Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

1 hour ago, twa said:

I think he is probably guilty, and I think this is a coordinated political attack more than concern for the victims/outrage over his actions.

Sucks either side will 'win'.

I'd consider that a reasonable enough projection, and have to add that not long after the Weinstien floodgates opened I was going to post that I could just  imagine Roger Stone seeing the value of this me too shift as a new target rich environment for his brand of dirty pool and get his troops and veritas types all going after that stuff---and when franken's stuff appeared, i thought that was what stone's work would look like---not that it was, jutst as illustration

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

I am just somewhat saddened that in the midst of all the Sturm und Drang lot of people in Alabama are seeing their holiday season wrecked, their state overrun with snotty condescending others treating them poorly, that THIS is the defining narrative for people that have little or no say in any of it. Yes, they have their share of ignorant assholes (who doesn't?) but they also have beautiful women, funny old guys, brave first responders, moms baking up wonderful Xmas goodies, little kids staring rapt at store displays, in other words the entire gamut of humanity that you might find anywhere, and they are Americans too. It is hateful to see us tear at ourselves this way, we have be better than this.

I don't fee bad for Alabama at all.  The people there DO have a say in this.  Long before Roy Moore was outed as a kiddie grabber, he was a rotten, divisive, dishonest, racist, sexist, homophobic clown of a judge who ignored the constitition and repeatedly ignored the law and defied federal and state authority in favor of his own brand of bigotry. 

And the good people of Alabama elected him to be their Chief Justice, and when was removed for blatant misconduct in office, they elected him AGAIN.  And if this recent kiddy grabbing stuff hadn't come out, he would have been elected to the Senate by an overwhelming majority - because he is exactly what the majority of Alabama voters want to represent their values.

If the rest of the world is "snotty and condesending and treating Alabama poorly" is is because Alabama earned it the old fashioned way.  Alabamans should stop whining about how badly they are being disrespected and start electing people who are less reprehensible.  

24 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Who coordinated the attack?

Outside Agitators and Carpetbaggers, of course.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Predicto said:

HEARTWARMING: watch roy moore and this girl sing Baby It’s Cold Outside just in time for christmas

If I remember correctly, part of the song involved a conversation where the woman had snuck out without telling her parents and the guy was trying to get her to stay and drink some more alcohol.  At least the Louis Armstrong and Velma Middleton version. Fantastic, did they do that part, too?

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

Alabama knows the truth no matter what they say publicly to save face. They know. Still, I have no faith that they won't elect a pedophile, racist, homophobe, and jurist who was so bad he was kicked off the bench twice.

I mean, I don't get it.  You can make the argument that the victims are all lying, but he actually did get banned from a mall for his behavior?  Is the mall run by a bunch of liars as well?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Who coordinated the attack?

Does it matter? :)

Of course it could just be coincidence it happened just after the primary and before the election.....and of course Moore may be totally innocent of the accusations.

Or it could be like Franken and somewhere in between.......things are not important till they are.

38 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I'd consider that a reasonable enough projection, and have to add that not long after the Weinstien floodgates opened I was going to post that I could just  imagine Roger Stone seeing the value of this me too shift as a new target rich environment for his brand of dirty pool and get his troops and veritas types all going after that stuff---and when franken's stuff appeared, i thought that was what stone's work would look like---not that it was, jutst as illustration

I could imagine some friendly fire on both Franken and Moore as well.(doesn't take much imagination ;))

Most folk are not as pure in motive as some.

14 minutes ago, twa said:

Does it matter? :)

Of course it could just be coincidence it happened just after the primary and before the election.....and of course Moore may be totally innocent of the accusations.

When things are on the line, some brave people are willing to step forward in a way that they weren't before.  It doesn't mean that anything is coordinated, and it doesn't make it any less true what they are saying.

I know a woman who was sexually harassed at work, and she didn't say anything because she didn't want to risk her career or disrupt her life any further.  She hates to be the center of attention.  But if the guy who did it suddenly ran for the US Senate, I bet she would go public.   

And then of course the jerks would attack her motivations in a passive aggressive manner, because that's what jerks do.   

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Predicto said:

When things are on the line, some brave people are willing to step forward in a way that they weren't before.  It doesn't mean that anything is coordinated, and it doesn't make it any less true what they are saying.

I know a woman who was sexually harassed at work, and she didn't say anything because she didn't want to risk her career or disrupt her life any further.  But if the guy who did it suddenly ran for the US Senate, I bet she would go public.   

And then of course the jerks would attack her motivations in a passive aggressive manner, because that's what jerks do.   

Could be, but then he has been in office a long time.....is Senator that much more than heading up the state court?

Come to think of it Franken was elected to the Senate wasn't he?

It is true sometimes victims need a little motivation and events provide it.

10 minutes ago, twa said:

I could imagine some friendly fire on both Franken and Moore as well.(doesn't take much imagination ;))

Most folk are not as pure in motive as some.

agreed, and i wasn't implying the dems have no dirty ops of course...just that since the 50's or earlier  they've been way less competent most of the time and much less energetic than their rivals.....there can be the argument made of one side being more vile than the other in that time, but so subjective :D:P

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Predicto said:

I know a woman who was sexually harassed at work, and she didn't say anything because she didn't want to risk her career or disrupt her life any further.  She hates to be the center of attention.  But if the guy who did it suddenly ran for the US Senate, I bet she would go public.   

I knew a lady who revealed privately that part of her "baggage" was that she was molested in elementary school along with another girl. She told her parents and a teacher and nobody believed her. She still won't go public with it or tell me who it is. It sent her down a path of severe anxiety and addiction.

Edited by Zguy28
  • Sad 4

22 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I knew a lady who revealed privately that part of her "baggage" was that she was molested in elementary school along with another girl. She told her parents and a teacher and nobody believed her. She still won't go public with it or tell me who it is. It sent her down a path of severe anxiety and addiction.

Part of my baggage is from being molested as a child and hiding it(aside from ya'll).....I am not unsympathetic, nor tolerant if I can intervene now.

Some never escape victimhood.

36 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

If she came forward now, twa would be leading the charge to cast doubts on her motivations.  :) 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Predicto said:

If she came forward now, twa would be leading the charge to cast doubts on her motivations.  :) 

If she came forward during a election....probably

I might even do it for a Dem candidate.:)

59 minutes ago, twa said:

Could be, but then he has been in office a long time.....is Senator that much more than heading up the state court?

Yes.  State Supreme Court is Alabama only, and you know that if you speak up, you are going to get a purely Alabama reaction (and it won't be pretty either).  

The fact that so many other sexual harassment and molestation claims have come out in the past few months across the nation (and have been given a fair hearing by the public) probably emboldened them as well.

cnn started their coverage of tonights elect yesterday with basically  an entire day of "tomorrow we'll bring you an entire day of coverage"

effectively making it two entire days of covering this one election

i do not think this helps for people who want Moore to lose.

3 hours ago, twa said:

I think he is probably guilty, and I think this is a coordinated political attack more than concern for the victims/outrage over his actions.

Sucks either side will 'win'.

this is a chicken**** "all sides are equally egregious" copout 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Creeper used to hang out at dance recitals where he didn't have any young relatives performing.   I can't think of a single male I know that wouldn't fake an injury and go to the ER to get out of going to a dance recital.  

Dude's got severe issues.

Honestly, that's not a bad idea.  Advertise recitals and any dudes who show up without relatives there probably are pedos who should be on watchlists.

To Catch A Predator: Dance Edition

• Like 1
  • Haha 3