Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

10 minutes ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Speaking of comp picks for next year anyone have a link or updated lost of picks the Skins should be awarded?

3,5,6,7 pending the Pryor contract details, and whatever happens with Galette, Breeland, or who we sign from the free agent pile of players who's contracts have expired.

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

Kick the tires on a drug trafficker.  Really? REALLY?

People still act like pot is a big deal? There is 450 grams in a pound dude, id say he's far from a drug trafficker. And it's the off-season, if he wants to smoke some pot who cares...

If you think he's the only player who likes pot and enjoys it in many different forms (edibles, hash oil, flower, etc) then you've lost your mind. And he isn't the only millionaire athlete flying internationally with it either before you call him stupid for doing so. Again, it's the off-season man...

If the Pats are ignorant enough to cut ties with him over something so silly I'd absolutely bring him in for a visit. And it would be more than "kicking tires" because Harmon is a good player.

People are so quick to write people off in today's society it makes me sick. Hyper sensitive, social media court of public opinion bs. 

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Because they arent nearly as dysfunctional as us? Plus (don’t quote me on it) but I believe both of those teams have more wins than us this past decade and for the most part haven’t made as many ridiculous decisons in such a public manner as we have. 

I question that considering Jerry Jones once he got rid of Johnson was heavily known for meddling, and the 49ers have had ownerships problems, forced out successful coaches and all kinds of BS

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

Calm down.  It’s still early offseason.  Gotta play it cool.  Can’t be desperate and overpay guys.  

What Jules says is exactly how we need to play this. And what about Eric Reid's asking price? Can we for once be bold and sign a talent the rest of the league is shy to. Could be cheap.

28 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

People still act like pot is a big deal? There is 450 grams in a pound dude, id say he's far from a drug trafficker. And it's the off-season, if he wants to smoke some pot who cares...

If you think he's the only player who likes pot and enjoys it in many different forms (edibles, hash oil, flower, etc) then you've lost your mind. And he isn't the only millionaire athlete flying internationally with it either before you call him stupid for doing so. Again, it's the off-season man...

If the Pats are ignorant enough to cut ties with him over something so silly I'd absolutely bring him in for a visit. And it would be more than "kicking tires" because Harmon is a good player.

People are so quick to write people off in today's society it makes me sick. Hyper sensitive, social media court of public opinion bs. 

Seriously. Save the pot crusade for someone else.  Pro franchises have obviously higher standards than you. If a pro athelete who gets paid millions is dumb enough to bring drugs in to another country then what else is he capable of? It's the off season but he obviously can't turn his habit on or off based on his desision to bring his own with him knowing that there is risk associated with that. Its just stupidity in its raw form.

39 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Would almost be like us cutting Trent for it.

3 hours ago, dav87sc said:

Patriots safety Duron Harmon allegedly nabbed with pot in Costa Rica

Police at Juan Santamaría International Airport found 58 grams of marijuana inside a can of iced tea, along with other marijuana oil and paraphernalia, according to the Costa Rican newspaper, La Nación.

The Costa Rica Star, meanwhile, reported the paraphernalia included three pipes with cannabis oil, a THC candy and four glass containers of compressed marijuana weighing 4.3 grams. Harmon, who arrived from Fort Lauderdale, was briefly detained and then sent back to the U.S.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/03/patriots_safety_duron_harmon_allegedly_nabbed_with_pot_in_costa

Any chance he gets released by Belichik?  and would we kick the tires?

Why would we want a soon to be suspended player??

1 hour ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Actually 448 grams,16 ounces,36 halves,64 quarters,or 128 eighths in a lb btw,just saying!!

7 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

I'm guessing the thinking is, if you can get a really good player at a cheap price, and the only extra price you pay is losing him for 4 games, and it's his first offense, the reward may be greater than the risk and price.

Not saying I totally agree, as I'd have to know more about the situation. But I can understand the thinking.

1 minute ago, Mr.Will said:

I agree.....we had to deal with Tanard Jackson a few years ago with his suspension. 

Wishful thinking is that Derwin James falls to us at #13.

