Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

The next special election is March 13, in a western PA district that should be a Trump stonghold.  This was the one where the sitting rep, Tim Murphy, had to resign because, despite his public stance as vehemently anti-abortion, he pressured his mistress to get an abortion. A loss in the working class Pennsylvania district, which the president won by 20 percentage points, would show that few GOP seats are safe, even when the R candidate isn't a crazy child molester that gets banned from public places for being too creepy.  

The Republican, Rick Saccone, is a state rep and former Air Force officer. 

The Democrat, Conor Lamb, is an ivy league educated federal prosecutor and former Marine.  

The Republican should win this race.  If they don't, or if it is very close, that will more strongly signal a coming Democrat wave because the candidate himself seems fairly strong (as opposed to the Alabama senate special election). 

Attention seeker looking to prolong his time in the sun. 

First, he's caught and publicized for leaking papers to Wikileaks, like it was the Pentagon Papers. (Wikileaks used to discredit people instead of the Government itself)

Second, he's convicted and imprisoned, becoming a cause celebre.

Third, he decides to further his time in the sun, because he was becoming invisible in jail, to say he's transgender, grabbing more headlines and the support of the political transgender movement.

Fourth, things are calming down from the transgender thing until a transgender person is elected to the Virginia House of Delegates, unseating a far right Republican.

Fifth, he decides to up the ante to run for the U.S. Senate in Maryland as a Democrat running against an incumbent Democrat. 

Of course he'll lose the primary because it's hard to unseat a Democrat incumbent in Maryland. But he'll get lots of attention. 

He'll go back into obscurity, until the next attention seeking opportunity.

Where are these people going to find jobs? They are part of Trump's base voters. After the Walmart companies come in and shut down small, local businesses, there aren't businesses who can hire there fired workers. 

So on top of businesses tax savings from the tax scam, they'll have more profit by firing employees and/ or hiring them back at the newly created, lower wage positions! 

Yay for business, **** you little people!

https://thinkprogress.org/walmart-fires-thousands-after-bonus-annoucement-47df627e0e04/

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

She's not fit for office anywhere.  She is not a serious person and beyond that, she's a traitor.

Is she a Republican? Being a traitor and conspiring with foreign enemies seem something that party rallies around these days.

Yea, I don't understand the Chelsea Manning thing.  I did not follow what he (at the time) did or the fallout, but I know it wasn't something that equates to a qualification for being an elected official of any kind.  And yet, she gets attention from serious news outlets.  This seems akin to like if Ray Rice all of a sudden announced he was running for Governor in NJ.  Like, ok, you can say that but nobody has to take you seriously or pay any attention to you.  

20 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, I don't understand the Chelsea Manning thing.  I did not follow what he (at the time) did or the fallout, but I know it wasn't something that equates to a qualification for being an elected official of any kind.  And yet, she gets attention from serious news outlets.  This seems akin to like if Ray Rice all of a sudden announced he was running for Governor in NJ.  Like, ok, you can say that but nobody has to take you seriously or pay any attention to you.  

My conspiracy theory is that it’s a play by Glen Greenwald. Greenwalds only interest is to turn the liberals into paranoid anti-government activists. 

Chelsea Manning being a somewhat national figure is his way of interjecting his brand of paranoia into liberal politics.

Expect a lot more articles like this from The Intercept: https://theintercept.com/2018/01/15/centrist-dems-launch-smear-campaign-against-young-trans-woman-all-to-keep-an-old-straight-white-man-in-power/

They are going to try and nationalize this race using Manning’s profile.

Also, Maryland is demographically a bad state for a candidate like Manning. But since it’s part of the DC media market, it’s easier to get more exposure.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:08 AM, No Excuses said:

She’s running as a Democrat. Attention play.

Challenging Ben Cardin in a primary. Don't see Manning getting past Cardin. For Cardin, the strategy is simple. Be polite and calm and don't really attack Manning. Stay positive and talk about your key issues. 

Archived