Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

8 hours ago, visionary said:

I wanted to create a thread on this, and still may, but like @Destino said many on this forum either won't take it serious or just ignore it, or get upset that it has to do with race.

This is a bigger tragedy than whoever is in the  White House. Its another example of people looking down and taking from those below them than demanding more from above. There are a lot of remnants from slavery and Jim Crow south as well. Just horrible.

20 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I wanted to create a thread on this, and still may, but like @Destino said many on this forum either won't take it serious or just ignore it, or get upset that it has to do with race.

This is a bigger tragedy than whoever is in the  White House. Its another example of people looking down and taking from those below them than demanding more from above. There are a lot of remnants from slavery and Jim Crow south as well. Just horrible.

I know a place in Southern MD 10 minutes from my house that is like that. If you go to the left where the road splits, there are big horse farms of the water; if you go to the right, its back woods shacks full of poor folks (most are black, although some are white), some of who don't even appear to have power or indoor plumbing. 50 miles from the White House. :(

Edited by Zguy28
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I know a place in Southern MD 10 minutes from my house that is like that. If you go to the left where the road splits, there are big horse farms of the water; if you go to the right, its back woods shacks full of poor folks (most are black, although some are white), some of who don't even appear to have power or indoor plumbing. 50 miles from the White House. :(

This country has successfully silenced its Indigenous Persons to the point that they have nothing.

And the war on poverty quietly became the war against the poor. It is not even talked about during campaigns anymore from all sides of the political spectrum. Like its accepted that people have to live in abject squalor for our system to function. Especially poor black people.

• Sad 2

Let's face it. Roy Moore is going to win. It's Alabama. No fine upstanding white man is going to vote for a democrat who prosecuted KKK members - an unjustified persecution that led to the breakup of them negro families and the epidemic of homosexuality, all for the sake of political correctness.

Roy Moore, because George Wallace was too liberal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The Fox poll is a get out the vote message to the white supremacists, pedophiles, child molesters, and other morally bankrupt Republican voters in Alabama.

It also allows them to continue to push the narrative that all polling is biased and flawed.

See Trump Approval numbers...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Man, state polling is wild.  Most polls have Moore +X, up to around +10, and then Fox News has Jones +10 among likely voters.

It is possible that Fox is trying to scare conservative voters to come out tomorrow.   I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The Fox poll is a get out the vote message to the white supremacists, pedophiles, child molesters, and other morally bankrupt Republican voters in Alabama.

Or its somebody signalling that "look, he's gonna lose anyway. We need to abandon him."

28 minutes ago, Predicto said:

It is possible that Fox is trying to scare conservative voters to come out tomorrow.   I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

I don't either, but the one thing that hopefully would stop them is that the one thing that gets you thrown out of 538 is faking/manipulating polling data.

Not that I think many people at Fox care, but they were actually an A rated pollster at 538.  So their usual practices aren't supposed to be THAT bad and their creditibility outside of themselves would take even more of a hit.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Man, state polling is wild.  Most polls have Moore +X, up to around +10, and then Fox News has Jones +10 among likely voters.

Fox uses a different likely voter criteria.

We will see tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Oh my god look at his hands.  He's about to grab her.  Run little girl, RUN!

While that was my first though, it looks like he is describing what shape ass he likes.

• Haha 1