suffer for it. However, I do believe they are suffering his good intentions. Not a sole desire for profit and nothing else.

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Because their is a difference between someone who really wants to bring Super Bowl glory back to Redskin Nation, and someone who is only in it for the money, and doesn't care about Super Bowl glory at all. That's a distinction that has to be made.

Well, I really want that yacht.  

There is no organizational vision from the top and that's the ultimate failure. We won't pay our QB but will go out and spend $17 Mil a year on Josh Norman. We keep committing to the 3-4 even though we have better 4-3 personnel. We let Jackson and Garcon go with no real good backup plan. There is no sense of a grand plan at work but just random individual moves.

Archived