Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

It's more than the body count. Al Franken was a serious and diligent senator. He was very effective especially during the hearings. Yes, he will be replaced by a democrat, but will she be as able? I hope so.

We lost a good one today on the basis of some nebulous charges. Maybe he should have resigned. I'm not convinced it was for the better of the cause, the party or the country.

Wow, surprised to hear about Harold Ford Jr., I always liked him and thought he was one of the good ones.

I want to see how this one shakes out before making any judgments.

Morning Joe is running out of panelists.

Edited by jschuck12001

Roy Moore is probably the least likely candidate that anyone would be surprised to see things being uncovered from the past that indicate he's been an idiot for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It's more than the body count. Al Franken was a serious and diligent senator. He was very effective especially during the hearings. Yes, he will be replaced by a democrat, but will she be as able? I hope so.

We lost a good one today on the basis of some nebulous charges. Maybe he should have resigned. I'm not convinced it was for the better of the cause, the party or the country.

Yeah I admit when Franken first ran & won, I felt it was a bit of a stunt-victory, but over time he proved to be pretty intelligent and well informed on issues across the board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@BenningRoadSkin @No Excuses  I think you are both making excellent points (please keep going).

I'll just inject some data to No Excuses point:

Question is "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as President? COMBINED WITH: (If approve/disapprove q1) Do you strongly or somewhat approve/disapprove?"

image.png.32ec71650b28c29098733c2fd2b69961.png

Interestingly, Trump has more support from 50-64 than 65+.  Possibly WWII era folks who refuse to be on the side of Nazis???

To No Excuses' point, millennials are 74 disapproval overall to 19 approval with nearly all of the disapproval being strongly.  But the age group that supports most strongly (and its not that strongly) starts at age 50, so they'll mostly be voting for another 20 years at least. 

Edit, this is from the most recent Q poll.  https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2504

Wouldn't bet too strongly on that.  Some of those 18-34 year olds are going to get into their late 30s, realize life isn't working out the way they thought it would, and start looking for somebody else to blame.  And somebody will be happy to hold up a boogie man for them to blame as long as going after the boogie man also allows them to cut taxes on the people really running the show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Wouldn't bet too strongly on that.  Some of those 18-34 year olds are going to get into their late 30s, realize life isn't working out the way they thought it would, and start looking for somebody else to blame.  And somebody will be happy to hold up a boogie man for them to blame as long as going after the boogie man also allows them to cut taxes on the people really running the show.

Yes, the results are not far off from historical trends of people getting more conservative as they get mature(responsibilities) and then trending back some in old age.

The % of population in each age group will be more a factor.

I feel like there's a way that conversation isn't ridiculous

And a way it is ridiculous

And unfortunately we'd never know which is which without some sort of documentation

Although two people with the exact same story is pretty compelling

9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yes, pj, better to keep your hands to yourself and remove all doubt about your professional conduct. I wish more people would do so.

Remember when Ivanka announced Sunkist and he had his hands BELOW HIS DAUGHTER'S WAIST? 

That's a ****in' predator right thar.  There's never been a single sliver of a doubt in my mind since that moment.  And he needs company somethin' awful, since she's hottin' it up wid dat Jewboy...no wonder his dentures slip all over the place.  He's completely befuddled..."How could my daughter want him more than me?"  :rofl89:

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Franken was a vindictive dirtbag

Good riddance

That is at odds with everything I've heard and read about his time in the Senate.  Unless you're talking about his battles with Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, and I wouldn't call that vindictiveness so much as calling them out on their bull****.

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

That is at odds with everything I've heard and read about his time in the Senate.  Unless you're talking about his battles with Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, and I wouldn't call that vindictiveness so much as calling them out on their bull****.

He's up there with Bernie and Liz as the new "Lions" to succeed Mr. Ted *his own issues notwithstanding, he fought harder than anyone in my lifetime for everything to be FAIR*.

You know, kinda like the Constitution says it's supposed to be...to stand for everyone's common good. 

Why DO some states call themselves "Commonwealths"?  Anyone ever thought about that? 

Virginia, Massachusetts, both kind of "Let's get some **** done for the people" kind of states.  It's for our COMMON...WEALTH. 

DUH. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I feel like there's a way that conversation isn't ridiculous

And a way it is ridiculous

And unfortunately we'd never know which is which without some sort of documentation

Although two people with the exact same story is pretty compelling

Probably best to stick with family friends or if you have to go the employee route ask everyone if they know anyone outside who would want to do it. I'd err on the side of caution and just not bring it up though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Probably best to stick with family friends or if you have to go the employee route ask everyone if they know anyone outside who would want to do it. I'd err on the side of caution and just not bring it up though.

Yup.

What I could see as not ridiculous is if the employee brings up wanting to do it, and it just so happens you're looking for one.

That would be a strange coincidence that I would consider not ridiculous, but still inappropriate.

:ols:

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

There is a zero-point-zero percent chance that Franks' statement contains the entire story of what happened. 

Paul Ryan was briefed about this late last week and told Franks to resign from Congress immediately.  The real story is going to be much worse. 

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1