27 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Seriously. Save the pot crusade for someone else.  Pro franchises have obviously higher standards than you. If a pro athelete who gets paid millions is dumb enough to bring drugs in to another country then what else is he capable of? It's the off season but he obviously can't turn his habit on or off based on his desision to bring his own with him knowing that there is risk associated with that. Its just stupidity in its raw form.

Totally agree..players actually play a game,for millions of dollars for only 3-10 years on average(he couldn’t wait till he retires at least)your employer expects a certain level of professionalism for you to earn those millions of dollars(to play a game as an adult),set an example for the thousands of children that pay to watch you and idolize you as well..it shows how selfish he was as to go thru all that effort to conceal the dope to smuggle into another country..he’s held to a higher standard once he signs the contract,he knows what is expected of him once he does..he should be embarrassed for trying to pull that and will be extremely lucky if the team and/or league doesn’t try to set an example of him!!

1 hour ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

I have no issue with them doing what they want during the off season....... I just don't want the stupid ones on our team. 

The marijuana debate seems to pop up about every six months in here.  

I’ll start this off by saying I am a marijuana supporter (on all levels of use).  I’ll follow that statement up by saying my view about marijuana, or anyone else’s for that matter, carries exactly zero weigh in this debate.  The NFL has made their policy very clear and every player knows what they are signing up for when they sign that first contract. In my opinion, it shows a lack of intelligence and/or carelessness when a player tests positive or is charged with possession.  Why risk the signing of a player that has already had one strike?  I can understand hanging on to a player you have already invested in (TW) and giving them a second chance, but why invest in a player that already has one strike against them?  Seems like more risk than reward to me. 

On 3/23/2018 at 6:15 PM, HigSkin said:

This is funny..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922910/article/johnny-manziels-potential-nfl-landing-spots-eight-team-fits

8) Washington Redskins: Alex Smith is the guy in Washington, but Dan Snyder isn't afraid of making headlines with his team. Furthermore, Manziel could be an ideal successor to Smith a few years from now. Both have similar styles of play, with Manziel being slightly more mobile. He'd fit into Jay Gruden's offense seamlessly and in the same vein as Smith, with the added benefit of learning behind Smith for at least a couple of years.

That guy is an idiot. Manzell is not an NFL QB and it has nothing to do with his social life. 

Hankins situation update...

https://riggosrag.com/2018/03/24/washington-redskins-updating-johnathan-hankins-situation/

I know you all are itching for news on Johnathan Hankins. So am I. To put it simply, there isn’t any news right now. But there is much to take away from what’s happened so far.

Hankins officially visited the team’s facility on Monday. He left the area without a deal later that day. The Washington Redskins hosted edge rusher Pernell McPhee and defensive lineman Sylvester Williams later in the week, and Hankins went on one other visit, to the Detroit Lions’ facility. No deals materialized from any of those visits.

Johnathan Hankins remains on the free agent market. And according to ESPN’s John Keim, the Washington Redskins are still very interested in the 6-foot-3, 320 defensive tackle. They’ve remained in contact with Hankins throughout the week. A deal is certainly not out of the question.

The fact that a deal has not been struck yet is telling, however. The Washington Redskins have a good amount of cap space remaining, more than most other NFL teams not based in San Francisco or Cleveland, and they could restructure contracts to make more room for Hankins’ contract.

The fact that not just the Redskins, but all teams have been apprehensive to cave to Hankins’ demands shows that Hankins is asking for an unpopular amount of money. Last year, he signed a deal worth $9 million with the Colts. He could be looking for something around that range again.

Hankins’ agent, Kevin Poston, is notorious for demanding exorbitant sums for his clientele (and himself, by commission). Hankins’ asking price, by the way of demand, could be forced to come down. But he will not come cheap, regardless.

No more expected visits have been reported for Hankins, but that could change soon. As long as his demands remain as high as they are, however, teams will settle for cheaper options, and it is likely that Hankins’ agent will have to settle for less. When that time comes, the Washington Redskins may offer a contract. And that contract could be more enticing for the receiving party.

