Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

I'm not wowed by the fact the Eagles can stock up on veteran talent for cheap, that's what happens when you win a Superbowl and you have a stud QB in his rookie deal.

I guarantee you that if we won the Superbowl we could get those same sweetheart deals, we see a lot of good veterans taking less to get the ring, happens in all sports.

27 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I could definitely see the Redskins, who play in the Nation's Capital, not really wanting to wander into that particular quagmire, however.  It wouldn't bother me, but I can see why they would be extra hesitant.  

I could care less about that and really hope our coaching staff and front office share that view.

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It doesn't bother me at all, but apparently he's still available because he was part of the anthem thing with Kap.  And some agents are speculating that in order for it not to appear as though teams are blackballing Reid, they're not signing any safeties.  I find that interesting...  Link to Article

My perception was that there is an excess of talented in-the-box safeties like Reid. 

A roaming cover 2 FS is much more valuable and rare imo.  

11 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Glad we didn't sign Michael Bennett........ 

Probably ran over the poor old lady running from the cops in Vegas while looking suspicious... What a moron...ya he pushed some almost 70 year old lady out of the way to get on the field during the Superbowl to celebrate with his brother from what I understand she was trying to inform him he wasn't allowed on and he pushed her out of the way.

9 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Probably ran over the poor old lady running from the cops in Vegas while looking suspicious... What a moron

Yes, it's funny, but the incident stems from the Pats-Falcons Superbowl where his brother was playing in. The elderly, 66 year old, paraplegic woman told him he couldn't access the field through a certain entrance and he pushed her to aside causing undefined injuries.

It's actually way worse when the details are included.  

37 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

My perception was that there is an excess of talented in-the-box safeties like Reid. 

IMHO this is why Swearinger, who was a 2nd round pick, is on his 4th team in 5 seasons. Teams hoped he'd be a deep cover guy, but that's not really been the case. 

44 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Cover 2 safeties are not that hard to find - not easy mind you but they are out there. They 'only' have half the field to cover. Really good single high Cover 1 guys however are a rare beast.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Speaking of safety Eric Reid is still out there unsigned. He's a good player - he's a quality starting safety.

I’d prefer DL, OLB or a G, but going for a FA safety should definitely be a consideration.  If Hankins (and maybe Logan) are off the table, then maybe I make some offers to guys at the other positions.  

One of my big wants was Mathieu, but a big part of that was the ability to play slot corner and move to safety if Nicholson were injured.  Reid is intriguing, though I’m not sure of the details - how does he fare as a FS, is he ok playing backup, who much would he cost?

37 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’d prefer DL, OLB or a G, but going for a FA safety should definitely be a consideration.  If Hankins (and maybe Logan) are off the table, then maybe I make some offers to guys at the other positions.  

One of my big wants was Mathieu, but a big part of that was the ability to play slot corner and move to safety if Nicholson were injured.  Reid is intriguing, though I’m not sure of the details - how does he fare as a FS, is he ok playing backup, who much would he cost?

No idea on cost. 

He a quality safety. He was the 18th overall pick back in 2013 and can play FS (he’s a 4.5 guy) and is physical enough to come up in the box and match up with TEs and be active against the run.

Hes not a backup.

37 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Booo not showing me the funny joke all I see is a blank box. Try again lol

Don't quote gifs, videos or pictures or it will be back to the naughty step for you but officially :-)

28 minutes ago, #BgMase76# said:

It wouldn't be the worse Skinz former dallass player rehab project. Heck, move him to TE if Reed can't stay healthy. Originally a joke, but I think I just had a stroke of genius. :rofl89:

Same applies to you!

2 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Glad we didn't sign Michael Bennett........ 

Or Josh Mauro

NFL suspended Giants DE Josh Mauro four games for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing drugs.

He signed with the Giants earlier this week. In a statement, Mauro said the positive test was triggered by a pre-workout supplement he bought over the counter. The 27-year-old logged 22 tackles and one sack over 333 defensive snaps for Arizona last season.
Source: giants.com

Guess the G-Men has there own Trent Murphy. Oh darn!!!!

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rams likely getting Suh, wow. going for the jugular this off season 

I hope the Rams get him and I really want them to win a superbowl soon. Sucky teams being able to turn it around only validates the awfulness that is Redskins Park.

9 hours ago, PortisBetts said:

Not sure how much I approve of this move because he definitely brings talent, but his personality....yeah Washington could probably do without that in the locker room.

Finally got to the point where there wasn't "rumor from the Washington locker room is" every other day.

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

I hope the Rams get him and I really want them to win a superbowl soon. Sucky teams being able to turn it around only validates the awfulness that is Redskins Park.

Fortune favors the bold.  People like to talk about the Patriots way and how they shun this and that.  But they are ballsy and work angle after angle.  Roseman and the Eagles, ditto.   It can also blow up on you -- but no guts no glory.

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

I second this. I definitely wouldn't mind some more new blood in the super bowl. I have nothing against the Rams, and I always liked McVay.

Honestly, having McVay win a super bowl 2 years after leaving the Skins would be a great "hahaha **** you" to Dan/Bruce.

Archived