Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Voting and serving on juries are our highest responsibilities as citizens.

eh...supporting yourself and paying taxes for the roads and ****. Then vote and lose that jury letter if you don't want to skip work

1 hour ago, visionary said:

RT journalist.

Someday we're going to wise up and literally lock up Russia inside its own borders, both physically and digitally, and tell them they aren't allowed back in public until they overthrow their mob leadership.

The Rs dont seem very concerned, nowhere near worried enough after this last revolting display of their true nature and to me that's a tell, somethings up. They believe the fix is in, the midterms can and will be rendered moot, and when they try we will see the utter fury that has been building up explode. We are on the cusp.....

The biggest scam going right now is people getting their names mysteriously unregistered from the rolls and/or having their registrations rejected to vote for no legitimate reason.

And no one apparently is willing to do a major investigation and/or news story about it.

It should be headline news every day until November. That's the only way these shenanigans will stop.

19 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Someday we're going to wise up and literally lock up Russia inside its own borders, both physically and digitally, and tell them they aren't allowed back in public until they overthrow their mob leadership.

That's not gonna work, their propaganda machine is too powerful.   The more we try to squeeze their economy to get Putin out of office, the more the population turns on us.  

I think we need to reevaluate how we do these sanctions.  When they are on entire country like Russia, you'd think it'd change things, but Putin is beyond rich and going to keep killing off his competition.  These type of sanctions may have brought Iran to the table, but its jus making our relationship with the people of Russia worse, its backfiring.

We shouldn't sanction entire countries to go after a handful of people, not when they are basically oligarchs and could care less.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The battle between Wexton and Comstock is heating up.  As the endless attack ads keep rolling, first we had the tag line of “Don’t get Wetoned” and now we have “...more like Trumpstock”.

This **** it brutal.  I wish it would be over soon.

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The battle between Wexton and Comstock is heating up.  As the endless attack ads keep rolling, first we had the tag line of “Don’t get Wetoned” and now we have “...more like Trumpstock”.

This **** it brutal.  I wish it would be over soon.

Latest poll has Wexton up by 7.

http://wasoncenter.cnu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Oct-3-CD10-Report-Final-2.pdf

Comstock has always been a great fundraiser, because she is a career politician with strong DC connections.  So she's going to flood the zone.  I don't think she's ever really been embraced by her district (where I grew up) because she isn't from there and her politics are now very out of step with a district with a lot of college grads and strong connection economically to the federal government.  

25 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Latest poll has Wexton up by 7.

http://wasoncenter.cnu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Oct-3-CD10-Report-Final-2.pdf

Comstock has always been a great fundraiser, because she is a career politician with strong DC connections.  So she's going to flood the zone.  I don't think she's ever really been embraced by her district (where I grew up) because she isn't from there and her politics are now very out of step with a district with a lot of college grads and strong connection economically to the federal government.  

I’m not in their district either, but it’s amazing how much money has been spent on this race.

Havent heard a peep out of Corey Stewart yet, so I assume Kaine will trounce him.  I don’t know if anyone is even running against Connolly.

44 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Can you translate that for me?

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m not in their district either, but it’s amazing how much money has been spent on this race.

VA-10 is a swing district in an expensive media market.  Comstock is an excellent fundraiser, but Dems really want her out.  Those things mean money is gonna get spent.  Right now, that race is ranked 7 in terms of House races in money spent.  

Havent heard a peep out of Corey Stewart yet, so I assume Kaine will trounce him.  I don’t know if anyone is even running against Connolly.

Yes, Kaine is going to win by a very large margin.  Connolly is opposed by some nobody named Jeff Dove, the result is not in question.  Same with Don Beyer in VA 8.  

Can you translate that for me?

The Democrat's House committee is so confident that it is going to win the races in the DC market that it is going to stop running ads soon and move money elsewhere.  

I don't under the "victimization" narrative.  Are those who have been assaulted (sexually or otherwise) not victims?  That doesn't mean that individuals will handle it differently and/or how it effects the rest of their lives will be different, however what is the crux of the narrative that Cramer is trying to push, "Just get over it?"

Archived