Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you aren't motivated already to vote in the mid-terms, then I recommend you watch the just released Michael Moore documentary, "Fahrenheit 11/9".

After watching that, you should be motivated.

He doesn't just go after Trump/GOP but Hillary/Obama/Dems.  He explains what he felt lead to Trump's election and ties that to 2018's election. There's also a focus on 3 issues- Flint, MI water crisis, WV teacher's strike and Parkland, FL school shooting.   It's one of his better documentaries and if you aren't motivated to vote after watching that; then you can't complain.

He was the first guest/pre-panel guy on Bill Maher last night and talked a little bit about Obama's visit to Flint at the supposed near-end of the water crisis, and using abandoned parts of Flint for military training without notice to nearby residents. Scared the **** out of them from what he said. I usually wait for his movies when I can catch them for free free, but I might go check this one out in the theater. 

7 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

He was the first guest/pre-panel guy on Bill Maher last night and talked a little bit about Obama's visit to Flint at the supposed near-end of the water crisis, and using abandoned parts of Flint for military training without notice to nearby residents. Scared the **** out of them from what he said. I usually wait for his movies when I can catch them for free free, but I might go check this one out in the theater. 

That part I found really shocking.  I didn't even know they could do that. The fact they didn't even tell the residents was appalling.  Seemed scary when seeing it on screen.

20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you aren't motivated already to vote in the mid-terms, then I recommend you watch the just released Michael Moore documentary, "Fahrenheit 11/9".

After watching that, you should be motivated.

He doesn't just go after Trump/GOP but Hillary/Obama/Dems.  He explains what he felt lead to Trump's election and ties that to 2018's election. There's also a focus on 3 issues- Flint, MI water crisis, WV teacher's strike and Parkland, FL school shooting.   It's one of his better documentaries and if you aren't motivated to vote after watching that; then you can't complain.

It has been a LONG time since I felt inclined to listen to anything that dude has to say.

6 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I feel like there is some secret NRCC plan to make themselves look as terrible as possible and their opponents as cool and great as possible.

Exhibit, oh, what are we at, 20?  30?  Exhibit number a lot.

Maybe they're trying to make us feel bad for them so they get pity votes?

I think the only way Ted Cruz can get anything he wants is likely through pity. Though he's such a super creepy scummy guy who's almost universally disliked by people he's known in the past and knows now that I doubt it's ever really worked. Though he does have a wife (and they've ostensibly had sex at some point, and more than once)...so there's a mystery. 

On 9/22/2018 at 9:37 AM, Larry said:

@twa, you do realize that you just posted a tweet which was written to illustrate what scum the guy you support is?  (And which succeeded). 

Interviewer asks each candidate to say something they admire about their opponent - Beto says (only) nice things about Cruz, Cruz uses his time to attack Beto, and Beto responds with a nod and “True to form.”  It was hilarious.  

Went to dinner the other night with some other couples that we don’t know all that well.  First thing I was asked by two of the husbands (separately) - “did you watch the debate?”   That was a great feeling.  :)

27 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

yikes, Georgia has a balanced budget requirement

Republicans need to get ahead of this type of stuff because if Dems take back the house and then the Senate and Presidency in 2020, they are going to pass universal healthcare and find ways to improve teacher pay, college tuition reform etc and once they implement those policies, it will be hard to be the political party that was against all of these popular policies that improved so many lives. 

Hell, UBI could be on the table at some point between 2020 and 2030

https://poll.qu.edu/florida/release-detail?ReleaseID=2572

In the Florida U.S. Senate race, which could be critical to control of the Senate this year, Democratic incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson moves into a 53 - 46 percent likely voter lead over Gov. Rick Scott, the Republican challenger, according to a Quinnipiac University Poll released today. 

I assume the poll about favorability has more to do with the (D) umbrella being more big tent, relying on a bigger diversity of people to vote for them which translates to more people being unhappy about the party at any given time, where as the (R) usually sticks with one message at all times (even if they fail to deliver) and the people left are loyal.

58 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I assume the poll about favorability has more to do with the (D) umbrella being more big tent, relying on a bigger diversity of people to vote for them which translates to more people being unhappy about the party at any given time, where as the (R) usually sticks with one message at all times (even if they fail to deliver) and the people left are loyal.

Well, R favorability is the highest it's been in 7 years and 9 points higher than a year ago, so however you slice it, it's not good for Dems coming 42 days before election day. 

31 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

I refuse to believe Gillum is winning until the final votes come in from the Panhandle.

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Gillum is winning.  Every GOPer I know hates Desantis. 

I need to start researching.  I vote in the panhandle but don't currently live there so I miss out on a lot of the news.

Archived