Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

This will only embolden Moore supports unfortunately. I have a getaway weekend with a bunch of friends from high school this week. One of them is a hardcore Trump guy...I can't wait to see what he thinks about Moore, Trump, etc. He's a fascinating idiot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

One thing that Roy Moore (I find him to be repugnant btw. As an evangelical, I sadly have to keep saying that) has shown is that their is no statute of limitations in the court of public opinion. How should we take the time lapse into consideration, if at all? In his case, it happened 40 years ago, and there is no evidence that he is like that since. Is it the nature of the crime? Is it for all time, no matter what?

I know in Moore's case, its a bad example since he also has doubled down on lies about the accusers etc, but in general, is there a point where we say enough time has passed and it has proved that a person is not the same anymore?

What if Roy Moore had come out at the beginning and said "Yes, that was me in the 1970's. I did those bad things. But that hasn't been me for 40 years. I ask forgiveness and am stepping away." Would that change anybody's opinions?

If he hadn't been an outrageous scumbag for the past 40 years, yes it would.  That is the Robert Byrd principle (i'm sure there are GOP examples, not saying it's a Democratic thing)

But Moore has been a goddamn disgrace for the past 40 years, so no way.  His abuse of authority as Alabama Chief Justice is legendary.  His public statements are reprehensible.  Fuggattaboudit.  

17 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The Leanna Tweeden allegation is dubious, tbf.

I say that because there is video of her sexually harassing/assaulting men there, she is a birther, and Roger Stone had the story before it hit the press.

The other women tho? If Franken was out there grabbing women by the ass, then he has to go. I just dont buy Leanna Tweeden's story. You can say I sound like a dog and unsympathetic, but there is too much funny sided stuff in her story that makes it hard for me.

I'm kind of in agreement with you on that.  Doesn't matter - he had to go.

12 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:
This is probably the end of Gloria Allred's career.

Nope.  Not unless you can show Allred was behing the forgery (which I serously doubt).  

What this does mean is that Roy Moore is going to win this election easily.   Doesn't matter if there are 10 accusers - if one of them looks like a liar, Moore is scot free.  

Young is disappointing. I wish people would just tell the truth. 

Moore certainly has made many statements and actions to call into question his fitness for public office. 

There's still standing the accusation of the woman he violated when she was fourteen, plus his known mall trolling. 

12 minutes ago, twa said:

Gloria will keep being Gloria  after a Schutlz impression.

True.  To be fair, she probably didn't know.  Allred has had a very long career in the public eye, and has never been found to have committed any misconduct as an attorney.  Being obnoxious and opportunistic is not the same thing.   

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

No it won’t. All minds are made up at this point. 

It will affect turnout.  Those who were embarassed to vote for Moore but want to vote for him because he is on "their side" will come out and vote.  Those who oppose him will be discouraged and less likely to vote.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Predicto said:

It will affect turnout.  Those who were embarassed to vote for Moore but want to vote for him because he is on "their side" will come out and vote.  Those who oppose him will be discouraged and less likely to vote.

I don’t buy that for a second. Not when there are this many accusers and people literally have know this about him for a while. Plus, throw in his wonderful slavery quote making the rounds today and nothing in this race has changed. 

Edited by Hersh

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I don’t buy that for a second. Not when there are this many accusers and people literally have know this about him for a while. Plus, throw in his wonderful slavery quote today and nothing in this race has changed. 

Wishful thinking.  What are the headlines that low information Alabama voters are going to see for the next few days on their Facebook feeds?  "Moore Accuser Admits She Forged blah blah blah."    

This is like a mini version of the Comey "investigation into Hillary" which was released right before the election last fall.  The timing of the story and the news cycle are going to affect turnout and kill Jones' chances.   

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Wishful thinking.  What are the headlines that low information Alabama voters are going to see for the next few days on their Facebook feeds?  "Moore Accuser Admits She Forged blah blah blah."    

This is like a mini version of the Comey "investigation into Hillary" which was released right before the election last fall.  The timing of the story and the news cycle are going to affect turnout and kill Jones' chances.   

And you really believe they weren’t already seeing those headlines in their newsfeeds for the last 2-4 weeks? Come on now. This has been baked into people’s minds already.

So I went and looked into a little (I'm on lunch and bored) seems she's admitted to adding notes under the message. Not that she forged part of it. 

Look at who is saying it's forged. And look what she said. 

She added the date and the location. The message and signature is all his. 

That's so so dirty if Fox. They officially tried thier hand at lying to people to effect the government. That **** shouldn't be allowed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Predicto said:

It doesn't matter.  The spotlight is on the accuser now, not on Moore.   The chatter is going the wrong way.  The election is in 4 days.  

Maybe. Of course I have been assuming Moore was going to win regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Predicto said:

It doesn't matter.  The spotlight is on the accuser now, not on Moore.   The chatter is going the wrong way.  The election is in 4 days.  

Probably true.  But it seemed likely he was going to win the past few days anyway.

ugh just imagine this guy could be a senator for years.

Edited by visionary

Yeah, they will be like, well one lied so they all lied. 

I bet this is why Allred all but disappeared right after she offered to give the yearbook to an independent examiner, then nothing.

Edited to update for breaking news of Fox's subterfuge.

Is this what we have to look forward to on the eve of future elections? 

First Comey's letter about Hillary, and now this? 

If people don't think this right out of the Nazi propaganda playbook, they have been successfully brainwashed.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

37 minutes ago, Predicto said:

True.  To be fair, she probably didn't know.  Allred has had a very long career in the public eye, and has never been found to have committed any misconduct as an attorney.  Being obnoxious and opportunistic is not the same thing.   

I agree, she is not that stupid.

Not allowing the yearbook to be examined was probably deliberate though