Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

I bet the Skins have been aggressive as ****, its just that no one in their right minds would come here unless the money was crazy.

that's why no invites and hardly any news on us calling anyone

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'll never watch another Ravens game, not that I watched them that much. What they did to a professional player was beyond the pale. 

I won't watch Vikings either. KC himself said that he and his agent came up with this strategy two and a half years ago. All that talk was...just talk. Actions speak louder than words, and his actions certainly didn't indicate that he wanted to be a Redskin.

Kirk and his agent proposed a 3 year offer sheet to the Redskins valued at $19,000,000 per year. Less than what Alex Smith is making. The Redskins gambled and lost by continuously franchising him. If you actually liked Kirk, you would understand this is the Redskins FO's fault. If you don't like him then you're fine.

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Let's use our money and extend Brandon S. now and Preston S. as well and call it a 2018 FA.  That would be using the money wisely before the price continues to sky rocket.

LOL you sound like a fan that gives up at half-time. I forgot how insufferable this board can be

3 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Kirk and his agent proposed a 3 year offer sheet to the Redskins valued at $19,000,000 per year. Less than what Alex Smith is making. The Redskins gambled and lost by continuously franchising him. If you actually liked Kirk, you would understand this is the Redskins FO's fault. If you don't like him then you're fine.

Yeah,we weren’t off to a good start with Kirk from season one!!..he was in the shadow of RG-ME right out the gate and the FO never really had his back at any point in time..he felt disrespected and that he valued himself more than most around him did(as do we all at our jobs for the most part!!)..he gambled,the team gambled and the team came up short on the deal..ppl only talk about his play on the field but he was a decent guy off as well.No drama,didn’t throw his team or coaches under the bus(unlike the coaches who threw him under plenty of times),he seemed liked for the most part by the guys he played with,wasn’t flashy or the typical “look at me and my new Ferrari” kinda guy(I mean he drove a friggin minivan!)..he imo simply took advantage of the situation that was laid upon him franchise tag after franchise tag!!..hate that he’s gone,would’ve been at least a stable piece on the team for more years than our current QB will be in the long run even if he wasn’t that Franchise Type of Guy!!..I’ll watch him,hope he looses when we play him but deep down,kinda miss him while I watch!!

50 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think you might be on the wrong side on this one...

That's fine but is this about the comp pick, at all?  What happened happened no laws were broken and Grant out his airfare is still going to get paid.  Maybe a Dallas fan sent the ravens his slip comp gif.  Football is very cut throat aka not for long.

The offer looked too good to be true, to me.  And I'd wager that I wasn't only ESr that had the same initial reaction.

Turns out, it was. 

Can't we all just get along, and pile on Grant for not passing his damn physical???  Screwed by him again is the way I may end up remembering this one.

40 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

What’s the status on Bill Callahan,anybody know if he’s remaining on our coaching staff or not???

I have not read or heard anything to lead one to believe that there's even a chance he leaves this offseason.

Have you ?

33 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Wasn't he a Turnover Machine at the time they made that offer ?

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

I have not read or heard anything to lead one to believe that there's even a chance he leaves this offseason.

Have you ?

No,not at all..just me looking at previous posts stating our teams FA I saw his name listed on several different ones and it had me curious..I like him and what he’s helped bring to our line/team since Joe Bugle-I just hope we keep him around a lil while longer is all

1 minute ago, Mr.Will said:

No,not at all..just me looking at previous posts stating our teams FA I saw his name listed on several different ones and it had me curious..I like him and what he’s helped bring to our line/team since Joe Bugle-I just hope we keep him around a lil while longer is all

Ok good.

Last I heard, he was actually turning down HC offers, because he literally enjoyed working for Jay that much.

I guess nothing has changed.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ok good.

Last I heard, he was actually turning down HC offers, because he literally enjoyed working for Jay that much.

I guess nothing has changed.

Yeah thruout the past two seasons,he’s appeared to like his roll here an seems like he'll be here till the next house cleaning takes place hopefully..he worked absolute magic last season with all of our injuries and players coming in almost daily it seemed..he’s good at what he does and he’s one of the few constant bright spots on our staff-I like him here!!!

