Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If I remember correctly, part of the song involved a conversation where the woman had snuck out without telling her parents and the guy was trying to get her to stay and drink some more alcohol.  At least the Louis Armstrong and Velma Middleton version. Fantastic, did they do that part, too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Honestly, that's not a bad idea.  Advertise recitals and any dudes who show up without relatives there probably are pedos who should be on watchlists.

To Catch A Predator: Dance Edition

I know that was tongue in cheek, but imagine if that was said about scouts for sports teams...

Creepy indeed. 

I went to a friends graduation at UMD, certainly not related to her. She's Korean. 

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I have some cutting edge treatments I prefer for guys like Moore---sexual assault charges true or not.

You cut out the rest I see. Hmm. 

I agree. That guy is a POS. How in the heck is this type of stuff possible ? 

I also agree with the slice and dice proposal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i wasn't implying the dems have no dirty ops of course...just that since the 50's or earlier  they've been way less competent most of the time and much less energetic than their rivals.....

They've been way less successful. I don't know if competent is the right word. The GOP's dirty ops aren't exactly Sun Tzu...

Meanwhile, inside of the strategy session

GOP Turd #1: Uh.... how about if this week, we say Hillary is a meth addict and that when she was 14, she got pregnant with Sammy Davis Junior's baby aaaaaaand, then Nancy Pelosi wanted to hide the baby from the public because it was a black, jewish, meth baby and so she sent it to Mesquite, TX and he eventually became the Dallas BLM rally shooter.

GOP Turd #2: Do you think people will actually believe that?

GOP Turd #1: You shut the hell up before I slap you in the face. I'm Newt Gingrich!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Burgold said:

I believe you're right. I also think actions speak louder than words. If they elect him then he represents them and they represent him.

If he wins it will be Republicans that elected him (sad to say for me) and if he loses it will be Republicans that defeated him.  The Dems are in a win-win situation in this race thanks to Bannon and his cronies. Frankly I think the Dems win bigger if Moore wins as that empowers the Bannon/populist wing of the Republican party (Which is good for the Dems politically) a loss weakens Bannon while strengthening the conservatives in the party. Additionally a Moore win gives Dems great optics to use against the Republicans in future elections.  (Believe some out of state Democrats got involved because they share the same calculation that losing here would be better).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

If he wins it will be Republicans that elected him (sad to say for me) and if he loses it will be Republicans that defeated him.  The Dems are in a win-win situation in this race thanks to Bannon and his cronies. Frankly I think the Dems win bigger if Moore wins as that empowers the Bannon/populist wing of the Republican party (Which is good for the Dems politically) a loss weakens Bannon while strengthening the conservatives in the party. Additionally a Moore win gives Dems great optics to use against the Republicans in future elections.  (Believe some out of state Democrats got involved because they share the same calculation that losing here would be better).

Good post.

The idealist in me disagrees as I think the Democrats are best served by a strong Republican party (and vice versa). Both sides need to up their games, but from all appearances, the GOP has to up its game just to climb out of the lowest gutter on the lowest tier of hell.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

d09349cf1e4708faf575d3b01df0bcced532feec

13 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Actually, if he loses it will be Democrats that defeat him along with a small number of cross-over Republicans.   The overwhelming majority of Republicans will vote for him.  Just saying.

Edited by Predicto

4 minutes ago, Predicto said:

d09349cf1e4708faf575d3b01df0bcced532feec

Actually, if he loses it will be Democrats that defeat him along with a small number of cross-over Republicans.   The overwhelming majority of Republicans will vote for him.  Just saying.

You missed the point the only way Dems can win in Alabama is if Republicans let them (They don't even need to cross over they can decide just not to show up).

3 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

@BenningRoadSkin, My sister voted very simply. 

That video from the young lady is some venting more than anything. 

Seems as though she might be a little salty also. 

She still voted, her vote was made...celebrate it more than try to accuse folks of stuff that are simply trying to do their job. 

I don't care about you and your second hand account.

There was no reason that she had to go through all of that.

19 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

@BenningRoadSkin, My sister voted very simply. 

That video from the young lady is some venting more than anything. 

Seems as though she might be a little salty also. 

She still voted, her vote was made...celebrate it more than try to accuse folks of stuff that are simply trying to do their job. 

I wonder where your sister lives.   Is it in a poor minority area?  

23 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You missed the point the only way Dems can win in Alabama is if Republicans let them (They don't even need to cross over they can decide just not to show up).

I didn't miss the point.  This guy is a monster created by and nurtured by the GOP and conservative media.  I'm just not into giving the GOP any credit if a small percentage of their voters suddenly develop a tiny pseudo conscience for one day.  The rest of the base keeps right on toeing the bigoted line that sustains them so well.  

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Predicto said:

I didn't miss the point.  This guy is a monster created by and nurtured by the GOP and conservative media.  I'm just not into giving the GOP any credit if a small percentage of their voters suddenly develop a tiny pseudo conscience for one day.  The rest of the base keeps right on toeing the bigoted line that sustains them so well.  

I'll give them credit. Positive Reinforcement of low occurring behaviors can eventually create better habits. 

I still will be shocked if they don't elect Moore, but if they reject him I will applaud their decision even if it is only baby steps.

13 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'll give them credit. Positive Reinforcement of low occurring behaviors can eventually create better habits. 

I still will be shocked if they don't elect Moore, but if they reject him I will applaud their decision even if it is only baby steps.

Fair enough.

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

"Oh boy, I nailed that Jewboy at the end - I said Merry Christmas!   You see that there? 

Surprised he didn't burst into flame tho..."  

• Like 2