Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

13 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I don't know anything about Pouncey specifically.  I am speaking more generally.  I think some types of problem behaviors are more of a distraction for teams than they have been in the past.  But you have to look at those issues on a case by case basis.  Personally, I have much less of a problem with a player with a diva attitude than a player that has a poor work ethic.  Issues like recreational drug use don't bother me as a fan, but the suspensions can be severe.  Now, new issues like how a person acts on their Twitter account can be an issue for team chemistry.  It seemed a lot simpler 20 years ago...

Has his brother been an issue in the Steelers locker room? Sometimes the organization has to be responsible for the people they appoint as leaders. If you want some of those talented players who aren't the best people then you need strong leaders as coaches. 

With this example Pouncey might be bad, but by that logic so was Suh, Ajayi and Landry. IMO if they could manage those personalities better they would be fielding a far more talented team. 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Bwahahahaaha! Ravens just signed Crabtree. 3 years 11 Mill guaranteed. Grant got ****ed badly.

Why is this funny?  What did Ryan Grant ever do to elicit ES hatred?  Not live up to being a 5th round pick???  If his physical fail was legit, then at worse, that's a "them's the breaks" but if there was funny business going on then he's got a grievance.  Either way, what's with the harsh?

4 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Why is this funny?  What did Ryan Grant ever do to elicit ES hatred?  Not live up to being a 5th round pick???  If his physical fail was legit, then at worse, that's a "them's the breaks" but if there was funny business going on then he's got a grievance.  Either way, what's with the harsh?

The situation is somewhat funny in all honesty. The Ravens give the guy a great contract offer. The Ravens fans damn near revolt. He shows up to sign right as Crabtree gets released. He "fails" a physical on an ankle he played on last year. Crabtree gets signed the next day? Yeah man. It is kinda funny.

7 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

I don't think he's harshing on Grant. He's just reiterating that something "funny" seems to be going on. More of an A-Ha! type funny, not actually funny.

14 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Has his brother been an issue in the Steelers locker room? Sometimes the organization has to be responsible for the people they appoint as leaders. If you want some of those talented players who aren't the best people then you need strong leaders as coaches. 

With this example Pouncey might be bad, but by that logic so was Suh, Ajayi and Landry. IMO if they could manage those personalities better they would be fielding a far more talented team. 

I agree, the right leadership can reduce those concerns.  The Patriots seem to be really good at managing players that have a history of personality issues.

39 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I don't know anything about Pouncey specifically.  I am speaking more generally.  I think some types of problem behaviors are more of a distraction for teams than they have been in the past.  But you have to look at those issues on a case by case basis.  Personally, I have much less of a problem with a player with a diva attitude than a player that has a poor work ethic.  Issues like recreational drug use don't bother me as a fan, but the suspensions can be severe.  Now, new issues like how a person acts on their Twitter account can be an issue for team chemistry.  It seemed a lot simpler 20 years ago...

The thing that I always will remember about him is his association with Aaron Hernandez. It goes a bit deeper than the stories of "Tim Tebow was good teammates with Hernandez!", the Pouncey twins were very close with him. There's a lot of talk that went on about how Hernandez ended up like he did and it occurred at Florida. Specifically how he got involved with the wrong crowd and took a lot of "angel dust". Hernandez changed and would switch in and out of a paranoid state as the drug caused significant damage to his brain and the rest is history.

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/08/28/aaron-hernandez-used-pcp-and-other-shocking-revelations/#ixzz2j0JXK94x

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/10/28/dolphins-player-served-grand-jury-subpoena-after-patriots-game/

"Hernandez's coach at Florida, Urban Meyer, assigned him three mentors to keep him in line: Mike and Maurkice Pouncey, twin All-American linemen, and, yes, Tim Tebow."

http://theweek.com/articles/460596/aaron-hernandez-murder-case-pcp-paranoia-other-new-details

Nothing quite like 2 devils on your shoulder for every angel you have.

28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Bwahahahaaha! Ravens just signed Crabtree. 3 years 11 Mill guaranteed. Grant got ****ed badly.

Grant is visiting the Colts.  They'll sign him and we will have our comp. pick back and Grant will be happy and so will Allen and Co.

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

I agree, the right leadership can reduce those concerns.  The Patriots seem to be really good at managing players that have a history of personality issues.

If a player steps out of line, Mr. Bundchen's wife sinks a stiletto into that player's skull.  "Wenn Sie mein Hausmanns Super Bowl Chancen ruinieren, ich verbreche Sie."

OTOH, in D.C., you step out of line, they cut the punter.  :ols:

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not as happy as he would have been with a much bigger Ravens contract

None the less he quickly is visiting another team that will more than likely sign him.  Know what your saying though.

3 hours ago, Unbias said:

Albert Einstein is broadly credited with exclaiming “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

The quote was "One definition of insanity" not the definition. Also the skins have not been doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. We've done LOTS of different things, with the same result. Still a few moves away and then gelling to be a competitor, and have been for a while. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Packers continue to abandon their conservative approach to FA this off season

The Packers have signed Bears CB Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet. The Bears have five days to match:

Yea- when you have a 30 something year old QB with 2-4 year window its go time. Hello Redskins Park?

More reason I simply don't get the Alex Smith move. You have a 30-something QB, you better have moves place to solidify the roster.

The Skins were not a move or 2 away from this. I will move forward with the deal, but still don't understand the logic. Would rather be in the 'full build' mode with Fuller and our 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

More reason I simply don't get the Alex Smith move. You have a 30-something QB, you better have moves place to solidify the roster.

The Skins were not a move or 2 away from this. I will move forward with the deal, but still don't understand the logic. Would rather be in the 'full build' mode with Fuller and our 3rd.

Spot on Bonez3, I like Smith but with the lack of movement in FA we might as well have gone with McCoy. His $4m cap hit and drafted a QB this year or next. Allen is now starting to really **** me off.

HTTR 

It's simple, Skins don't have the draft capital to move ahead of the 5-6 teams looking to draft qb's and the free agent qb's have way to many question marks. It was a great move to solidify the most important position in any sport. 

I'm not sure if we make any more important moves in FA. 

Archived