14 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

That's fine but is this about the comp pick, at all?  What happened happened no laws were broken and Grant out his airfare is still going to get paid.  Maybe a Dallas fan sent the ravens his slip comp gif.  Football is very cut throat aka not for long.

The offer looked too good to be true, to me.  And I'd wager that I wasn't only ESr that had the same initial reaction.

Turns out, it was. 

Can't we all just get along, and pile on Grant for not passing his damn physical???  Screwed by him again is the way I may end up remembering this one.

To me the effect on the Tedskins is secondary.  I almost don’t care.  I think it just is massively unethical if you sign a guy to a contract, see fan reaction, unexpectedly have a better option and then find a technicality to void the contract.  Cooley said he found out the injury and it was essentially an ankle sprain.  

I’ve got a well deserved reputation of being unimpressed by Grant.  But he was done dirty by the Ravens.  I feel terrible for him.  He probably lost a lot of money, Luke maybe 30-40% of his original contract.  MILLIONS of dollars. 

He didnt deserve this.  I’d almost welcome him back, except I think Jay would give him all the reps and we wouldn’t develop Davis and Harris.  

If if there are enough reps to go around, and assuming PR is the starter, he’s be fine to bring back on a reasonable deal

Just feel terrible for the guy.

17 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I get the feeling the blowback isn't really about Grant at all, it's for us missing out on the comp pick.  Or is that way off base, we actually care more about a player two feet out the door. That many here didn't seem to like. 

Fuller didn't even know he had been traded. GMs are dicks sometimes.Or sure I could be way off base but short of seeing how badly he failed the physical, I will reserve judgement.

My feeling is that it’s not a good thing to do to the Redskins or Ryan Grant.

Now Grant is stained by this. The next contract he signs won’t be what he was supposed to get this year most likely and this teams lost a possible fifth round pick. 

I see a fake reason Baltimore gave to get out of a bad deal they signed. I don’t buy the story. And think they used a loophole to get out of that

All just my opinion 

Why would you want this team doing that to another team and another player?

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

My feeling is that it’s not a good thing to do to the Redskins or Ryan Grant.

Now Grant is stained by this. The next contract he signs won’t be what he was supposed to get this year most likely and this teams lost a possible fifth round pick. 

I see a fake reason Baltimore gave to get out of a bad deal they signed. I don’t buy the story. And think they used a loophole to get out of that

If he passes another team's physical within a day or 2 or so, after failing within the Ravens' physical, does that not expose a glaring, obvious, undeniable flaw in the system, that has to be addressed somehow ?

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If he passes another team's physical within a day or 2 or so, after failing within the Ravens' physical, does that not expose a glaring, obvious, undeniable flaw in the system, that has to be addressed somehow ?

Grant did seem to get screwed, but I don't think there's much recourse and I don't think you'll really see any changes in the system. The problem is that physicals are subjective. One team may see a problem, another team won't care about the same thing. Unless player is 100% perfect (and what NFL player is?) then there's wiggle room. Hell, Allen fell to the Redskins last year based on medical concerns.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Absolutely. But it won’t happen like that 

Question is will any team want the guy that just got drug through this now? His value just took a massive hit. 

Even if they didn’t get the comp pick this was wrong to do to someone and I don’t want this team doing that to another player

Early this week people where super excited about this load of compensation picks. If we sign some outside guys and Breeland and Grant sign smaller deals... Say bye bye to the boat load. Will just be one or two picks. 

Grant will get a way lower deal. Just because it's later in the process. Teams have filled there holes and spend most of the cap. Breeland might sign a deal in training camp or some low proof it one year deal. 

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Absolutely. But it won’t happen like that 

Question is will any team want the guy that just got drug through this now? His value just took a massive hit. 

Even if they didn’t get the comp pick this was wrong to do to someone and I don’t want this team doing that to another player

I agree with what you say.

