Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

https://www.cookpolitical.com/analysis/house/house-overview/house-rating-changes-five-more-races-move-towards-democrats

House Rating Changes: Five More Races Move Towards Democrats

CO-06: Mike Coffman (R) - Toss Up to Lean D ←
NY-02: Peter King (R) - Solid R to Likely R ←
NC-13: Ted Budd (R) - Lean R to Toss Up ←
PA-01: Brian Fitzpatrick (R) - Lean R to Toss Up ←
TX-31: John Carter (R) - Likely R to Lean R ←

I was at the  2018 AHIMA National Convention in Miami Beach yesterday and they had a guest Q&A with Karl Rove and Dona Brazile and a local reporter.  The topic was supposed to be about healthcare but that ended up being the final question.

The spent most of the hour talking about politicos, what else.   Donna was cautious about the election.  She said she wouldn't say there was a blue wave. She did say the Dems have alot of enthusiasm. She says she feels the Dems will have a good night but they can't get complacent because what happened in 2016 could happen again. Karl of course said the GOP will probably keep control.   They both agree turnout will be key. Who turnsout, will decide the election.  The midterms historically favor the GOP since their voters turnout whereas the Dems are relying on people, who don't come out to vote.

Donna was a riot. Had the audience laughing so much.  Ironically, she even had something nice to say about George Bush and what he did for Louisiana after Katrina.  She even says, she got over her anger over the 2016 election and prays for Trump; though she said God hasn't been listen to her prayers yet.

To bad we don't see bitter rivals get together to much anymore.

Exhibit 82 in Barbara Comstock:  Profile in Courage.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/rep-comstock-declines-to-say-if-she-believes-her-friend-kavanaughs-accusers/2018/09/26/237a91da-c023-11e8-9005-5104e9616c21_story.html?utm_term=.9415662be97f

Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.), one of the loudest voices of the #MeToo movement on Capitol Hill, swiftly called for the resignation of lawmakers accused of sexual misconduct.

But as the congresswoman faces a tough reelection fight, she has reserved judgment of Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh, her longtime friend, amid allegations of sexual assault.

SURPRISING!

Image result for surprised gif animated

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Is Corey Stewart even actively running?  I live in VA, I haven't heard a peep from that guy.  Do I need to be on the dark web or some ****?

His people had a booth up at the Arlington County Fair a few weeks ago. The libertarians party booth had more activity.

There was a LGBTQ+ Pridefest in Richmond last weekend, and someone paid for a banner plane to fly overhead with the banner saying  "Save Our Monuments-Vote Corey Stewart". Not sure if it was a coincidence, trolling, or what, but I'm fairly positive the message did not reach his target demographic there.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Nobody with any decency or human compassion should vote R.

Nobody should vote/not vote for someone solely based on the letter after their name.  Try some actual research first.  

*That said, I can't think of anyone with an R that I would vote for.  But I will still at least give them a look.

19 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Nobody should vote/not vote for someone solely based on the letter after their name.  Try some actual research first.  

*That said, I can't think of anyone with an R that I would vote for.  But I will still at least give them a look.

The GOP has forfeited their right to be in power.  It's been slowly building, really for the last 25 years.  It started with the election of Bill Clinton and some of the things they did while he was President.  Then it went on to Bush Jr.  It really came to blow during the Obama years and we are seeing the full result of 25 years of moral bankruptcy, corruption in the Trump era.

The greatest threat to the U.S.A. is the GOP.  I know whatever remaining good Rs they are; are deluding themselves.  The view this as an aberration that will go away, post Trump. They are wrong.  The GOP of 2018 is a culmination of 25 years.  It's being amplified during the Trump era.

These CINOS- Conservatives in Name Only; have destroyed conservatism forever.  I don't care if the Rs of today aren't really practicing true conservatism.  Conservatism is forever tainted and will be associated with the actions of today's CINOs.  

The good ones need to separate from today's GOP and start over.  It will be slow haul but their will be an opening; this corrupt GOP/Rs will soon collapse under the weight of their immorality and corruption. 

For now, the only real alternative to stop the Rs is to not vote for any Rs.  The Dems are only alternative for now.  This corrupt GOP needs to be completely wiped out from power.  Anybody voting for the GOP are just contributing to the Demise of the U.S.A.  What about the good Rs and true Conservatives; as I said. They need to start over.  They need to start now; so that when the corrupt GOP collapses; the will have something to replace it and be an alternative to the Progressives and Dems.  

Archived