Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

I'm seeing bigger numbers than 65k.

WaPo says:

As of noon Tuesday, less than 48 hours after SwiftÂ’s post, more than 169,000 new people had registered on the site to vote, spokeswoman Kamari Guthrie told The Washington Post on Tuesday.

That put the number of new voters registered on the site in October, to date, at 240,329. By comparison, the group said 56,669 new voters registered in August and 190,178 registered in September. In October 2016, there were 405,149 new registrations on Vote.org for the whole month.

That said, registering is easy and you can do it from your phone.  Actually voting requires people to actually go to a place on a certain day.  So, we'll see.  A classic clash between the laziness of 18-25 year olds v. their zombie-like devotion to a pop princess.  

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm seeing bigger numbers than 65k.

WaPo says:

That said, registering is easy and you can do it from your phone.  Actually voting requires people to actually go to a place on a certain day.  So, we'll see.  A classic clash between the laziness of 18-25 year olds v. their zombie-like devotion to a pop princess.  

More like certain days. Early voting here in NC starts October 17. If one can't find an hour to go vote during a two plus week window I'm not sure what else can really be done. Election day a federal holiday? Mandatory voting? Meh people will always find an excuse not to show up just like jury duty.

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

100% correct. Are these younger folks going to stand in line to vote? I will have my doubts until they prove me wrong. Like the Redskins coming out of a bye week. They'll never look great until they do for a few years in a row.

5 minutes ago, clietas said:

More like certain days. Early voting here in NC starts October 17. If one can't find an hour to go vote during a two plus week window I'm not sure what else can really be done. Election day a federal holiday? Mandatory voting? Meh people will always find an excuse not to show up just like jury duty.

I'm not saying anything else can or should be done.  I'm simply pointing out the fact that young people have a much lower propensity to vote.  

Figure 4. Reported Voting Rates by Age: 1980-2016

13 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

In Texas you can register by mail or in person. 

and in school and at the drivers license office and.... 

you gonna vote early?...10/22/18-11/2/18

Archived