For now, however, the situation is still in flux. If the Washington Redskins don’t sign Hankins, it’s not the end of the world. They will have saved themselves a bit of cap space in the future. But the need on the defensive line will linger into draft season, and the team could ultimately be forced to spend an early pick on a defensive lineman, whereas with Hankins, they would have the privilege of draft flexibility, and the presence of another proven starter in the trenches.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

The fact that not just the Redskins, but all teams have been apprehensive to cave to Hankins’ demands shows that Hankins is asking for an unpopular amount of money. Last year, he signed a deal worth $9 million with the Colts. He could be looking for something around that range again.

I doubt he's looking for the same money. I suspect he's looking for a big time raise.

I think if he was looking for a contract equal to his last salary then there wouldn't be so many teams failing to sign him. If it was just us I'd put it down to Bruce Allen's usual stinginess and  need to "win" the negotiation. However, if it's everyone... then it's not about the teams but the player (or more specifically, the player and his agent)

18 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

https://riggosrag.com/2018/03/24/washington-redskins-updating-johnathan-hankins-situation/

I know you all are itching for news on Johnathan Hankins. So am I. To put it simply, there isn’t any news right now. But there is much to take away from what’s happened so far.

Hankins officially visited the team’s facility on Monday. He left the area without a deal later that day. The Washington Redskins hosted edge rusher Pernell McPhee and defensive lineman Sylvester Williams later in the week, and Hankins went on one other visit, to the Detroit Lions’ facility. No deals materialized from any of those visits.

Johnathan Hankins remains on the free agent market. And according to ESPN’s John Keim, the Washington Redskins are still very interested in the 6-foot-3, 320 defensive tackle. They’ve remained in contact with Hankins throughout the week. A deal is certainly not out of the question.

The fact that a deal has not been struck yet is telling, however. The Washington Redskins have a good amount of cap space remaining, more than most other NFL teams not based in San Francisco or Cleveland, and they could restructure contracts to make more room for Hankins’ contract.

Hankins’ agent, Kevin Poston, is notorious for demanding exorbitant sums for his clientele (and himself, by commission). Hankins’ asking price, by the way of demand, could be forced to come down. But he will not come cheap, regardless.

No more expected visits have been reported for Hankins, but that could change soon. As long as his demands remain as high as they are, however, teams will settle for cheaper options, and it is likely that Hankins’ agent will have to settle for less. When that time comes, the Washington Redskins may offer a contract. And that contract could be more enticing for the receiving party.

For now, however, the situation is still in flux. If the Washington Redskins don’t sign Hankins, it’s not the end of the world. They will have saved themselves a bit of cap space in the future. But the need on the defensive line will linger into draft season, and the team could ultimately be forced to spend an early pick on a defensive lineman, whereas with Hankins, they would have the privilege of draft flexibility, and the presence of another proven starter in the trenches.

Hankins is probably waiting for Suh to sign and see if that will increase his price tag.  Also, Vrabel, HC of the Titans was with Ohio State when Hankins was there so he might be an option for the Titans if they lose out on Suh and they have more cap money (around $40 mill) that we do.  Food for thought.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Seems like the Skins are leaning heavily on the "build through the draft" philosophy.

Not just the way they've dealt in FA, but also when you factor in all the comp picks they're setting themselves up with.

OTOH, they gave up a 3rd and a young, talented, about-to-be-a-third-year draftee.  

I’ve said before, the FO is walking a fine line - save their jobs in the short term, and prepare for the long term.  I think they’re doing a better job of the latter so far, but they aren’t doing too badly at the former as of now, with plenty of time to go.  

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

I agree.....we had to deal with Tanard Jackson a few years ago with his suspension. 

Wishful thinking is that Derwin James falls to us at #13.

Me too..my fingers are crossed that we get him at 13??..him 1st & Fitzpatrick 2nd..I know we “need” DL help desperately to stop the run but stud DB’s are bout as hard to come by and I honestly think he’d be an immediate plug and play type of guy we need as much as on the line!!..there’s a couple guys that if we pulled the trigger on I’m totally cool with,I just hope it’s on the defensive side of the ball whoever it is??

2 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

But how many dimes?

448!!..unless ur slack then 550 or so-lol

Not seeing any chance skins sign or draft a safety:

Nicholson’s extremely high level play forces them to give him a year to show he can stay healthy. 

He was the best player on the field when available. All pro kind of impact. 

Archived