Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Now? Damn, we're 3-11, so we are not good. We've got a good young nucleus of players this year, but let's not crown them yet. QB is still a major question mark for us, our supposedly franchise back is once again on IR, twice in 2 years, and we'll have tough decisions to make in the offseason. The team is fighting and showing some hope, but we're far from being good yet. And I'm pretty sure that if Jay wasn't canned after 0-5 we wouldn't sit here at 3-11 as well.

Yeah I may be doing what I (and fans) tend to do which is overvalue our own players, but I really feel like we have a strong core of players developing here. I thought a similar thing in 2015 and then the Kirk saga began. Right now we have this Trent saga which could have been a bump in the road and instead we're seeing it become a major mountain. And that's what I'm afraid of. Heck, no I'm not. That's what I know will keep Bruce from letting this develop into a really good team. 

I was listening to Al Galdi And Doc today and they had Ben Standig on and Galdi mentioned that Bruce thinks that controversies are just a part of the game. So he doesn't try to avoid them. I cringed when I heard that because I was a Bruce supporter based on my thoughts that he was able to tame Al Davis. But it seems like its the opposite, like Al Davis taught him how to create controversies. But he's not doing the whole "just win baby" which could make the controversies a bit more manageable

46 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I don’t think Dan’s worried about losing Bruce’s friendship.  He might be worried about losing momentum for a new stadium. If Dan was that worried about friendship, Bruce would still be sitting in the box after games.

Momentum? The new stadium has about as much momentum as a salt-covered slug LOL!

I can’t believe Danny is a bad enough businessman to put his friendship with Brucie above the best interests of the franchise... wait a sec... yes, I can.

12 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Momentum? The new stadium has about as much momentum as a salt-covered slug LOL!

I can’t believe Danny is a bad enough businessman to put his friendship with Brucie above the best interests of the franchise... wait a sec... yes, I can.

"Team president Bruce Allen says fans can expect more information about a new Washington Redskins stadium in the next year, as the team preps for a post-FedEx Field world in 2027.

A timeline for a new Redskins stadium, according to a radio interview with Allen, calls for a decision on a facility sometime in 2022 and a new stadium opening for the 2027 NFL season, after the FedEx Field lease expires. The team has been focused on a new facility, not a renovation of FedEx Field."

So the question is: Is Bruce axed after 2022 then? Probably not. Maybe this is why Bruce might be re-assigned to a non-football operation part of the Team. The new GM reports to Dan and not Bruce. It could still work out. 

Keim has suggested that any reassignment for #2 (from Austin Powers) that involves him still working and reporting to Redskins park would not work. That he has a vice grip on the building. 

I hope they kick him to the curb. If you want to give him an office in one of other business’ than so be it. But remove the melanoma, don’t just let it chill.

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I swear the Rams and Raiders had stadium deals lined up in a year. How is it it takes Snyder 10+?

Because bruce is in charge of the "search" and probably selling Snyder a bill of goods on that just like the pee wee football team he put together. 

1 hour ago, zskins said:

"Team president Bruce Allen says fans can expect more information about a new Washington Redskins stadium in the next year, as the team preps for a post-FedEx Field world in 2027.

A timeline for a new Redskins stadium, according to a radio interview with Allen, calls for a decision on a facility sometime in 2022 and a new stadium opening for the 2027 NFL season, after the FedEx Field lease expires. The team has been focused on a new facility, not a renovation of FedEx Field."

So the question is: Is Bruce axed after 2022 then? Probably not. Maybe this is why Bruce might be re-assigned to a non-football operation part of the Team. The new GM reports to Dan and not Bruce. It could still work out. 

Where is this info from?  Is there a link to this?  If so, please post it or is this you speaking out loud? 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Where is this info from?  Is there a link to this?  If so, please post it or is this you speaking out loud? 

I don't quote myself....lol 

What I said was after the quote.  :)

Point taken though. Here is the link: https://footballstadiumdigest.com/2019/07/allen-expect-new-redskins-stadium-announcement-in-next-year/

15 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm not in a position to evaluate the credibility, but passing along for folks to contextualize as they see fit. Interestingly there is more certainty to this tweet than the one about Arthur Smith.

Again, TK on this site posted pretty much the same info about Arthur Smith like you did in the Skin Next Coach thread. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Again, TK on this site posted pretty much the same info about Arthur Smith like you did in the Skin Next Coach thread. 

Sure, but both Kgskins26 and TK floated Smith's name as a "keep your eyes out" post. But Kgskins26 seems very certain that Bruce is being shown the door, and the Trent situation has a significant piece to do with it. I think that's interesting.

Nothing but rumors bro.  That's all they are and should be clarified as so.  JMO.  Otherwise, you get ES posters all worked up.  Not trying to be a smart &^%.  :)

Also, TW doesn't really deserve a increase in contract.  He hasn't played a full season since 2013.  He'll be 32 next year and has been banged up the past few seasons even though he sat out this entire season really doesn't make that big a difference to me.  He has miles on him and it shows.  I love the guy but his days as an All Pro are over, I think.  He still good but he can't last a entire season anymore.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Nothing but rumors bro.  That's all they are and should be clarified as so.  JMO.  Otherwise, you get ES posters all worked up.  Not trying to be a smart &^%.  :)

Also, TW doesn't really deserve a increase in contract.  He hasn't played a full season since 2013.  He'll be 32 next year and has been banged up the past few seasons even though he sat out this entire season really doesn't make that big a difference to me.  He has miles on him and it shows.  I love the guy but his days as an All Pro are over, I think.  He still good but he can't last a entire season anymore.

Yup, like I said I'm not making a statement any which way about credibility - just seeing the tweets and posting them straight from the source for people to make up their own minds.

As for Trent, from a pure football standpoint I tend to agree with you. That said, given how much damage Bruce and Co have done to the org's reputation, repairing the relationship with Trent after such a public and sharp fallout would be a great way to signal the tides have turned under a new administration in Washington. Would do a lot to rehab our image IMO.

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

76 years old. No.   He wasn't that great of a coach.  He just happened to coach a team that went on 2 Superbowl runs.

I agree with your point but Technically he is 73.  Still, I agree 100% on the no.  I want some with some fire in their belly.  Some that wants to win so bad that loses make them miserable.  Make them work even harder.  That’s who we need.  

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

76 years old. No.   He wasn't that great of a coach.  He just happened to coach a team that went on 2 Superbowl runs.

In terms of statistics but to me owning the once undefeated cheatriots and their so called genius coach twice in the SB makes him very good ;)

I don't think he's desperate enough to work for danny boy. Time to retire Tom.

7 hours ago, zskins said:

The big worry: it still leaves him in the building with access to Danny’s ear and we all know how Danny just wants to be liked. He’s like a middle-aged kid who wants everyone to like him, but likes to take a magnifying glass to ants and doesn’t get it when everyone hates him.

6 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I swear the Rams and Raiders had stadium deals lined up in a year. How is it it takes Snyder 10+?

The team isn’t even a draw and home and he has no friends other than the ones he pays to hang out with him. He’s lost all political help in the DMV (even from those who were willing to help) and absolutely no one wants public dollars for a sports stadium.

Archived