Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

23 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

If the Washington Redskins don’t sign Hankins, it’s not the end of the world. They will have saved themselves a bit of cap space in the future. But the need on the defensive line will linger into draft season, and the team could ultimately be forced to spend an early pick on a defensive lineman, whereas with Hankins, they would have the privilege of draft flexibility, and the presence of another proven starter in the trenches.

Agreed, Hankins and McPhee both signed would give true flexibility. Things will be fine if they make no moves until after the draft. Heck, a couple weeks ago I barley knew who McPhee was. There will be a lot of post draft and June first cuts that will bring talent and fill the roster. The draft could be best player available. 

All that said, I sure wish Hankins reevaluated his agent situation...and dumped their sorry arses! 

19 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Not seeing any chance skins sign or draft a safety:

Nicholson’s extremely high level play forces them to give him a year to show he can stay healthy. 

He was the best player on the field when available. All pro kind of impact. 

Can't have too many elite rb's who play multiple positions so if James or Minoan is there I wouldn't be mad at the pick. Montae played great but he was hurt. I remember thinking we had a stud in KJ too.

22 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

448!!

Wow, for only 1 Alex ?

10 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Sheeeeit, you sendin’ the wolf. Tha’s cool and the gang!  I’ll chill the ES’ers out. 

Thats all you had to say. 

44 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Hankins is probably waiting for Suh to sign and see if that will increase his price tag.  Also, Vrabel, HC of the Titans was with Ohio State when Hankins was there so he might be an option for the Titans if they lose out on Suh and they have more cap money (around $40 mill) that we do.  Food for thought.

Makes sense on Hankins end -- whomever the losers are on the Suh chase might jump in and chase Hankins afterwards.  Rams in particular seem to be in a go for the kill mode so if they lose out -- Hankins would be a good backup plan.

4 hours ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

People still act like pot is a big deal? There is 450 grams in a pound dude, id say he's far from a drug trafficker. And it's the off-season, if he wants to smoke some pot who cares...

Yeah but that still doesn't change the fact that trying to bring 2oz of random weed into Costa Rica is kinda like trying to smuggle your ugly sister into a strip club.

What is the point in that?

:rofl89:

8 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I don't even care about Hankins anymore..just draft Payne and be done with it..younger,cheaper and better upside..

I’m in the same boat..if a player comes in,is offered a contract that means the team is inviting you to join them..if that said player does not answer within a reasonable amount of time,then keep it moving..would he help our team,yeah possibly??..but in the long run I feel that we’d want to build off players who WANT to be on ur team,not just there for the money!!..I’m so sick of the snatch and grab guys who just want the paycheck and that’s all that drives them..and yes,I know-I know it’s a business and I’d want to do the same..but we need to draw the line on players in positions like this-it makes us sound so desperate,harping on if this guy is signing or not..I didn’t follow the colts at all last season but if he was Such a difference maker then why was he released in the first place..and real talk,if he really was considering us at all dont cha think he would’ve signed here last year when we were looking at him then..he would definitely be an upgrade over what we have and possibly change how we approach the draft as to who we’d pick if he was signed but I’d rather draft,bring in a young and hungry guy instead of checking the ticker every 15 mins wishing he was on our team!!..if he signs great,if not who care!!..NEXT????

Man,if it’s true that McPhee is gonna be signing with us then I’m really cool with that..watching highlights of him,he’s a solid dude in size and moves pretty good off the line..I think he’ll be an upgrade over Murphy leaving,not quite the jump as Gallett had(before his ankles blew up..Twice)but he’ll defiantly fill a hole that needed to be plugged..Welcome to the team bruh!!!

4 minutes ago, Murphs56 said:

So the depth chart at the Linebacker position is pretty much set if McPhee signs.

ILBS: Starters: Brown & Foster. Reserves: Vigil, Harvey-Clemons, Spaight

OLBS: Starters: Kerrigan & Smith. Reserves: McPhee, Anderson.

I don’t mind that one bit.....so long as we get at least one more starting quality fat boy to put between those OLB’s

1 minute ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

I don’t mind that one bit.....so long as we get at least one more starting quality fat boy to put between those OLB’s

Could be a great position to trade back in the draft if somehow Roquan or Edmunds are still available 

4 minutes ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

For sure. But I fear that not getting an impact fat boy in FA will force us to pick DL in the first instead of keeping the trade back option open. 

with the talent available it should be possible to do both

If its true I like the move, Junior had a PFF of 82.4 and Mcphee was a 79.9, McPhee has more size and versatility than Junior.

I found this quote from one of Falcons team sites where they were talking about signing him "he’s a quality pass rusher with experience at defensive end, defensive tackle, and linebacker".

1 minute ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

For sure. But I fear that not getting an impact fat boy in FA will force us to pick DL in the first instead of keeping the trade back option open. 

I think Bruce & the Front Office want to get that third round pick back. Those 2 guys being available might get the job done. 

Archived