Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

It says non-football related injury that happened recently.  This isn't a medical staff issue.  Grants was last game of the season.  Both seemed to think it was fine.  While there may be some convo about our medical staff, it doesn't seem to be related in this case.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Your body is an asset when your player, letting a cut get infected when your a free agent is stupid but I'm not surprised because its Breeland.

He was also in a foreign country... so who knows what the situation was.  I'm seeing rumors of the injury requiring a skin graft 

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kimberley A. Martin Retweeted Bill Voth

Wow.

Kimberley A. Martin added,

Bill Voth @PanthersBill
CB Bashaud Breeland failed a physical and won’t be signing with the Panthers.
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Dammit. Comp picks disappearing like crazy!

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

I thought the teams and medical staffs were in control of what is needed to pass a physical.... there's not a league wide checklist or anything

Not sure if you are blaming the Skin medical staff or the Panthers/Ravens medical staff. 

This is the issue with the 'legal tampering period'. Teams can strike deals with the player and it can always be reversed if the player fails the physical. For the former team after their year end meeting how can they ensure the physical well being? It's not like they check in with him regularly. 

Just now, Unbias said:

Not sure if you are blaming the Skin medical staff or the Panthers/Ravens medical staff. 

This is the issue with the 'legal tampering period'. Teams can strike deals with the player and it can always be reversed if the player fails the physical. For the former team after their year end meeting how can they ensure the physical well being? It's not like they check in with him regularly. 

Im not blaming anyone... I'm pretty sure each team and medical staff sets what 'rules' are in place that meet a pass or a fail.  It's all objective to the team.  

I don't blame the Redskins medical staff at all.  Grant got shafted, and Bree hurt himself on his own, my point was that either team could have 'passed' them if they wanted to... 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

Almost #Panthers CB Bashaud Breeland cut his foot in a non-football injury and it got infected, source said. He is now a few months away from being able to pass a physical. Brutal.

You gotta be kidding me. Dude cuts his foot right before FA and doesnt take care of it allowing it to become infected? This is so Bash Breeland man!

Just now, OVCChairman said:

Im not blaming anyone... I'm pretty sure each team and medical staff sets what 'rules' are in place that meet a pass or a fail.  It's all objective to the team.  

I don't blame the Redskins medical staff at all.  Grant got shafted, and Bree hurt himself on his own, my point was that either team could have 'passed' them if they wanted to... 

I agree that Grant got shafted. IMO the Ravens looked at what other WRs were getting paid and that was their way out of the deal. Sucks for him. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You gotta be kidding me. Dude cuts his foot right before FA and doesnt take care of it allowing it to become infected? This is so Bash Breeland man!

Talking about Skin Grafting... I don't think this was a situation where it was an infection.. plus he was out of the country.  

7 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

all these failed physicals are making me want to update the conspiracy thread

You should. Grant got screwed and the NFL is allowing that to happen

4 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

Eagles just released Vinny Curry.  yes please for DT.

Plus one Sir :cheers:

I also would like to see them try and close a deal with Bree and keep him. The news he failed a physical will make him cheaper. Need him. Call this a close call and sign him up

6 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Doesn’t make it not true

Albert Einstein is broadly credited with exclaiming “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

2 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

he cant play opposite allen on the other side as a rotational guy?  cmon, hes 280, and can rush the passer.  we need Dline help baaaadly.

I agree we need DL, but I don't agree on the guy. Right now edge rushers are going at a premium. There aren't many in free agency or in the draft. We need a DT more than an edge rusher. 

Someone will pay him $6-8M/year as a full time edge rusher. That's just too much. 

Archived