Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: In survey, Redskins ask fans for their level of confidence in team’s executives

Boss_Hogg

Fan Confidence Survey (Scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being “Not at all satisfied” and 10 being “Extremely satisfied”)  

278 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the direction the team is heading in (i.e. your long-term outlook, 2-3 years)?

2. 2. Confidence in team executives

3. 3. The team’s overall vision/strategy

4. 4. Team performance in 2017

5. 5. How would you rate the communication from the team

6. 6. How would you rate the direction the team is headed

7. 7. Sense that you are valued by the organization

8. 8. Customer service

I’m in a weird in between here.  I don’t trust the FO structure at all, and I have serious reservations about Allen and Snyder (not that that’s changing any time soon)... but I’d also like to stay the course in terms of scouting, personnel and coaches.  Essentially, from Eric Schaeffer on down (excepting the S&C staff), I don’t have any major complaints.  

I do like some of the personnel moves in-season, the way they’ve handled injuries, we extended some guys and are working with Brown (supposedly).  

I’ve been pretty happy with the drafting recently and the way young guys are developing.  Liked drafting a couple of guys that seemed to drop down boards because of injury - Fuller, Moreau, Allen.  Liked the one year deals to Brown/Pryor (imagine if we had paid big money for a LTD with the latter).

I like that they addressed the spine of the defense - Allen, Brown and Swearinger - and the focus on the dline (Ioannidas, McGee, McClain, Taylor and Allen).  

I like the coaches that were brought in - I’m not sold on Manusky, but 1) I think he’s an upgrade, and 2) I love that he hired Gray and Tomsula.  

The FO can earn far more of my trust if they shoot for stability; re-sign key guys, continue to focus on the draft and do it well, and address (at least some of) the weaknesses.  

I can’t speak to the fan experience as I virtually never attend, but I suppose they are at least willing (if very slow) to try new things - updated Redskins Park (including weight room), redoing the field, the practice bubble, etc.  

I don’t really take umbrage with them polling a certain group... 

Overall... not good, we’ve had worse, and I hope for better.  

On 12/22/2017 at 3:09 PM, Boss_Hogg said:

I made this a public poll. 

As someone who lives out of the area, Question 8 is a NA response from me.  I can't rate customer service, as I haven't dealt with ticket office, stadium staff, or the like.

Pic of Scott above:

I dont know if that is supposed to be a shot at the team. But it's not like Scotts drafts have been a thing of beauty. 

Dan needs to stop hiring political yes men and hire a real GM. Let that GM pick his own head coach and run the football operations. I for one would love for him to talk to Jerry Reese. he is a 2 time Super Bowl winning GM and those dont become available very often. Of course this is all dependent on my belief that Cousins will not be here next year. If Cousins re signs with us then you keep Gruden at least.

40 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dan needs to stop hiring political yes men and hire a real GM. Let that GM pick his own head coach and run the football operations. I for one would love for him to talk to Jerry Reese. he is a 2 time Super Bowl winning GM and those dont become available very often. Of course this is all dependent on my belief that Cousins will not be here next year. If Cousins re signs with us then you keep Gruden at least.

I agree with your yes man statement.  But as for Jerry Reese to each their own but to me yuck -- the Giants haven't been hot at drafting aside from the first and 2nd round.  A NY reporter cornered Reese a year or so ago for having one of the worst draft records in the NFL. Reese got huffy in response.  Then that same reporter dissected his drafts for NJ.com and compared them to the rest of the NFL -- I read the article and yeah it wasn't pretty.  A lot of FA busts too aside from their big name signings.

I have a lot of Giant fans among my in laws, my wife a Giants fan owns the TV when the Redskins aren't on so I end up watching a lot of Giant games including now.  But yeah Collins, Beckham and Engram are good picks(not exactly diamonds in the rough) but otherwise not a lot to brag about in recent drafts.   Reese is almost as big of a punch line to my Giant friends/relatives as Bruce Allen is to us.

I’m pinning this. Maybe some of Dan’s family members see this here and relate it to him. 

I voted 1 on everything except the team's performance this year. Which is my way of saying the executives and FO structure is trash but Jay, Kirk, and the majority of coaches/players are fine. Would be happy if we upgraded Special Team’s coaching and shook up Training Staff, though I’d point the finger more at those who’ve been here forever like Larry Hess.  

• TSO pinned this topic
24 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Lets put up a poll and ask the fans how we are doing as an organization after a crappy season.......not realistic.

