Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Yes, just get over it. Because if you believe the Bible, women were created to serve men in whatever way men want, and we're supposed to shut up about it because that's the way it is. 

It's that women aren't really human thought, right up there with any one other than a white male.

16 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Like it says, if you are already registered, make sure you haven't been mysteriously purged since 2016.

It is happening.

Florida is saying they are crazy busy.  They've asked all people wanting to register as Democrats to register on the 10th and the GOP on the 9th.

25 minutes ago, visionary said:

Its amazing to me this new awakening across Conservative White America regarding coded racial language used to inspire voters. Its not like black people didn't tell you all this since Nixon ran for POTUS in 1968, for goodness sake.

This site is following the mess going on across America with voter registration.

Voter suppression and denial is the soil from which all these other ills grow. This isn't new, it didn't start in '68, it has been going on actively since the Civil War. 

THIS is the crucial, keystone issue that ought to be targeted, majority participation of the electorate denies the fringes (ALL the fringes) power.

9 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Its amazing to me this new awakening across Conservative White America regarding coded racial language used to inspire voters. Its not like black people didn't tell you all this since Nixon ran for POTUS in 1968, for goodness sake.

33 minutes ago, Larry said:

I thought I was supporting your point, not refuting it.  

You are.

My point isn't about you. It is about this thinking by a lot of conservatives who are pretending that they didn't know the GOP spent the last 40+ years racial dog whistling.

I made a thread a while back about conservatives having no idea of the history of their ideology. It comes from this stuff.

21 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Latest poll has Wexton up by 7.

http://wasoncenter.cnu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Oct-3-CD10-Report-Final-2.pdf

Comstock has always been a great fundraiser, because she is a career politician with strong DC connections.  So she's going to flood the zone.  I don't think she's ever really been embraced by her district (where I grew up) because she isn't from there and her politics are now very out of step with a district with a lot of college grads and strong connection economically to the federal government.  

Update:  The latest poll now has Wexton up by 12, which explains the DCCC not bothering to spend money there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/democrat-wexton-leads-rep-comstock-by-12-points-in-northern-va-district-survey-finds/2018/10/08/9b4a42e2-c829-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html?utm_term=.d376820edb2f

President TrumpÂ’s unpopularity fuels a clear lead for Democrat Jennifer Wexton over Rep. Barbara Comstock (R), putting a prized northern Virginia district within reach for Democrats for the first time in almost four decades, a new Washington Post-Schar School poll finds.

A month before the midterm election, Wexton, a state senator and former prosecutor, is ahead by 12 points, 55 percent to 43 percent among likely voters.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Comstock's PAC has some attack ads that are amazingly weak. It's all "Wexton was a prosecutor that was soft on crime because of PLEA BARGAINS!" As if thousands more trials for the district would be an effective way to manage this? Do they think NOVA's voters are this dumb? I don't get it. 

14 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Comstock's PAC has some attack ads that? are amazingly weak. It's all "Wexton was a prosecutor that was soft on crime because of PLEA BARGAINS!" As if thousands more trials for the district would be an effective way to manage this? Do they think NOVA's voters are this dumb? I don't get it. 

Yep.  That one is as dumb as the one where Comstock chides Wexton for OMG RAISING TAXES ... which (1) paid for badly needed roads and part of the Silver Line, (2) was a bipartisan bill signed by a Republican Governor (3) happened before Wexton had entered politics and (4) Comstock attended the ribbon cutting (i.e., took credit) for the Silver Line paid for by funds she is now using to attack her opponent.  

Archived