Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/36042/alex-smiths-deal-provided-cap-space-so-why-arent-the-redskins-spending-big

Keim: Payne is intriguing because he’s only 20. He wasn’t considered a great pass-rusher at Alabama, but in watching some of his film he had a terrific first step -- often ahead of the other linemen. But on his second and third he was too upright, affecting his rush. Take care of that and you could have a very good pass-rusher as well as a run-stopper.

Remember, also him and Allen bring immediate chemistry from college

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Calm down.  It’s still early offseason.  Gotta play it cool.  Can’t be desperate and overpay guys.  

Agreed.  But standing pat, and relying on the kind of low-ball offers the Allen-led Skins FO is offering, is probably going to wind up with the Skins chasing after JAG FAs near the end of the free agency period.

Guess what?  FAs and their agents are aware that the Redskins are not exactly the poster-examples of a principled NFL franchise in how they deal with free agents -- especially their own.

So, enjoy the comp picks, but remember it's still relying on the same Redskins FO scouting department that should have been overhauled years ago.

19 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Calm down.  It’s still early offseason.  Gotta play it cool.  Can’t be desperate and overpay guys.  

I totally agree - I think they will probably sign a NT at a reasonable price.  I hate to say anything positive about Allen, but I like the way he is handling this year.

12 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I totally agree - I think they will probably sign a NT at a reasonable price.  I hate to say anything positive about Allen, but I like the way he is handling this year.

Then he won't be any good. Good ones that improve the team aren't reasonably priced, by BA's definition. But you can get a guy.

4 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Then he won't be any good. Good ones that improve the team aren't reasonably priced, by BA's definition. But you can get a guy.

You negative Nellie you!  I think we get Logan or Hankins.  Remember a certain linebacker we got last year late at a decent price.  A signing of one of these 2 gives us James at 13, rb at 12 second- guard in 4th- or a trade down

@UK SKINS FAN '74 -- Sorry you don't care for my perceptions of the management of this franchise, based on many years of close observation.

I'll only comment that I was way more optimistic, years past.  I don't think, if an owner is truly interested in reviving a franchise that crashed under his ownership... that he would resorted to Allen as the guru to lead the way.

19 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

You negative Nellie you!  I think we get Logan or Hankins.  Remember a certain linebacker we got last year late at a decent price.  A signing of one of these 2 gives us James at 13, rb at 12 second- guard in 4th- or a trade down

It's Nancy not Nellie u silly..

15 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

It's Nancy not Nellie u silly..

Great, another good football debate here:

Top definition

negative nellie

Someone who is pessimistic about everything; constant complainer. Glass half empty kind of person, negative outlook on life.

You complain about everything, you're such a negative Nellie!

Patriots safety Duron Harmon allegedly nabbed with pot in Costa Rica

Police at Juan Santamaría International Airport found 58 grams of marijuana inside a can of iced tea, along with other marijuana oil and paraphernalia, according to the Costa Rican newspaper, La Nación.

The Costa Rica Star, meanwhile, reported the paraphernalia included three pipes with cannabis oil, a THC candy and four glass containers of compressed marijuana weighing 4.3 grams. Harmon, who arrived from Fort Lauderdale, was briefly detained and then sent back to the U.S.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/03/patriots_safety_duron_harmon_allegedly_nabbed_with_pot_in_costa

Any chance he gets released by Belichik?  and would we kick the tires?

38 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

@UK SKINS FAN '74 -- 

I'll only comment that I was way more optimistic, years past.  I don't think, if an owner is truly interested in reviving a franchise that crashed under his ownership... that he would resorted to Allen as the guru to lead the way.

I suppose you could make a case for 2004, 2005, 2015. Other than that, I can't think of a year over the past 26 seasons that I was " way " more optimistic than now.

1 minute ago, dav87sc said:

Patriots safety Duron Harmon allegedly nabbed with pot in Costa Rica

Police at Juan Santamaría International Airport found 58 grams of marijuana inside a can of iced tea, along with other marijuana oil and paraphernalia, according to the Costa Rican newspaper, La Nación.