You could’ve asked a bunch of us here this past offseason how we felt and we would’ve said exactly the same. See the threads where posters like myself, SIP, BFS, and quite a few others focused intensely on the issues with the structure of the FO after they failed to replace Scot properly. See the QB threads where for years now we complained about the tags and how they’ve generally handled it. 

Most of us thought this season would be our best chance to contend which is what made the amount of injuries all the more devastating, but we all were concerned about our long term prospects - starting with this upcoming offseason without a clear voice or a truly qualified one heading personnel. 

A lot of us have (forcibly) grown as fans and now understand things fans shouldn’t even have to be thinking about in terms of the intricacies of football organizations. But we know enough now not to focus on easy surface targets like the HC and QB when we lose, and instead question WHY they’re placed in an environment not conducive to success on multiple levels that go against even the most basic of organizational principles.  :) 

Scott McGloughlan is still not a GM in one of the 32 other franchises - The browns are a **** storm - a total **** storm and they didn't look at him hiring Dorsey instead (people will point to the chiefs and say what a great job he did but that is almost entirely down to Reid).... 

Remember when we FIRST franchised Kirk - Scott was a massive part of that decision - he was there on signing day he was front and centre in discussions he was the one hugging Kirk and his wife . So lets not pretend he was totally out of the loop in that discussion. 

Then the following year there were rumours - very strong rumours and jibes that Scott was not just drinking but flat out DRUNK from the likes of the 49ers FO that meant Scott was simply not responding to them over the very period that the FO has to be most active..when agents tried and tried to get in touch with Scott and he blew them off . this could very well have contributed to them making alternate plans  - My point is people need to get over Scott and stop harping on about it. 

The remaining FO actually did a good job - The draft picks they selected appear strong, the free agents we have on board are OK and guys like Zach Brown have been really good -  Manusky has made the defence respectable (even with the injuries ) and realistically when you consider the list of injuries and the players we lost it is amazing we are anywhere near .500.Its not like we careened off a cliff which given EVERYTHING that has happened this year is a astonishing-  

People keep saying before the injury bug took hold we were 2-2 (0-1 in the division) but the injury bug bit hard in the preseason too - Seldom did kirk have any of his projected starting WRs on the field together Reed started the preseason on the PUP list  for instance and the rust and lack of chemistry was evident in the Eagles game - But who did we play in those first 4 games - The Eagles, Rams and Raiders and Chiefs - All of which were undefeated and in the case of the Chiefs and the Raiders they were both being touted at the time we played them as superbowl contenders due to the dominance in which they were playing . 

Vote 1's all you like - demean the team  and feel smug about yourself - demand change all the time demand the owner sell the team all you like (there are worse owners - and potential owners out there - i am sure Donald Trump might still be interested)  but the team is not terrible and it is making progress - regardless of if you want to see it or not ...but then negativity only produces negative outcomes 

10 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

What exactly are we blowing up? we've been doing the same thing yearly since Jay has been at the helm so yes, blow it up.

You are getting rid of your GM/President in Bruce Allen (which probably means his staff, too).

You are getting rid of Gruden (which probably means all of his coaches).

And you want to get rid of our franchise QB in Cousins.

So, yes. You are pretty much advocating starting ALL OVER AGAIN.

Which is just silly. The team isn't where it  needs to be, yet, but it doesn't need to be blown up.

33 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

You are getting rid of your GM/President in Bruce Allen (which probably means his staff, too).

You are getting rid of Gruden (which probably means all of his coaches).

And you want to get rid of our franchise QB in Cousins.

So, yes. You are pretty much advocating starting ALL OVER AGAIN.

Which is just silly. The team isn't where it  needs to be, yet, but it doesn't need to be blown up.

If you're ok with Norv 2.0 run by Bruce Allen, I can't argue with you. I know how this story ends and wish there was a way to avoid it. You're going to get your way in the end and we'll continue down the same road.

It is what it is :)

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

If you're ok with Norv 2.0 run by Bruce Allen, I can't argue with you. I know how this story ends and wish there was a way to avoid it. You're going to get your way in the end and we'll continue down the same road.

Your opinion is dumb, that's what it is...

