Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Hey whoever has twitter, reply to JP's tweet from last week about how "the Skins will definitely be aggressive." 

Ay I'm just bitter about getting hustled out of these comp picks and I want to be mad at someone. Now I'm waiting for the magic formula to somehow = no Cousins comp pick.

The RB I want the most is LeGarrette Blount. He's 31, but has been in a split backfield most of his career and has been with two winners. He's also signed for cheap the last two years, so he'd probably do it again. He'd be a great guy to have along with drafting someone. 

8 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Tandler clowning now

Rich Tandler Retweeted Adam Schefter

With the 13th pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Washington #Redskins select Da’Ron Payne, defensive lineman, Alabama.

Uh I would rather have Barkley. If he gets past the #1 pick....lets move up and get him. Barkley can easily change our entire offense

Looked over the Roto list. Here's who I like: 

Quarterbacks

Geno Smith (27) - Never really given a shot. Maybe also sign that guy that punched him just to add some training camp drama. 

Running Backs

Alfred Morris (29) - We all love ALMO. 
LeGarrette Blount (31) - I said above. Would be a great fit. 

Charles Sims (27) - In the Thompson mold, so maybe no spot is available. 

Jeremy Hill (25) - Only 25 and the Bengals kept drafting backs. Would be a nice compliment to Thompson. 

Terrance West (27) - Good do everything type RB. 

Alfred Blue (26) - You're my boy Blue!!!

Wide Receivers

Michael Crabtree (30) - Redzone target. 
Mike Wallace (31) - Still a speedy WR. 

Jordan Matthews (25) - If his knee checks out he's a big slot guy that's a redzone target. 
Kendall Wright (28) - Another slot guy. 

Jeremy Maclin (29) - A lot of injuries the past couple years, but he's still 29 and has had some very productive NFL seasons. Could be the underneath guy Pryor never could be. 

Eric Decker (31) - Not sure if there's anything left. He'd be an underneath guy like Maclin.  
Jaron Brown (28) - He's a good WR who's been living in the shadow of other Cards WRs for a long time. 
Michael Floyd (28) - All you have to do is close all the bars and liquor stored in DC and he'll be good. 

Tight Ends

Eric Ebron (24) - He's never been terrible, just not lived up to his high draft selection. 

Luke Willson (28) - Exceptional athlete that's sort of a Swiss army knife. 
Brent Celek (33) - Good blocker who's been a solid pass catcher in his past. 

Troy Niklas (25) - Former 2nd round pick with a lot of tools would be able to grow. 

Offensive Tackles

Greg Robinson (25) - Former high first rounder. Might he be a fit at guard? Worth kicking the tires. 

Guards/Centers

Mike Pouncey (28) - Immediate upgrade.
Jack Mewhort (26) - Solid and with being 26 he could be a 4+ year starter. 

Matt Slauson (32) - Old, but decent. 
D.J. Fluker (27) - He'd be a guard that can be a RT in a pinch. 
Luke Joeckel (26) - Was he really that bad? He was the #1 overall pick, wasn't he? 
Travis Swanson (27) - Again, solid guy who's at a decent age. 
Allen Barbre (33) - He's started at guard and tackle over the past 4 years. He'd be a 1 year vet min contract that provides depth in multiple spots. 

9 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Looked over the Roto list. Here's who I like: 

Running Backs

Charles Sims (27) - In the Thompson mold, so maybe no spot is available. 

Terrance West (27) - Good do everything type RB. 

Guards/Centers

Mike Pouncey (28) - Immediate upgrade.
D.J. Fluker (27) - He'd be a guard that can be a RT in a pinch. 

I updated your list with who I like out of that list

Edit: Needs to be mentioned that Mike Pouncey is an absolute piece of trash human, but we need interior.

14 minutes ago, kiingspadee said:

Uh I would rather have Barkley. If he gets past the #1 pick....lets move up and get him. Barkley can easily change our entire offense

I doubt he falls far enough where it would be cost effective to go get him.. but i could be wrong.   

29 minutes ago, kiingspadee said:

No way Barkley falls to the 13th pick, and I don't believe the Redskins have enough ammunition to move up far enough in the draft to select him.

Not without sacrificing a lot in other areas to do so.

Edge Defenders

Pernell McPhee (29) - I liked him in Baltimore and think he was solid in Chicago. 
Junior Galette (30) - 1 year vet min. He knows the system, we know him. 
Connor Barwin (31) - Why not? His 14.5 sack year is long behind him, but he's still good against the run. 
Kony Ealy (26) - So confused by this guy. Was decent with Carolina, traded to the Pats, cut then spent a season with the Jets. What happened? 

Lamarr Houston (30) - Solid, productive vet that has played in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. 
Willie Young (32) - He might be finished, but he was 6+ sacks the past 3 seasons. 
Elvis Dumervil (34) - He'd be like a slightly younger Dwight Freeney. Strictly a pass rusher. 

Tamba Hali (34) - Kick the tires and see if he's done. 

Defensive Linemen

Ndamukong Suh (31) - Could be dominant if used correctly. 

Ahtyba Rubin (31) - There's your cheap vet NT. 
Alan Branch (34) - Can also play NT. 
Tony McDaniel (33) - If healthy and there's something in the tank he's a decent 3-4 DE. 
Jared Crick (28) - Solid 3-4 DE with a few years left. 

