Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

My gut says Snyder’s turning all Football Operations over to Urban.

- He needs someone to get fans back to the stadium. 

- He needs to generate some excitement and a proven winner. 

- It makes football sense due to his current roster. 

Snyder’s not good at Football Opps, but has great Marketing Instincts.  I don’t see him having Meyer in his owner’s box, getting fans all excited, and then hiring a no name.

Urban Meyer to run everything is a classic Dan Snyder move, but in this case it could make football sense as well. 

9 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That’s worse. No, just that Danny will hire someone who’s a combination of Vinny and Bruce.

Sooo...like Bruce from the waist up and vinny from the wast down? Or are we talking about left side is Bruce and right side is vinny?

I had no idea Dan was working on a Bruce/Vinny Frankenstein....or is it Frankenstien? Like Gene Wilder insisted....

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In their defense do you always make up your mind and stick to that decision-thought for a month without wavering?  Often probably yes but I doubt always.   Like Keim said based on what he's hearing right now he's out.  But sometimes when he hears smoke it doesn't always bear out.  I don't see that as hedging bets, to me that's just citing human nature. 

our local beat people have a history of telling us how they all knew things before they happened, but they don’t tell us until after

and all they do beforehand is hedge their bets. 

They even get beat on stories by out of market people. See la confora and the Trent Williams situation. He was the only one that had it right. All our beat reporters kept regurgitating team talking points about how it was all about money for months. 

I’ve lost any respect I had for the local people. They’re not breaking ground. They’re just riding the trending news at any given moment. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Feels so strange knowing that my fandom is almost done. Dan do the right thing and get rid of this bum sell the team!!

FTFY...

Unfortunately, we'll have to deal with this stunted douche for decades more. They can and should fire Allen, problem still remains: Snyder is picking his replacement

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Seems like Dan may be grooming Alex for his new BFF position, I didn't see that coming but someone has to take Bruce's place.

Alex seems to be a really nice guy. Someone who was respected and liked everywhere he was. So if that's true, let's hope Alex rubs off more on Snyder than vice versa.

1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

This just in..... Bruce is still here. 

That is all.

He will still be here.

Bruce will be reassigned,  so he won't have a visable roll in the front office. Dan will not want Bruce to go out this way, being a loser that he is. He will keep Bruce in some other capacity; so if any success actually happens,  Bruce will be there.

Dan will not hire a gm first, unless he promotes someone in the front office now. I doubt that happening. He will use the gm vacancy to try to lure a big name. The gm/personnel guy will be someone  the new head coach wants.

I personally think Dan will have a problem getting a quality coach and we will end up with someone desperate to coach in the nfl; like a Rex Ryan.

The GM will be someone like Doug Williams or Riddick.

I fully expect to be diassapointed with Bruce not leaving and the coaching and gm choice. 

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He will still be here.

Bruce will be reassigned,  so he won't have a visable roll in the front office. Dan will not want Bruce to go out this way, being a loser that he is. He will keep Bruce in some other capacity; so if any success actually happens,  Bruce will be there.

Dan will not hire a gm first, unless he promotes someone in the front office now. I doubt that happening. He will use the gm vacancy to try to lure a big name. The gm/personnel guy will be someone  the new head coach wants.

I personally think Dan will have a problem getting a quality coach and we will end up with someone desperate to coach in the nfl; like a Rex Ryan.

The GM will be someone like Doug Williams or Riddick.

I fully expect to be diassapointed with Bruce not leaving and the coaching and gm choice. 

Nailed it.

I will give Sheehan props for his show today, although it really goes to Ivan. He was angry and woke me up today and it was hilarious. Sheehan was basically going off the assumption of Dan being hated and asked if they moved the team how would we feel about getting an expansion franchise if we got the same deal as the Browns got. But Ivan responded that Dan's not hated and its just liberal bias and, honestly I couldn't even hear most of it because he was yelling but it definitely made me laugh. 