5 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

Scott McGloughlan is still not a GM in one of the 32 other franchises - 

It's Scot McCloughan.  And as to the Scot and Kirk stuff there are layers to that story that have been publicized which contradict your main point on it.  But Scot has nothing to do with any of this.   You can try to prove Scot is the worst personnel guy on earth and it still has zero to do with the point at hand.  So don't get the point of the tangent.  Lets say Scot was part of the problem with the Kirk contract -- somehow that would make people feel better in justifying all that's happened?  Adding someone else to blame just fuels the fire, it doesn't put it out -- let alone we've had plenty of time to see Bruce negotiate the contract Scot free.  I don't know if you noticed but Scot's wife made fun of Bruce's press release.  Somehow I doubt he'd have done something like that.  But even if he did, why would it matter?

People keep saying before the injury bug took hold we were 2-2 (0-1 in the division) but the injury bug bit hard in the preseason too - Seldom did kirk have any of his projected starting WRs on the field together Reed started the preseason on the PUP list  for instance and the rust and lack of chemistry was evident in the Eagles game - But who did we play in those first 4 games - The Eagles, Rams and Raiders and Chiefs - All of which were undefeated and in the case of the Chiefs and the Raiders they were both being touted at the time we played them as superbowl contenders due to the dominance in which they were playing 

Some of the more vocal people on the thread agree that the team had a good year.  Jay is mostly liked on the board.   But this front office will be operating for the first time without help in 2018.   The main thing we watched (Scot free) has been the Kirk contract and it according to many is a fiasco.   The front office structure is back to the old school of the way the team has operated in the past -- you hear anyone in the NFL talk about the Redskins FO model being ideal and heck anyone jealously saying if only Bruce and Doug would be running their front offices...

demand change all the time demand the owner sell the team all you like (there are worse owners - and potential owners out there - i am sure Donald Trump might still be interested)  but the team is not terrible and it is making progress - regardless of if you want to see it or not ...but then negativity only produces negative outcomes 

The FO isn't exactly brimming with sunshine and rainbows. Things end ugly and odd -- Zorn, Shanny, McNabb, RG3.  Negativity is brimming whether its the leaks about Scot to the WP and trying to turn the fan base against Kirk with the press release.  I've noticed that among the few people on the board that are strongly pro-Dan pro Bruce most (but not all) also seem to be anti-Kirk and practically bask in the losses when they deem Kirk having in their eyes a bad game.  That's the set up we had for this season.  

Some of the strongest critics of the FO structure and the Kirk contract are also among the biggest homers-positive people about the players/team.

..........<sigh>............

Why does it seem like Groundhog Day again?

IMO we have seen turnover in coaching, in roster, in schemes and techniques and damn near every other aspect of the organization except for one glaring omission. We simply do not have competent, stable, predictably knowledgeable leadership at the top.

I know everyone looks forward to yet another opportunity to piss all over everything if we aren't winning a Superbowl, but when I try to form an opinion on something like this, something complex and multilayered over the span of years, I ask myself "What would I do? What steps might I take if mystically, magically I became the owner tomorrow?"

Since apparently I know as much as TheDan about running a major sports franchise, I'd try to draw on his experience first and admit to myself and anyone else listening that I don't have one single goddam idea on how to do it. Not one. Not even one small Grinch-stolen crumb of a clue. I might even call a presser and announce it publicly, just to mollify the fans who would like to hear that admission of a clearly evident fact.

I would call, convince, coerce or connive any and all top notch talent in the field as advisors to try and determine who would be the absolutely best choice to captain my valuable enterprise, I'm not making the choice but starting with learning how the hell to make a good choice, then pursuing that as necessary.

Said maven will be paid appropriately, enabled fully, empowered to make it happen and then I am getting completely the **** out of the way. The only time the media even mentions me is to ask "Whatever happened to that loudmouth asshole that bought the team? Haven't seen him around..."

When you find yourself in a hole, the first step is to STOP DIGGING! Goddam Skins hats should come equipped with helmet lights like miners use, how long will the tunneling continue?

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Gruden is not Norv Turner. A totally different coach.

I'm indifferent to Allen. He can stay or go. I won't cheer or cry over either situation.

But firing Gruden and chasing the best QB we've had in decades in Cousins out of D.C.?

Ridiculous.

If Gruden and Kirk leave then if I were Colt I would ask to be traded or waived because without a decent running back he would not have much of a chance to succeed with what was left of the team.  I think Gruden stays and have no idea about Kirk.  As to the poll, most fans are not happy period with direction of the team or with the current management team in place.  Snyder still makes his money from his investment, regardless of our record each season.  How about my signature quote below from the owner when he first took over the team?  What has he learned about running a football team since he took over from Jack Kent Cooke?

Archived