I only wonder what is true about the report that they offered Grant a lower guaranteed deal. Just to make sure his injury would not bite them in the future. Grant said no to that. 

7 hours ago, Rocky52Mc said:

LOL you sound like a fan that gives up at half-time. I forgot how insufferable this board can be

When they frustrate me, I go outside and work or find something else to do rather than get upset with them.  I root hard for the team and want them to win.  But think it wise to now extend those players because their prices are going to go through the roof when they become FA.  Why not do it now.

I think the Redskins got a mulligan. They should reach out to Breeland and invite him to come back home. With the first wave of free agency done his price will drop, but what he agreed to wasn’t unreasonable. 

When Bree’s head is right we’ve all seen him be very good. Now, I don’t know that he wants to be here. He was pretty upset at Norman’s arrival and becoming entrenched as the #2 corner, but I like him better then Cromartie. 

With him, I think DB returns to a strength. Sometimes you get a second chance. I think the Redskins should seize this one. 

7 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I get the feeling the blowback isn't really about Grant at all, it's for us missing out on the comp pick.  Or is that way off base, we actually care more about a player two feet out the door. That many here didn't seem to like. 

Fuller didn't even know he had been traded. GMs are dicks sometimes.Or sure I could be way off base but short of seeing how badly he failed the physical, I will reserve judgement.

I can only speak for myself but that is total bull ****. I could care less about the comp pick - it will be a late rounder that has a very small chance of doing anything - I agree some are getting way too caught up in comp picks. Nice to have but not going to make a team out of them. 

But this has not a single thing to do with comp picks for me. This was straight up dirty dealings by Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens. 

What's interesting to me is that you (and several others) are totally Ok with this from a team but hate Kirk - and other players - for maximizing their leverage when they have it. That is a clear double standard. If its just business when the team does it why is the player just being greedy when they do it? 

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think the Redskins got a mulligan. They should reach out to Breeland and invite him to come back home. With the first wave of free agency done his price will drop, but what he agreed to wasn’t unreasonable. 

When Bree’s head is right we’ve all seen him be very good. Now, I don’t know that he wants to be here. He was pretty upset at Norman’s arrival and becoming entrenched as the #2 corner, but I like him better then Cromartie. 

With him, I think DB returns to a strength. Sometimes you get a second chance. I think the Redskins should seize this one. 

People say it might take a couple of months before his issue is away. That he really can clear a physical. 

It wouldn't suprice me then if he wait with signing until the pre-season. Sign with team that loses a starter to injury. Get an one year deal. Play lights out and hit FA again next season. 

Only risk with that option is that some team might really like a rookie corner and give that guy a shot instead of Breeland.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

But this has not a single thing to do with comp picks for me. This was straight up dirty dealings by Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens. 

I think you are right and it also feels very dirty to me. 

But..to play the devil's advocate (that's a English saying, right?). The Ravens their WR group has been totally murdered by injuries the last couple of years. Non of them can stay on the field. So I do understand that they don't want to take any risk. They need a guy that can stay on the field. 

Only I don't believe that's the real reason. The Crabtree timing is just to perfect.  

I see now that Breeland had his contract voided over a foot infection.  Short of reading ~hundreds of posts I will assume there is the same outpouring of support for him being wronged, since infections are easily treated here in MedicatioNation. Some may even argue his contract was voided for a lessor injury, than Grant's.

I am interested in knowing if the Ravens offered Grant a lower contract once they saw his high ankle was not fully healed. 

8 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I think you are right and it also feels very dirty to me. 

But..to play the devil's advocate (that's a English saying, right?). The Ravens their WR group has been totally murdered by injuries the last couple of years. Non of them can stay on the field. So I do understand that they don't want to take any risk. They need a guy that can stay on the field. 

Only I don't believe that's the real reason. The Crabtree timing is just to perfect.  

I getbwhat you are saying but they knew going what his history was.  If they wanted to keep him they would not have cared about an ankle sprain in March.  They saw shiny new toy that they thought was cooler.  So they dumped on Ryan. 

I hope he he finds s good home.  I would be ok with him coming back here.  

Archived