Inside Linebackers

Sean Spence (27) - Speedster LB who seems to always be a Steeler fall back. 
Rey Maualuga (31) - Wonder what's left. No special teams value, but would be okay. 

4-3 Off-Ball Linebackers

Keenan Robinson (28) - Reunion? 

Cornerbacks

Tyrann Mathieu (25) - Sure. 

Bashaud Breeland (26) - Cheaper than DRC and 5 year younger. 

Davon House (28) - Had a few good years. 
Jeremy Lane (27) - Long physical corner. 
Alterraun Verner (29) - What happened to this guy? 
Brandon Boykin (27) - he was one of the top nickle corners than fell off when trying to play outside. Could he fill that Fuller role? 

Safeties

Kenny Vaccaro (27) - I mean, why not? 
Morgan Burnett (29) - very underrated and surprised he's still there. 
Eric Reid (26) - Protests aside, he's a good player. 
Tre Boston (25) - Solid safety with some years to grow. 

24 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Edit: Needs to be mentioned that Mike Pouncey is an absolute piece of trash human, but we need interior.

I'm not sure I care too much about this. For the roster I'm looking to bring in football players, so I'll evaluate them on that alone. If they can stay out of jail and make the team better who cares if they are pieces of crap? Look at Lawrence Taylor, Warren Sapp or Charles Haley. All are garbage, but all have rings partially because what they brought every Sunday. 

24 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I'm not sure I care too much about this. For the roster I'm looking to bring in football players, so I'll evaluate them on that alone. If they can stay out of jail and make the team better who cares if they are pieces of crap? Look at Lawrence Taylor, Warren Sapp or Charles Haley. All are garbage, but all have rings partially because what they brought every Sunday. 

It is a different world now with the Internet, and the media, focusing on scandals.  I think players with character concerns have a bigger negative impact on their teams now.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Packers continue to abandon their conservative approach to FA this off season

The Packers have signed Bears CB Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet. The Bears have five days to match:

Kind of strange to see them be aggressive like this with Thompson they never were.  

2 minutes ago, Nerm said:

It is a different world now with the Internet, and the media, focusing on scandals.  I think players with character concerns have a bigger negative impact on their teams now.  

I agree, but has Pouncey ever been caught for anything? There's no OBJ, Aldon Smith or Zek videos circulating, just stories. If anything they are going about their garbage human lives the right way according to the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The Chargers signed Caleb Sturgis, so he'll likely be competing with Nick Rose for the job there.

NICK ROSE COME HOME.

When we signed Hop to a 3 year deal I think that died.  I do like Rose though and thought we should have kept him.  

With Bruce Allen's job on the line this season and the #97th pick almost assuredly going to us next year, we're probably trading a pick from next year's draft to add draft capital this year. Maybe next year's original 3rd. To either move up in the 2nd round and get our RB, or add a 4th round pick -- perhaps package the two picks to move into the 3rd round for our starting LG. Think it was Jay Gruden who said we were going to be "aggressive in the draft."

In any case, we're most likely leaving the draft with a dynamic DT, RB, and starting LG. We'll sign a solid veteran corner. We'll add a veteran #4 safety on a team friendly deal, as well as a backup center to compete with Roullier. 

About to be on his third team in three years, Bennie Logan is far from any answer, and he'd be at best an insignificant improvement over Stacy McGee. He's smaller, too. We'll add a better option in the draft, and with Allen, Ioannidis, (Vea), McGee, McClain, Lainer, we'll have an extremely athletic, young group to go with a good collection of outside rushers. Think many have forgotten how downright dominant Ioannidis was at times before he broke his hand.

Ultimately, I think we forget how much of a team's success is really a matter of catching lightning in a bottle, versus being the preseason paper champ. This time last year, no one was predicting dominance by the Eagles. The year before last, no one thought the Cowboys would be 13-3. Or the year before that, that the Panthers would go 15-1. And then the Panthers followed up with 6-10. And then the Cowboys followed up with 9-7. And the Eagles will follow up with - ? One year, the truism is you've gotta have a franchise QB to contend in January. The next, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles and Case Keenum are 3 of the final 4. A team is never one player away, nor is a team ever all that far from contending. A lot of it simply comes down to luck, team chemistry and timing. The right players hitting their stride at just the right time.

We're going to have a pretty solid team when the offseason is done with, a team worth being cautiously excited about by Week 1. And whether we get a comp pick or two in the 5th round next year will have no bearing on whether this franchise wins a chip or not.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Kind of strange to see them be aggressive like this with Thompson they never were.  

And lots of Packers fans have hated it. They appreciated the years of good draft picks and comp picks but have felt like they were too complacent through Rodgers's prime 

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I agree, but has Pouncey ever been caught for anything? There's no OBJ, Aldon Smith or Zek videos circulating, just stories. If anything they are going about their garbage human lives the right way according to the NFL. 

I don't know anything about Pouncey specifically.  I am speaking more generally.  I think some types of problem behaviors are more of a distraction for teams than they have been in the past.  But you have to look at those issues on a case by case basis.  Personally, I have much less of a problem with a player with a diva attitude than a player that has a poor work ethic.  Issues like recreational drug use don't bother me as a fan, but the suspensions can be severe.  Now, new issues like how a person acts on their Twitter account can be an issue for team chemistry.  It seemed a lot simpler 20 years ago...

Archived