Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

3 hours ago, Predicto said:

I understand the frustration.  But the value of having legislators who actually know how to write, evaluate and pass legislation is much more important than people seem to understand.

Yeah, they seem to be doing a real good job of it

• Like 2

On 12/14/2017 at 4:08 PM, tshile said:

Yeah, they seem to be doing a real good job of it

Some truth there.

On the other hand, if you used term limits to get rid of a pathetic hack congressman from rural Texas, what kind of person do you think is going to replace him?  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Some truth there.

On the other hand, if you used term limits to get rid of a pathetic hack congressman from rural Texas, what kind of person do you think is going to replace him?  

I value experience. I don't think their job is easy.

I understand there are committees and chair positions that necessitate experience.

I also think it's a club of lawyers who have forgotten it's a civil service not a lifetime career.

I'd prefer a solution better than arbitrary term limits. I don't know what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Twa.

Oh, Hell No.

I will take the pay to stay away though.

add

first town hall meeting I had would have mass casualties....I don't even like my customers much.

Edited by twa

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

Some truth there.

"Who y'all talkin' bout?"

chucklehead-gohmert.jpg

Kansas Democrat Andrea Ramsey drops out of House race over 2005 harassment suit

A rising liberal star running for Congress in Kansas has dropped out of the race over a 2005 federal lawsuit in which she was accused of sexually harassing a male employee whom she supervised.

Andrea Ramsey, 56, of Leawood, was looking to challenge incumbent Republican Kevin Yoder in 2018 in the Kansas City-area 3rd District but announced in a Facebook post that she would be ending her campaign Friday.

Ramsey called the allegations made by her former employee at LabOne, Gary Funkhouser, “a lie.”
“Twelve years ago, I eliminated an employee’s position,” Ramsey wrote. “That man decided to bring a lawsuit against the company (not against me). He named me in the allegations, claiming I fired him because he refused to have sex with me. That is a lie.”

I feel bad for this Ramsey chick. Similar thing happened to me. One of the mom's on the little league baseball team I manage claimed that I benched her son because she refused to have sex with me which was a total lie. I benched her son because he sucked. Yeah, I offered to start him if she slept with me (Just in right field. No big deal in case anyone was thinking badly of me.) Take sex out of the picture and the kid would have been riding the bench anyway. Total misrepresentation of the facts.

We're over that now though. Her husband was out of town last week so I called over there and asked what her New Year's resolution was. She said ,"**** you" then hung up. Maaaaybe I'm just an optimist, but I don't think she's going to have any trouble achieving her goal for 2018 (wink, wink).

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Am I crazy to think so much of this coming out now is the result of the Bill Cosby trial which really happened when a comedian made fun of him for allegedly assaulting women?  It just seems rather remarkable to me how much has come from the that pebble thrown into the pond of our collective consciousness.  I mean Cosby wasn't convicted and yet the feeling of pervasive injustice happening in our society has finally struck a cord within a large portion of our society. 

It's about freaking time! 

Don't think it is hopeless to point out wrongs.  For even if the individual cause may be lost, it may prompt others to take up the call.  I would say this to all the "Cosby accusers" who think nothing god can come from speaking out, thank you.  People like you are bringing change for the cultures in which our children and their children will grow.  May their children think things have always been thus because they can imagine no world where what you experienced is common until they are told of our history to better appreciate the value of our voices.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gbear said:

Am I crazy to think so much of this coming out now is the result of the Bill Cosby trial which really happened when a comedian made fun of him for allegedly assaulting women?  It just seems rather remarkable to me how much has come from the that pebble thrown into the pond of our collective consciousness.  I mean Cosby wasn't convicted and yet the feeling of pervasive injustice happening in our society has finally struck a cord within a large portion of our society. 

It's about freaking time! 

Don't think it is hopeless to point out wrongs.  For even if the individual cause may be lost, it may prompt others to take up the call.  I would say this to all the "Cosby accusers" who think nothing god can come from speaking out, thank you.  People like you are bringing change for the cultures in which our children and their children will grow.  May their children think things have always been thus because they can imagine no world where what you experienced is common until they are told of our history to better appreciate the value of our voices.

Cosby's stuff was in 2014/15.

He went on trial this year for the only one they could potentially charge him with.

IMO, the Trump tape and his subsequent election is what lead to this moment.

• Like 2