The Costa Rica Star, meanwhile, reported the paraphernalia included three pipes with cannabis oil, a THC candy and four glass containers of compressed marijuana weighing 4.3 grams. Harmon, who arrived from Fort Lauderdale, was briefly detained and then sent back to the U.S.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/03/patriots_safety_duron_harmon_allegedly_nabbed_with_pot_in_costa

Any chance he gets released by Belichik?  and would we quick the tires?

Kick the tires on a drug trafficker.  Really? REALLY?

11 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I suppose you could make a case for 2004, 2005 and 2015. Other than that, I can't think of a year over the past 26 seasons that I was " way " more optimistic than now.

Love your avatar.  It fits.  

Really?  This is your most optimistic year?  Then, you'd better get in line quick for  2018 season tickets.  

Me, I'm  a little more jaded, and Snyder/Allen will not get any of my money.

I

5 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Kick the tires on a drug trafficker.  Really? REALLY?

I am not a drug guy, but those numbers seem like personal use amounts, not necessarily trafficking.

I am not even advocating that we do, I was curious as to the thought process.  We certainly have had a few busts that couldn't get their acts together and quit the weed to keep a career in the NFL.

This guy was picked up last year by the Pats on a 4 year deal and was named a captain.  He certainly seems to have the football side down.

I would also expect that there will be a suspension that has to be dealt with too.

18 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Really?  This is your most optimistic year?  Then, you'd better get in line quick for  2018 season tickets.  

Me, I'm  a little more jaded, and Snyder/Allen will not get any of my money.

Not what I said.

and

possibly.

15 minutes ago, dav87sc said:

I

I am not a drug guy, but those numbers seem like personal use amounts, not necessarily trafficking.

I am not even advocating that we do, I was curious as to the thought process.  We certainly have had a few busts that couldn't get their acts together and quit the weed to keep a career in the NFL.

This guy was picked up last year by the Pats on a 4 year deal and was named a captain.  He certainly seems to have the football side down.

I would also expect that there will be a suspension that has to be dealt with too.

If your dumb enough to bring 56 grams of weed, oil, edibles and whatever else across an international border then your an idiot. Good player or not we don't need those problems or that mentality on the team. Just saying.

9 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

What's the charge for getting pushed out of a moving car? Jaywalking?

Trafficking will be the charge with that amount. 

My two cents on Hankins. The Redskins made a fair offer that the team is comfortable with. If another team makes a better offer I believe the Redskins will match plus extra signing bonus to put them over the top, but ONLY if another real offer gets made. Until then it’s the waiting game 

7 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

If your dumb enough to bring 56 grams of weed, oil, edibles and whatever else across an international border then your an idiot. Good player or not we don't need those problems or that mentality on the team. Just saying.

I agree with this thought, I was interested to see others' perspectives.

9 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

My two cents on Hankins. The Redskins made a fair offer that the team is comfortable with. If another team makes a better offer I believe the Redskins will match plus extra signing bonus to put them over the top, but ONLY if another real offer gets made. Until then it’s the waiting game 

This makes sense.  Why should the Skins outbid themselves.  The question is will they increase their offer if another teams bids higher.  Time will tell. :)

When it comes to players nobody is bigger than the Washington Redskins, I really want Hankins as a Redskin because it in my opinion will give the Skins one of the top DL in the NFL. But one thing I would do is offer Hankins or whichever player you have visiting your top contract offer you think that certain player is worth, then you give him a timetable as to when you want your answer, if they don't want the contract or don't reply then move on, don't let the player make you hang on and on for his answer. He either wants to be a WASHINGTON REDSKIN or doesn't we need to move on.

HTTR 

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

@UK SKINS FAN '74 -- Sorry you don't care for my perceptions of the management of this franchise, based on many years of close observation.

We've pumped a 70mil deal into Alex Smith, I thinks he's as good as Cousins, we've picked up our #1 FA receiver target on a 40mil deal and brought back our own #1 FA in Brown. Let's see what gives with Hankins. We've let several mid range talent players walk for comp picks.

No need to be sorry about anything, your opinion is as valid as the next ES member. I simply don't think that specific post I responded to was relevant to this offseason, irrespective of the fact that Bruce is a dick or the franchise has been mis managed for years.

Archived