But it goes back to my thoughts about Bruce and Vinny and Dan. I despised Vinny, and I despised Dan because he wouldn't fire Vinny. I don't feel nearly as negative towards Bruce as I did towards Vinny. Mainly because we have a more functional Front office than Vinny. We aren't seeing the results on the field, but our drafts have been better since Scot left and we have a core to build around which we never had with Vinny. That said Bruce (and Dan)'s off the field stuff I trend more negative towards them but it doesn't mean I dislike them

45 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I will give Sheehan props for his show today, although it really goes to Ivan. He was angry and woke me up today and it was hilarious. Sheehan was basically going off the assumption of Dan being hated and asked if they moved the team how would we feel about getting an expansion franchise if we got the same deal as the Browns got. But Ivan responded that Dan's not hated and its just liberal bias and, honestly I couldn't even hear most of it because he was yelling but it definitely made me laugh. 

But it goes back to my thoughts about Bruce and Vinny and Dan. I despised Vinny, and I despised Dan because he wouldn't fire Vinny. I don't feel nearly as negative towards Bruce as I did towards Vinny. Mainly because we have a more functional Front office than Vinny. We aren't seeing the results on the field, but our drafts have been better since Scot left and we have a core to build around which we never had with Vinny. That said Bruce (and Dan)'s off the field stuff I trend more negative towards them but it doesn't mean I dislike them

You really think Bruce did the work in deciding which players to draft?

That was work of others in the front office.  When Bruce does the front office, we see what happens. 

49 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I heard that this morning.  Often times I compare some of the folks here who defend the FO to those who support outrageous politicians.  Everything they don't like hearing is 'fake news'.  Ivan sounded just like those guys.  

Who knows if true but on 106.7 today

Junkies said they heard Dan is considering reassigning Bruce so he can keep his buddy in house.

Russell doesn't think he is reassigned, he thinks he retires

Jerry Brewer thinks something happens, he's not sure if he's reassigned or not but sees it as a possibility.  And he goes if he is reassigned he'd still be ruling that FO because the dude is the master of the politics in that office and has Dan's ear. 

The off season can't come soon enough.  I just want to see what unfolds. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You really think Bruce did the work in deciding which players to draft?

That was work of others in the front office.  When Bruce does the front office, we see what happens. 

No, I think hope and pray that he had no impact. But the front office as constructed can put together a good team because they have. Actuallt we can say that FOs they Bruce constructed have put together good teams 3 times :2012, 2015 and now. But Bruce by himself ruined the first two and I'm confident he'd ruin this one. That's why I'm not in favor of him staying

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who knows if true but on 106.7 today

Junkies said they heard Dan is considering reassigning Bruce so he can keep his buddy in house.

Russell doesn't think he is reassigned, he thinks he retires

Jerry Brewer thinks something happens, he's not sure if he's reassigned or not but sees it as a possibility.  And he goes if he is reassigned he'd still be ruling that FO because the dude is the master of the politics in that office and has Dan's ear. 

The off season can't come soon enough.  I just want to see what unfolds. 

I hope Russell is right.  If Allen ends up staying I hope we tank again.  Not because I want us to lose but because MOST to ALL fans want Allen gone.  Snyder is doing a disservice to the entire fanbase and seems like he doesn't care if Allen stays.  How many tweets and fan signs must he see.  IF Allen stays it tells me that Snyder doesn't care at all.

25 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I hope Russell is right.  If Allen ends up staying I hope we tank again.  Not because I want us to lose but because MOST to ALL fans want Allen gone.  Snyder is doing a disservice to the entire fanbase and seems like he doesn't care if Allen stays.  How many tweets and fan signs must he see.  IF Allen stays it tells me that Snyder doesn't care at all.

The fact that Snyder is undecided about Brucifer after all this time and 100 losses indicates he doesn't care one bit what any fans think. Either that, or he believes the fans chanting for Bruce's firing, or to sell the team, or holding up banners are all just trolls, which is what Bruce has been telling him for years. He seems content to wait until the team starts winning again and it doesn't seem to matter that if they win it will be an accident, and not resulting from good planning.

Archived